Chapter 8

Dreams Come True (Sometimes)
Shuhua tried to stay as calm as she could eventhough her heart felt like it could burst out of her chest at the rate at which it was beating. The only good thing about this situation was that Yuqi was out of sight and probably on her way to work by a taxi.

As Hui Yin and her gang surrounded her, Shuhua casted a glance at the real Jo Hakyeon still in the white dress she had forced him to wear. The guy was all battered and beaten up, Shuhua was sure he must have had the worst day of his life. She felt slightly guilty for putting him through this.

"How are you going to escape now Shoeha!" Hui Yin smirked waving his long knife at her. The thing could pass off as a sword. Why were Taiwanese weapons so weird? They had never been this close to catching her and Shuhua would be lying if she said she was not terrified.

Yet she forced herself to look like she was not affected. There was still one way for her and she was grateful for the divine forces for gifting her with such quick thinking though, again it must come at the expanse of someone.

"Do whatever you want just let him go" She said mustering up her acting skills and putting her emotions into it. Hui Yin along with all the others were confused looking at the direction where she was pointing at. And as if something clicked in his head Hui Yin chuckled looking at Shuhua who tried hard not to smile. Ofcourse they would be dumb enough to take the bait. She has been able to get away from them for years due to this reason in particular.

"Did our little Shoeha get a lover?" Hui Yin asked in a mocking voice and Shuhua tried not to gag at the thought of that.

"I said let him go" she said firmly one more time. Hui Yin laughed before turning to Jo Hakyeon. The guy kept quiet thinking that this was a way for him to escape.

Shuhua let out a breath and smiled when Hui Yin finally signalled to let Jo Hakyeon go. His minions parted giving way for the man to take off which he did at his fastest pace not looking back.

"Are you that happy to see your boyfriend safe?" Hui Yin asked after observing Shuhua's expression.

"I'm just happy that my money would be safe" She elaborated seeing his puzzled face. "See Hakyeon has all my money. Also he's one of the richest people in Seoul" Atleast some part of it was true.

"CATCH HIM!" With that Hui Yin and all his minions took after Jo Hakyeon who was almost out of sight by now.

"Idiots" Shuhua muttered happily running the opposite direction towards the exit. Hui Yin must have looked back after some time because now Hui Yin and some of his minions were on her tail. But running was also one of her fortes that she had improved over the years. She expertly avoided colliding to people and maneuvered herself exiting the station.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kim Minnie! For the love of God please press harder on that gas pedal" A very impatient Miyeon commanded. They had to stop for a few hours inorder to refill the fuel and eat. Busan was still a good three hours drive away from them. "You do know that Claus will be suspicious and he would have called for backup"

Minnie seemed to be the calmer one among the two rightnow and it seemed like whatever Miyeon was saying was going over her head. It was very different from the moody Minnie she had witnessed in the early hours of the morning. Who knew that all it would take was a meal for the girl to brighten up.

"Chill out Miyeon" Minnie spoke when Miyeon opened  to scold her again. "You said it yourself that he wouldn't know where the diamonds are right?"

"But-"

"No Buts! Just relax" Minnie said pressing one hand on Miyeon's head and gently pushing down leading her to lay back on her seat. Once she was sure that Miyeon would not move from that position, she removed her hand from Miyeon's forehead to turn up the volume of the radio which was playing a soft American song.

Miyeon laughed seeing Minnie head moving along to the beat of the music. It's not everyday you get to witness a carefree Minnie so she decided to let go of her worries for now. She looked out her window just in time to see a person on a bicycle overtake their car and moving ahead. She laughed again motioning towards it when she saw the questioning frown on Minnie's face.

"That person would get a speeding ticket if I was on duty" Minnie commented to which Miyeon only shook her head trying to not to laugh again. Because how slow would she be driving if they were being overtaken by a person on a freaking bicycle?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shuhua frantically searched through her backpack which had different wigs and masks in them along with some clothings. Short hair? No. White hair? No they already saw her in that. Rainbow hair? Why does she even have one? It would only bring unnecessary attention onto her. Black wavy hair with strands of grey hair? Yes. Middle aged get up it is. She took out a long dress that would be compatible with the wig and quickly dressed up.

She had slipped into a public toilet nearby and decided to change her look to deceive Hui Yin and his gang. There was no way they would overlook the place so Shuhua had to disguise quickly. Inorder to save time she left out the mask and wrinkles that would make her indistinguishable. There were enough people on the street she just needs to look normal enough and blend in to the crowd.

When she was done she went out of the place casting a cautious glance back to check where Hui Yin and his gang were. Seeing that they were not very far she started walking forwards keeping her pace as normal as possible.

"There!" One of the minions shouted pointing at her direction when she looked back again. They must have expected her to do this after years of chasing after her.

Shuhua could only curse taking off to a sprint again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Urrgh!" A blonde haired girl slumped in the passenger seat of the car exclaimed. "Stupid Claus!"

"Stupid gang!" She stomped her feet and exclaimed again for the nth time. "I was having the best time of my life but like always they had to ruin it"

"Shut up Rosé!" The other girl in the driving seat scolded finally reaching her limit. But the girl named Rosé was still not done.

"C'mon Jisoo! Why did we have to leave just to kidnap this one person? Claus is planning to come to Busan anyway so can't he do that himself?" She questioned.

"Stop whining! We can go back to Ilsan when we get this done" that brightened up Rosé immediately. "Apparently this Miyeon was one of the higher ups in our gang who brought the stolen diamonds to Busan but Claus lost contact with her" Jisoo explained.

"So after all these years they find us worthy of a mission?" Rosé asked.

Jisoo shook her head in denial "Nope it's  just because we're the only ones in the Busan base. Pretty sure we're still unworthy in their eyes"

But Rosé was filled with hope this time. "It's okay Jisoo! This is our time to shine. And after that we'll have an infinite amount of money to eat at Ilsan"

Jisoo shook her head at how all the girl could think of is going back to Ilsan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soojin was frustrated. She had turned in for her work and did not get anything done. Instead her mind was occupied by how far Shuhua would be from her now and the dangers lurking around that girl. Soojin had really tried to stop her in the car, she really did almost beg. But the girl was too stubborn for her own good.

And it was not like Shuhua wanted to go away either, Soojin was sure the girl wanted stay. Back in the car there was a moment where Shuhua admitted that. Shuhua had even asked Soojin to come with her which was such an irrational request knowing that Soojin's sister and her whole family was depending on her. But Soojin could not deny that it was tempting.

Within the little time they spent together that night, they had connected and Soojin accepted that she had caught some feelings for the girl. But eventhough, there was the potential for more, the situation they were in restricted it. Shuhua was not ready to stay in fear of putting people she care about in danger and Soojin was not ready to leave her family that needed her. Both of them understood that and that is why they had said their farewells in the car.

Soojin sighed trying to remove the thoughts of the girl, turning her steering wheel to turn the car towards the familiar street where her home was located in. She had decided to leave early from work during the break time thinking that she needed to rest. She was too distracted to work anyway. She parked the car at a corner and had taken a few steps towards her house when she noticed the bulky figure of Jeon Youngmin standing in front of her house.

It was odd ofcourse. If anything, he should be infront of his own house. On the other side of the street.

She froze in her spot because Jeon Youngmin's eyes were on her which had never happened before. She was pretty sure he did not even know her name.

"Seo Soojin!" Jeon Youngmin called out.

Okay so maybe he had known who she was all along and just ignored her thinking that she was just a sidekick for Yuqi. But what brought his attention to her so suddenly? Did he notice that she was the one dancing with Jo Hakyeon that night? If so she was going to get murdered.

He started walking towards her and now she understood how Yuqi must have felt all those times. The man was really something to be feared for.

But when he stopped infront of her something changed. He had smiled. At her. He was someone who never smiled. And that too at her who he never even looked at?

"You didn't tell me you had an aunt living in Seoul" He said casually.

"Huh?"

First of all, he never even acknowledged her presence but now he is asking why she had not told him she had an aunt in Seoul as if they were the friendliest neighbors around. Secondly, her aunt in Seoul? She does not have an aunt who lives in Seoul. What was he on about? Soojin felt like she was about to combust at any moment not being able to process what was happening. Maybe this was just a bad dream.

There was a sound of a feminine laugh behind Jeon Youngmin, a laugh which was familiar that had Soojin's ears ringing and alarmbells going off inside her head. Soojin's eyes widened when the girl who had plagued her mind all day stepped out from behind Jeon Youngmin.

"Surprise!" She exclaimed to the bewildered Soojin and held up her hands. "Now come give your auntie a hug"

"AUNTIE?"

 

 

Authors Note:

Friday update again. I just can't seem to be able to update on time. Uni works are keeping me so busy.

Anyways enjoy!