Chapter 4

Dreams Come True (Sometimes)
Soyeon likes to think of her self as a lioness, fierce and powerful and in every way unstoppable. Her mother always taught her how the world can be cruel at times. That she had to be brave inorder to survive. That's how she remembers her mother, brave even when faced with death, giving out her last breath with a smile directed at a twelve year old Soyeon who had never cried harder than that in her life.

Growing up, there were times she would like to think that her father cared for her but it was evident that for him his work and reputation would always be the priority. It would be almost accurate to say she grew up without the love and protection required from him.

So in all aspects Soyeon believes she is strong and a force to be reckoned with. But mother nature has always created counterparts. Like how winter has spring or day has night. Just like that she has Song Yuqi who countered her ferocity with cuteness. The Song Yuqi she loves more than anything in this world. But sadly, Yuqi also countered Soyeon's bravery with her cowardliness. More so towards Soyeon's father who is now hell bent on marrying her off to a family with an equal social status quo as him. Soyeon's happiness be damned.

Yuqi had decided to put all her faith on her sister, that their dilemma could only be solved by her arrival which also had Soyeon holding on to that silver lining of hope which was shattered rather quickly. She was there to witness the look on Yuqi's face after her sister's absence which was the cause of Soyeon's annoyance and dampened mood.

God knows how much she had cursed her naive innocent girlfriend and her sister who must have backed out at the last second.

So, while her counterpart would be no doubt brooding along with a helpless Soojin in their shared apartment, Soyeon decided that she would take matters in to her own hands. She would not be giving up that easily.

And that brings her to the current subject, sitting a few feet apart from Jo Hakyeon who just maybe purposefully ignoring her sighs and eye rolls as he talked animatedly about himself.

But under her father's watchful gaze there was only so much she could do. She had resorted to the childish trick of annoying Jo Hakyeon which would hopefully make him turn down this marriage.
So far she had tried to be nonchalant and ignorant. And when her father mentioned about her love for music, she decided to rap with the broadest spectrum of curses she could muster that usually ticked off gentlemanly rich brats such as these. But to his credit, he seemed to rather enjoy it even complimenting to her father that how a rare talent it was. No matter what she tried Jo Hakyeon seemed to be amused with her that had her questioning which planet this guy was from.

On the verge of her anger, she decided to finally up things a notch while preparing for their dinner. She watched on with anticipation as Jo Hakyeon happily accepted the soup bowl that she had filled up with mostly chilli powder.

He had already gulped down a few spoonfuls when his brain finally registered the spiciness. Soyeon smirked from across the table as she witnessed his face freeze, another spoonful of the spicy red soup right infront of his mouth that was wide open. His fair complexion made the deepening crimson colour even more obvious and Soyeon had to cover  as an attempt to not laugh out loud.

When the guy finally started coughing gaining her father's attention did she register the horrible consequences this prank could lead to once Jo Hakyeon speaks. She had stopped breathing when her father questioned Jo Hakyeon who had finished gulping down an entire glass of water. But to her surprise, Jo Hakyeon decided not to oust her and just made up an excuse of choking on something that had Soyeon feeling extremely guilty for her actions.

She decided to be kind for the guy for once and had accepted his gift with a kind smile. Her father as expected boasted about the branded heels Jo Hakyeon had gifted her and how lucky she was to get one of them while Soyeon worried about how she's supposed to walk in them.

Meanwhile in Seoul, Miyeon had gotten ready to go to Busan again and grabbed her luggage bag in one hand while she held the phone to her ear in the other.

"Yes Claus! I got held up" She informed to her boss knowing the incoming terrain of nags for not being careful enough. She was now infront of the hotel holding up her arm for a taxi as she listened to Claus on the other end.

When a taxi stopped infront of her she immediately went in muttering her destination "Seoul train station" without even looking at the driver.

"Stop worrying Claus! They are safe just need to acquire them from Jeon Residence in Busan" She said putting a stop to the rambling on the other end, wanting to finish the call as quickly as possible. "I'll take of care it"

Only when she hung up did she notice that the taxi has yet to move. She looked to the front ready to shout at the driver, only then did she notice Minnie smiling at her from the driver's seat.

"I think you need a nap Miyeonnie!" Minnie said using a cute voice that was usually used by Miyeon to annoy the other. Due to the shock, Miyeon was not able to comprehend the situation even when Minnie put a napkin right infront of her face which turned her vision blurry before losing consciousness.

Back in Busan, Soyeon was finally able to resign to her bedroom when her father decided to call in for the night. She breathed a sigh of relief once inside the depths of her room and away from both Jo Hakyeon and her father. The events of the day had surely drained her more than usual.

It had become a routine for her to walk towards her bedroom window and see what Yuqi's words for her would be. Sometimes it would be little poems taken from the many books Yuqi would read and the other times words of encouragement that would give her a boost for the other day. But looking at how the day had went, Soyeon was really not expecting to see anything written for her. And she had to double check what was really written not because the letters were too small or not because she cannot deduce her girlfriend's mess of a handwriting (at this point she's an expert at it). It was simply because she could neither comprehend nor believe what was written.

What was written, you may ask?

Jo Hakyeon is Shuhua (My sister)

Take care of her
When things finally clicked in her head she gasped audibly with a hand covering .

"!"

Yuqi was not in her room to give anymore information than what was written so in a moment of quick thinking Soyeon made her way out of the room and across the corridor of the second floor to the other side of the house where the guest room was located. She knocked on the door loud enough for the guest to hear but low enough so that it would not be audible for her father, whose room is located at the corner. She heard some shuffling from the other side.

"Please wait for a few minutes" came in the polite response and Soyeon wondered how a female was able to make her voice so deep but dismissed the thought because after all it was Yuqi's sister. It must be a fort of their family.

"It's me Soyeon" Soyeon decided to inform as she heard more shuffling inside the room knowing that Yuqi's sister was trying to dress up again so she added "And Yuqi told me who you are"

"Oh!" Came a softer and more feminine voice this time that Soyeon deduced was the girl's actual voice. The sounds of shuffling ceased and a few seconds later the door to the room opened revealing Yuqi's sister who had her long black hair loose, wearing a simple green sweat shirt with long comfy grey pants.

"Thankgod! She told you" Shuhua smiled opening the door wider and gesturing for Soyeon to come inside. "I thought you would murder me once your father goes to sleep"

As shuhua closed the door behind her Soyeon sat on the edge of the bed. She laughed a little at what Shuhua had said. "About that I'm really, really Sorry! If I had known it was you I wouldn't have done that"

"It's okay!" Shuhua sat beside her. "It's good to know that you're loyal to my sister"

As time went by, Soyeon felt a sisterly affection bubbling inside her as Shuhua talked more about her sister and she could not stop herself from muttering a "Thankyou!" which halted Shuhua's rambling.

Seeing the frown on the girl's face she elaborated "Just for coming and if the real Jo Hakyeon was here today he would have tattled to my father and that would not have ended well"

"Yeah that's true" Shuhua giggled before continuing "That guy is a complete jerk by the way"

Soyeon was going to ask about what happened to the real Jo Hakyeon but stopped as Shuhua stood up to take a black jacket out of her backpack and wearing it over her sweatshirt. "Are you going somewhere? At this time?" Soyeon asked glancing at the clock on the bedside table which showed that it was almost one AM.

"Yeah. I was thinking of meeting Yuqi" It was then that Soyeon realised that the sisters were not able to properly greet each other back at the station.

She also stood up ready to go back to her room. She had muttered a 'bye' and was just on her way out when Shuhua called out.

"Soyeon" She turned back to see Shuhua at the front of the room door. "Don't worry and get some rest. By the time you wake up I'll make sure the Jo Hakyeon matter is over"

With a contented smile on her face Soyeon went back to her room. She now understands why Yuqi trusts her sister so much. There was this feeling that the girl would never let her and Yuqi down.

Shuhua made her way across the street and to the front of the house which still had it's lights on. They did not get to have the kind of sibling reunion they had intended. Shuhua had been feeling restless eversince she saw Yuqi in the train station and not being able to give her sister the tightest hug that was long overdue.

"Song Yuqi you better be awake" she muttered pressing on the door bell.

But instead of a short girl with cute facial features the person who opened the door was taller. Eventhough the girl's hair was tied in to a bun making the round face clearer, she was anything but cute. She had her eyes narrowed at Shuhua whose attention briefly went to the mole below the girl's right eye which accentuated her beauty.

While Soojin questioned the existence of a stranger on her doorstep at such an ungodly hour, Shuhua was blatantly staring at the beauty infront of her.

"WOW! Just Wow! I don't know if you are aware of this or not but you're really beautiful"

 

 

Authors Note:

Hope you enjoy.

Also let's support the girls as much as we can so stream the mv and vote for them to get music show wins.

​​​​​