Chapter 7

Dreams Come True (Sometimes)
Miyeon smiled feeling the constant breeze whizzing past her face. She let her fingers brush away some strands of hair that were getting in the way of her vision. She glanced outside the convertible, not that there was much a scenary to see just countless buildings but she did not want to keep on staring at Minnie whose entire focus was solely on driving.

It was wee hours in the morning when she had chosen abruptly to start their journey to Busan and Minnie was definitely not happy with being woken up so early. She was even grumpier when Miyeon had chosen to rent a fairly expensive convertible for their trip. But Miyeon would not settle for anything less.

Miyeon glanced to the side to stare at Minnie again who still was looking very much grim as she drove at a steady speed. Miyeon had a remark about how the girl looked like an angrybird but she held it down in favor of peace. Who knows Minnie might throw her out of the car if she was provoked. She must have been staring long enough for Minnie to notice.

"What?" Minnie glanced at her only once to make sure that Miyeon was staring and then focusing back on the road. Minnie's way of driving was just like her personality, careful and slow. Miyeon let out a giggle at the thought. "Why do you look so happy? It's only 4 A.M."

"Nothing" Miyeon also shifted her attention to look around the passing buildings again. Even Minnie's grumpiness is not going to dampen her mood. Not when she is finally free and doing something she wants to do. Not that she was restrained when she was with Claus, but she had always wondered how it would be like to be working with Minnie instead. And now that those what ifs she had buried inside her had a glint of hope she was going to take her chances.

There was a chuckle and Miyeon turned just in time to see a smile blooming on Minnie's face for the first time. "Are you that happy to rebel against Claus and getting those diamonds for yourself?"

'No idiot! It's because I'm finally beside you instead of being against you' Miyeon withheld herself from saying the words she really wanted to say.

To be honest, Miyeon could not care any less about the diamonds. If she wanted them she would have already got them. But if the diamonds are what Minnie needed for them to escape this country together, then she will happily oblige. She was a goner at one mention of working with Minnie and Miyeon did not even need to hear the rest. It was only an added bonus that she would be freed from Claus aswell. If only Minnie knew of the power she held over Miyeon. Oh what would that be like?

"You can say that" She decided to say instead smiling widely at which Minnie made a weird face before grabbing her hand bag with one hand while she held on to the steering wheel with the other. Miyeon watched on confused as Minnie struggled to look for something in her bag while driving at the same time. Thankgod there were not many vehicles on the road at this time. "Aha! Found it!"

Miyeon was even more befuddled when she saw that it was a pair of sunglasses that the girl had taken out and decided to wear. With a smug expression on her face Minnie went back to her driving.

"The sun is not even up yet" Miyeon finally commented on the girl's weird behavior. Minnie did not even look at her obviously anticipating the comment and rather satisfied with it.

"Who needs to worry about the sun when you're here"

Miyeon laughed wholeheartedly shaking her head at the girl's antics. This just might be her own utopia and Miyeon could only hope it lasts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe he slapped you?" Yuqi's brain was on overdrive as she helped her sister sit on the couch back in their home.

"Well I expected more from him you know" Shuhua who now had a very noticeable red hand print on her left cheek spoke. She was still in her Jo Hakyeon attire but had gotten rid of the wig to free her hair. "I was fully prepared to get beaten up"

That definitely did not sit well with Yuqi and she expressed it with the look she gave to Shuhua. She now felt like an idiot for not expecting the prospect of her sister getting hurt with such a plan like that. And that too after plotting against Jeon Youngmin of all people. What was she even thinking?

"Yuqi I'm okay" Knowing the dilemma spiralling in Yuqi's head Shuhua held on to her wrist and guided her to sit beside her on the couch. "It's just because I'm too pale it's very noticeable. It didn't hurt that much"

Now that was a blatant lie and Yuqi glared at her sister. Jeon Youngmin's slap would definetly be worse than a slap from a normal person. Yuqi feared him for a reason afterall. Shuhua sighed in defeat and tried again to ease Yuqi's worries. "Well it all worked out in the end. Jo Hakyeon is out of the picture"

That was true atleast. She was not able to witness the scene with her own eyes but according to Shuhua and Soojin the man just walked away warning Jo Hakyeon to never come across his path again with a slap across the face ofcourse. So she would not have to worry about Soyeon getting married for the moment.

"I guess" Yuqi finally admitted with a sigh herself. She proceeded to hold Shuhua's right cheek and carefully inspect the cheek that looked swollen now. Shuhua looked like she was about to protest against Yuqi's worries but before that the other side of the couch dipped and Yuqi had to retreat her hands as another person cradled Shuhua's face gently and turned her towards them.

Soojin placed a packet of frozen peas carefully on Shuhua's swollen cheek. Shuhua immediately yelped at the contact and tried to move her face away but one look from Soojin and the girl had stopped her movements letting Soojin place it back on her cheek.

Yuqi was stunned in her spot as she observed with wide eyes the interaction between the two who looked like they were having a conversation just by staring at each other's eyes. It was only now that Yuqi had noticed the sheer change in the atmosphere between the two. Yuqi had been too occupied on fussing over Shuhua and her bruised cheek or else she would have noticed the silence between the two earlier on their way home. For some weird reason she felt like she was the one intruding a private moment.

And it was certainly odd how their dynamics changed overnight from being at eachother's throat to what seemed like childhood bestfriends if not lovers. That would be something Yuqi could never comprehend.

"Ahem!" Yuqi finally cleared  to make her presence known to the other two who looked oblivious to their surrounding.

And she was very much amused when both of them reacted to her voice jumping away from each other immediately as if they were caught red-handed in a crime scene. It was comical for Yuqi seeing that the people who could not look away from eachother moments before were now staring at anything other then that, Soojin faced the wall towards her right and Shuhua had to face away from Soojin now looking at Yuqi instead.

"Am I missing something here? Did something happen?"

They were even more suspicious when the two answered with a chorus of 'No' simultaneously.

"Umm! Sure" As hilarious as it was Yuqi decided whatever it was, it was between them and she would not intervene.

"So.." Soojin said after a moment almost hesitant with what she was about to ask. "What now?"

Eventhough, She did not address anyone Yuqi was sure the question was directed at Shuhua who seemed to be deep in her thoughts.

"Well now that Yuqi's problem is over I'm going back" Shuhua answered not missing the way the other two immediately turned to her.

"What? You can't go back" Yuqi thought of anything she could say to make Shuhua stay. "You just came here and now you're going back?"

"I'm sorry Yuqi. But I have to go" Yuqi shook her head defying whatever excuse Shuhua was about to say.

"For what?" It was Soojin who spoke this time with her low tone of voice which was usually used when she was irked.

This time Shuhua was hesitant with the hardstare Soojin was giving her and Yuqi was clueless to what that meant. "I-I have things to do in Seoul" Shuhua finally stuttered out an answer which was not convincing at all. Soojin's glare only hardened and neither Shuhua nor Yuqi had the courage to speak.

When it was evident that Shuhua was not going to say anything more Soojin let out a disappointed sigh. "Fine then I have work early" She said facing away from both Shuhua and Yuqi. "Better get some rest before that"

Soojin dissapeared into her room without another look at their direction and Yuqi turned to her sister. "Are you seriously not going to tell me what the  happened between you two?

Shuhua propped up both her feet onto the couch which made her look smaller. Her voice was soft and timid when she answered Yuqi's question. "I messed up Yuqi"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claus sat at his usual chair with all his henchmen around him. this time there were no dancers and the place was filled with an eery silence. The cigar he held between his fingers was flicked away due to the annoyance he felt as he heard the automated voice on the phone for the nth time.

"The number you are trying to reach is currently switched off"

"Damn it Miyeon!" He shouted making everyone flinch. he turned towards the henchman holding up the phone for him.  "Call the Busan base tell them to get Miyeon from the Jeon residence"

The henchman walked away with the phone to call the Busan base and came back after a few minutes.

"Sir actually the Busan base has only two of our people, Jisoo and Rosé" He said.

"So?" Claus asked impatiently. "tell them to get me Miyeon"

"Jisoo and Rosé are" his voice got smaller towards the end in fear of the reaction he might get from the boss. "at Ilsan right now"

"What? Why" Needless to say Claus was furious but thankfully, he did not vent his anger on the poor henchman.

"Something about Ilsan having better food" The henchman answered looking down embarassed for his Busan comrades.

Claus rubbed his face in frustration. "Well tell them to go to Busan as quickly as possible and do what I told them"

"Yes Sir! Right away Sir" The henchman immediately fled away from the scene with the phone in his grasp.

Claus stood up from his seat fixing his long black jacket. He spoke addressing to the all the other henchmen. "Make all the arrangements needed for us to head back to Korea"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The morning was tension filled for Yuqi as the other two in her home avoided eachother. The only moment of happiness she had was witnessing her girlfriend celebrating the cancelled marriage. Soyeon even made quite a scene opening her window throwing out Jo Hakyeon's luggage bag straight into the large trashcan on the street not before shouting out a 'no offense Shuhua' which had the said girl doubled up on laughter.  Yuqi even noticed Soojin laughing silently from the sidelines.

It was more suffocating inside Soojin's car certainly not because of the small space inside it. Yuqi tried her best to act normal as she pretended to be in her own world looking outside the car window. What she really did was ponder about the reason why she accepted Soojin's offer to drop them off at the railway station on her way to work. From her periphral she noticed Shuhua who was sitting beside her on the back seat glancing at Soojin once in a while trying to be subtle. Even if Soojin noticed, which Yuqi was sure she did, the girl did not speak up on it.

Yuqi was so grateful once she saw their destination. She did not have the patience to wait till the car was properly pulled up on the side, as she opened the car door yelling out 'I'll go buy the ticket' and slamming it shut before before either of them can protest.

Clearly,the two needed to talk and Yuqi was hoping her absence would give them the opportunity to do so. She was also hoping that Soojin can work a miracle and  convince her sister to stay.

Yuqi bought the ticket and decided to buy some snacks from a nearby stall lingering around there to pass some time before going back. Shuhua was just getting out of the car when she had returned so they must have had a long discussion. From Shuhua's expression alone Yuqi could deduce that it did not end well. Though Yuqi was sure she heard Soojin whisper 'Take care Shuhua' before the car door was shut properly.

"Soojin can't stop you from leaving either huh?" Yuqi decided to ask. She could see that Shuhua was split on her own decision to leave. Yuqi wished she could force the girl to spill out her worries but that would not be right of her to do so.

"You know me Yuqi" Shuhua tried to be bright but Yuqi could see the facade she was trying to pull up. "I'm a free spirit. I can't stay rooted in one place"

Yuqi really did try again countless times to change the girl's mind as they waited at the station but still failed.

"I'm not leaving forever Yuqi" Shuhua tried to comfort her when it was time to go, giving her sister the tightest hug. "I have to fix somethings then I'll be back for you. And maybe for Soojin too but don't tell her that. I don't want her to wait for me"

They stayed for a while in each others embrace until the final call for boarding the train was made.

Yuqi waved at her sister before heading out not noticing how the girl was only able to take a few steps before being stopped by Hui Yin and her gang with the real Jo Hakyeon standing in between them.

 

 

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late update my phone finally gave in and I had to buy a whole new phone. Now I'm broke for the whole year.

I wrote rather hastily so please ignore the mistakes or feel free to let me know about it.

Anyway hope you all enjoy!