Yubin - to both of them

alongside of the emptiness, wandering, hoping there is still a place for visit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yubin tries to call Gahyeon while waiting for Bora and Siyeon from their apartment. She forgets to tell Gahyeon that she will come late, Gahyeon’s not answering her call. She kinda worries but then she sees a couple just come out from the building. Yubin gets out of the car and opens the passenger door in the back. 

 

At the distance Yubin can see their tired eyes, but while Bora makes eye contact with her Bora’s eyes change softly to look at her. 

 

“Yubin, how are you. I heard that you are Gahyeon’s manager now, I was with Minji when you called her, panickily.” Bora just told about the day she came to MJ Ent when the same day as the accident of Gahyeon unconscious in her apartment. 

 

“I also heard that you came that day.” 

 

Both of them get in the car, followed by Yubin at the driver seat. 

 

“How is she?” asked Siyeon from the back seat. 

 

“Gahyeon? She’s fine and healthy. Eat her meals well, three times a day.” Yubin answered while starting to drive, going to the company, both of them will discuss the contract and other things about the situation. All under Minji’s supervision. 

 

They, all three of them really reunion in one same time and space. It’s something that Yubin doesn’t expect though she really hopes that it really happens. Even though it is through such a mess situation here. 

 

“Glad to hear that.” 

 

“How about Minji?” Bora asked carefully. 

 

Yubin briefly sees the older through the rearview mirror. She sighs while remembering what happened in the company. 

 

“I never saw Minji unnie in that state until today. She’s really frustrated, furious, and worried at the same time. She felt defeated because she never expected this situation, on the day the new group’s debut. Now she’s busy with Moonlite’s team for adding some plan to regain the spotlight, even if just a little bit of the attention.” 

 

Yubin even asked Jinsol if she witnessed this type of situation before, but it was her first time to see Minji like that. 

 

“I see,” said Bora, kinda off. 

 

Yubin glances at both of them briefly again. 

 

“Don’t worry about her, Minji Unnie is really that person, never change at all. If I’m not working on MJ Ent, she must be the one behind this steer wheel right now, it is her car after all.” 

 

“We are in her car?” both of them asked at the same time. 

 

Such a pair, thought Yubin. 

 

“Yeah, she can pick other staff to pick you both but she didn’t and trusted me to pick up both of you even though I’m already full hand to monitor Gahyeon but seems like she forgot about it.”  

 

It's a red light, Yubin glances through the rearview mirror again. 

 

“That means, she cares to both of you, Unnie. She is still Minji that you both know.” 

 

Yubin sees the faint smiles from them, she thinks that was the best words to say to them. And it is a fact indeed, Minji still cares about them, she worries about them. In those years, Minji always has a way to contact her, asking if she knows about the couple, even just a little news. Yubin always has the ways to get the information even though both of them go separate ways after they terminate florals contract and go solo. 

 

Siyeon went to another company until recently and Bora stayed a little bit for a year and found a new company after. 

 

When Minji retired from the stage news came out, both of them ran to Yubin and asked for it. Yubin was also surprised with the news, she didn’t know anything about it but she kinda grasped the situation. Later she knew after she asked Minji directly. She didn't tell everything, how she felt, how she was frustrated with herself. Yubin felt it though at the end, Minji told her. 

 

Yubin is in place between the two sides, observing everything. Bora and Siyeon kinda knew that Yubin got to contact Minji. Sometimes Siyeon asked how Minji was, just to know news about her. Yubin is kinda like a double agent here. 

 

She really hopes that they are back together and it is really happening though it’s not like what she expected with this kind of bad situation. 

 

Suddenly, Yubin’s phone is ringing. The first thought on her mind is Gahyeon. She slowed down the car to the side of the road. Stop to answer the call, Yubin reads the name, it’s really Gahyeon.

 

“Did you get home safely?” 

 

That is the first thing Yubin wants to know. Gahyeon had an appointment with a professional who dealt with sleep problems. It is her second visit, they were taking such a test to examine Gahyeon’s sleep behavior and such. From the first visit the doctor said it mostly from the stress, but for certainty she should run some tests and discussion. So after that she can refer to her counseling or therapy with a mental health professional.

 

“I just showered, didn’t listen to your calls,” answered Gahyeon. 

 

“How is it?” 

 

“Like what she said at last visit, she will refer to a mental health professional.” 

 

So it is really from her stress, Yubin thinks. Wonder if it’s because of the problem with her ex. Like she thought too much about it and then about her wish to quit from the stage too. All combined, stressed her out and had nightmares. Yubin just hopes that it didn't go to the worse case or anything beyond that. 

 

“How is Minji Unnie? Is she fine?” asked Gahyeon, worrying Minji. 

 

“She’s fine now….. I think, more calm than when she let her anger out. I probably will come really late….” 

 

Suddenly she remembers that there are Bora and Siyeon on the backseat. She turns her head to look at both of them who are curious about the conversation and listen to it very well. Yubin puts an apologetic face to both of them. 

 

“There are side dishes from yesterday, you can order some takeout too.” continued Yubin. 

 

“Why? Have you eaten dinner, Unnie?” 

 

“Uhm… Actually I’m with Bora and Siyeon unnie right now, at the car, stop at the sideway.” Yubin glances at both of them, she doesn’t know if this can be told to others. But it’s Gahyeon, probably it’s okay to tell her. 

 

When Yubin wants to add something, Siyeon casually steals her phone and touches the loudspeaker button. 

 

“Sorry, Gahyeon, that your manager is with us now. You can blame Minji for that I guess.” 

 

“Siyeon Unnie?” 

 

“Hi, Gahyeon, we should meet up someday. If we are in the company, let’s meet and eat lunch somewhere.” Bora followed to gave her idea

 

“Ah yeah, let’s do it.” Gahyeon sounds fluttered by a sudden conversation with Siyeon and Bora. 

 

They exchanged some questions that are not related to current issues, both parties are respecting each other. Yubin thought this could be a change of mood for both. As Gahyeon’s manager, she is glad that her seniors treat her nice that much. She knew Bora and Siyeon are kind people, both of them who understand about all in this industry. 

 

It’s just a small conversation, but both of them really adore Gahyeon. Yubin doesn’t know that, but Gahyeon seems to be surrounded by good people. Well, not everyone for sure. 

 

The phone is on her hand now after Siyeon gave it back to the owner. 

 

“I will call later,” said Yubin before ending the call. “Sorry, I need to answer that.” Yubin looked at the backseat, at Bora and Siyeon before starting the engine and slowly driving the car away from the sideway. 

 

“It’s okay, the way your face turned relieved after seeing who’s calling said enough that you were waiting for the call,” said Siyeon followed by the hums from Bora. 

 

“So, you are living with her, I guess?” asked Bora. 

 

“Yes, for a month from what I can understand.” 

 

“A month? Why is that then?” Siyeon is curious, it seems both of them don’t know Gahyeon’s situation at a certain level. “Wait, isn’t she wanting to follow what Minji did?” 

 

Seems only that level. 

 

“What do you mean?” asked Bora confusedly who didn't know anything about it. 

 

“I… I haven’t told you?”

 

Yubin noticed the voice changed on Siyeon when she answered it. Seems like she won’t tell Bora about it, from what Yubin heard, this is quite sensitive topic for Bora too. She will be hired as a dancer, not a singer. So it was her cue to take over the situation. 

 

“Gahyeon wants to quit, from the stage,” said Yubin to explain it to Bora. 

 

“Oh…..” Yubin glances at the rearview mirror to see her reaction, a glimpse she can see Bora is surprised at new information. “Wait, what? Why? What happened to her?” 

 

Bora asks both of them, Siyeon just shakes her head. She doesn’t know the details. Yubin glances again, hands still mostly focusing on her steerwheel and eyes on the road. 

 

It should be okay if Yubin told them, she thought. They know each other, Yubin trusts them enough too. 

 

“From what I observed, the pressure on her from the public burdens her. She… She’s tired I guess. The blow hit hard on her when she caught her girlfriend sleeping in her apartment, with another person…” Yubin sighs, takes a breath. “Stress plus the heartbroken, made her stay at Hospital’s bed. The idea of her wanting to quit is already in her head, the trigger just pulled.” 

 

“What about a month you live with her?” 

 

Yubin hits a brake slowly when the red lights up. She takes a look at both of them in the backseat through rearview mirror. They are waiting for the answer. 

 

“It’s the time Minji offered. For Gahyeon, to think about her decision. I’m just making sure for her not to miss her meals and help her with what she wants at that time period. Provide everything we can offer and help.” 

 

Scoffed let air in the car. It’s from Bora. 

 

“Isn’t that a bit unfair when she’s never thought about it years ago and now she gives someone in her company time to think?” 

 

“Bora!” 

 

Yubin started to drive again when the green light lit up. The tension is quite a bit heavy with the conversation. This is why Yubin is afraid that Minji will never handle this kind of tension. Or not. She doesn’t know, what she knows is a truth from days ago. 

 

“About that… over these years I never took a side, but since days ago, I’m on Minji’s side now. It’s not because I’m working under her company now, but….. She… Minji Unnie… I always thought that she’s fine for these years, I asked around in the company how Minji was for years with them. We really thought that she’s good and fine with what she stands now.” 

 

Yubin doesn’t know why she talked about this with Bora and Siyeon, the timing is also not nice to talk about. Before they sign to join the company, they need to know even though she is already declaring that she stands with Minji. Talking in this level of conversation while driving is also difficult.

 

Both of them are still listening to the younger ones. 

 

“Until when Gahyeon was in hospital, when Gahyeon asked the similar question like what you asked, Unnie.” Yubin glanced back for a brief second at Bora, and made eye contact. “The difference is just back then it was really heated arguing, Gahyeon was over the line when she asked why she can’t do what Minji did.” 

 

“Because it was not that worth it , it was what she answered.” 

 

Yubin doesn’t need to look at how their faces are right now. A faint of “What?” from Bora is told enough of it.  

 

“For the first time when I thought Minji Unnie is fine and good with her life, having a new thing to do, and people around her who will gladly help her…. It hurt my heart when I heard that…” Yubin sighs, she really needs to take a deep breath. She tightened her grip on the steering wheel. “And when she can’t hold the anger and let it out in front of us, we all who are in the room are shocked to see the vulnerable Minji is. For the first time, we know she’s not that strong like what we always thought. She’s fragile inside, Minji Unnie… she's.....lonely...” 

 

The tension inside the car becomes so solemn. Yubin talked too much, it’s such a rare thing she did. 

 

Not to mention she’s already taking a side, Yubin is helping Minji from now on. Support her as much as she can do. Even for just running an errand like tonight, become a driver for two people she cares for. Though for Yubin, she’s not sure the idea of them joining the company will make it better or worse. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter