Yubin, Gahyeon - it's getting better

alongside of the emptiness, wandering, hoping there is still a place for visit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days after the whole event on MJ Entertainment about Bora and Siyeon signing with them and also about people catching Gahyeon in the public, MJ Entertainment turned in their normal days. Though a lot of things still need to be taken care of since then. They already identified who threatened Bora and Siyeon, it was like what Bora told her lead with the detective to the team, it’s Jinwoo, the photographer that Bora once had to work with but she canceled it because of his behavior on the set. It became news and everyone knew it now and they will process him in the court. The lawyer did a good job to put him in jail and with a lot of fine. 

 

The next day after that the media became aware of Gahyeon being caught in the public eye. They put a lot of headlines and some people demand the information, though mostly of them asking about the comeback. 

 

Minji put this on Yubin since she would take care of other things. So Yubin asked Gahyeon how to put this in public since she knew all the story of it when Gahyeon told her the night of the day happened. 

 

“Just say I went for my friend who needed to cheer up because of her bad day or something.” It referred to Gahyeon hugging the person who cried on her that people took pictures of it. “I think some people already noticed it was Choi Yewon since she has quite a big name there.” 

 

“And how about…. the comeback?” Yubin asked carefully, she didn’t know Gahyeon's decision. 

 

“I-I haven’t decided it.” Yubin heard the sigh coming from Gahyeon before answering her question. Guess it still takes a lot of time to think. 

 

“Ok, I will just put the default sentence that we prepared then. Don’t forget your lunch! Call me if you need something or inform me if you are going somewhere, not like the last time.” 

 

“Yes ma’am.”

 

Yubin ended the call, sometimes Gahyeon can be quite a handful to take care of but still it’s nothing for her. She already decided to do her best to protect the younger. 

 

When Yubin walked to the PR team to inform them about Gahyeon situation, she saw Bora walking towards her. Jump and hug her, if Yubin didn’t prepare she should be already on the floor. 

 

Yubin still didn’t understand how the small figure can be that strong, must be from her dance routine. 

 

“You came alone, Unnie?” Bora just nodded. “Is there anything you want that you came today?” another question from Yubin.

 

“Is Minji in her office?” 

 

“No, she went out with Jinsol.” 

 

Yubin can see Bora’s facial expression change after listening to that. Seems she expected that she could meet her or talk to her. 

 

“You know that you can call her, Unnie.” 

 

“I tried.” Bora pouting her lips. “She didn’t answer it and just left me a text that she’s busy the next hour.” 

 

Yes, Minji was quite busy after the whole thing happened, she worked extra behind the papers. Tracking the loss money because the investors pulled back their support. Yubin saw that Minji was still working while Yubin went to Gahyeon’s place. She worried if she was overworking, but then Jinsol was there the entire time. Yubin trusts her to take care of Minji. 

 

Though, she has suspicion that Minji kinda avoids them with the excuse of being busy. Bora must have felt like that, so Yubin just hopes Minji is really busy. 

 

“You can wait here, Unnie. I think she’s not going out that long, it must be just about lunch meeting thingy.” Yubin suggested Bora to wait for Minji in the company if she really wants to meet her. 

 

“But I don’t want to be alone here. Can I go with you? Where are you going?” 

 

Fair enough, thought Yubin. She’s new here, Yubin thinks this is her second time in the company too. She hasn't adapted in the company environment even though she’s that big star in this building right now. It should be fine though if she’s alone, everyone in this company will treat or accompany her well. Minji makes sure of that before they sign with the company, telling all people to treat her well. 

 

That also includes Yubin. 

 

“I just want to report something to the PR team. Do you want me to take you to the practice room? Sooyoung is in there, I can introduce you to her.” 

 

“Do you mean the great Ha Sooyoung?” 

 

“Hmm… not sure about the great one, but yeah it’s Ha Sooyoung. The leader of the MJ Dance team.” Yubin just chuckled at the nickname of Sooyoung, doesn’t know where that comes from but I guess she’s really that great. 

 

Yubin knew that Sooyoung is quite famous, she’s in the first generation of the MJ Dance team with names like Seulgi, Momo, Eunbi, and Seungyeon. Beside Gahyeon, the five of them also help how MJ Entertainment became this big. One by one they became famous and at a certain time they also left because of more opportunity. 

 

Only Sooyoung, from the great first generation that stayed at MJ Dance team, became a leader, the icon, the face of the team. That made people recognise her more, invited her here and there, became a back dancer for several groups and such. She even choreographed Moonlite's debut. 

 

“Surprisingly i haven’t met her aside from her title and going to some music shows with other artists.” 

 

Bora followed Yubin from behind after she agreed to go with her. 

 

“She was even hired by Siyeon’s company before but she didn’t even meet her.”

 

“You are both just busy and unlucky.”

 

Walking to the PR section office filled by Bora asking about the building here. Yubin pointed some areas to Bora to learn like the room cubicles for any artist to spend their time privately. The small recording studio that Yubin sometimes spent her time there. 

 

When they arrived at the office section, the employees were surprised at the sight of Bora. They greeted her warmly, some of them bowed to her as a formal greeting. Yubin glanced at her that received their greeting and told them to be more casual around her next time. 

 

Yubin walked to Yoomi’s desk to informed about Gahyeon’s situation. Discussing some sentences that they will release to the public. 

 

“Send it to me when it’s done, I will check it to give permission to release it.” 

 

Bora is already beside her when she’s done discussing it. She’s thanking the PR team for their hard work last time about her and Siyeon. After that, they bid farewell to them and walked out of the office. 

 

“So that girl in the picture online is her ex i guess?” 

 

Yubin glanced at Bora and guessed that she heard what Yubin and Yoomi discussed. The pictures that most people talked about on the internet. Public with their interest kinda catching and relating her to a certain situation which is Bora and Siyeon. People just assume that she and Yewon are dating and such, make their own narration. 

 

Yubin kinda worried about that, because she didn’t know how Gahyeon take about it in that narration. While to a certain degree they were not wrong completely, they were dating, having quite a painful break up. 

 

“She called her “Friend” now.” 

 

“How is she doing now?” asked Bora carefully, the worried tone slipped with the question. 

 

Yubin just let breath out, sighed. It’s not like a bad thing happened at Gahyeon but how she’s really worried about the younger. “Beside still hasn't decided what she wants, she’s doing fine. Like really fine, perhaps the consulting session is helping her so much even though just having two-three appointments so far?” 

 

“Minji really offered her the time even when this situation happened, huh?” 

 

The tone is more different than the conversation they had at the car before. This time is genuinely curious and a little bit worried. Which everyone at the company did. 

 

“Yeah, especially when the company lost so much money and she can just ask Gahyeon to release the initial album with the promotion. But she didn’t, she really kept her word.” 

 

Though Yubin suddenly felt something off, she didn’t realize that she just gave Bora the company status situation that should be confidential. When it hit her through her brain, she looked at Bora horror. 

 

Bora on the other hand just acknowledged that their arrival at this company brings misfortunes. She can’t deny it, she knew it, she admitted, but to know at a certain level, she felt guilty about it. 

 

“That is so confidential that I should not say it,” said Yubin, explaining like Bora should not hear that.

 

“It’s okay, I’m not stupid. It was already a risk, I knew it.” 

 

It seems also Minji was aware of the risk that comes with this all. She works almost non stop after just to bring her company to the normal state at least. Not in a dire edge situation, not when the company just debuted a group. A lot of things that really need to care about. 

 

“Please talk to her sense, sometimes she overworks herself,” begged Yubin to Bora. She rarely does this, begging, but she’s really worried about Minji. When the older one didn't really open up to her, so the bigger chance than herself is someone that is really important to Minji. 

 

Bora and Siyeon. 

 

“I’ll try.” Bora replied and made sure the younger one really focused on her work rather than handle her boss and friend. 

 

Yubin checked the practice room from outside before knocking the door and entered. The blazing music that could be heard from outside became clear and loud when both of them entered the room. They saw a glimpse of Sooyoung correcting some dancers' moves from behind while looking at their reflection in the mirror. Until she caught their presence in the room and waved her hand to cut off the music. 

 

The dancers who focused on their moves just now noticed the arrival of both of them. They greeted them, especially towards Bora. After that Sooyoung announced the break time that made dancers go to take their water to dehydrate themselves. 

 

Sooyoung walked closer towards Yubin and Bora, she smiled towards Yubin before doing a formal greeting to Bora. 

 

“We don’t disturb the practice, right?” asked Yubin. 

 

“No-no, we just chill brainstorming, find new moves and blocking.” 

 

“Good then, I’m here to bring this Unnie here and introduce her to you while waiting for Minji Unnie back from her business.” 

 

“Please take care of me,” said Bora with a little bowing. 

 

“I heard already from Minji Unnie. We are grateful to have you on the team but I don’t know until what certain level you want to be involved on the team.”

 

“What do you mean?” asked Bora, her tone sounding defensive enough. 

 

“No-no, don’t get me wrong,” said Sooyoung while smiling softly. “Minji Unnie didn’t tell me any details about your role on the team. I just don’t know how to fit you into the team. With your talents and experience, you are supposed to be in my position here. Lead the team, which I don't mind if you take that role either.” 

 

This is one of the reasons why Yubin really likes Sooyoung. She can be really honest with the person she just met. The first time she met Sooyoung all she said was how cool Yubin is and such a waste that someone cool like Yubin just became a manager. 

 

“I…” Bora can’t really respond to her. 

 

“It’s okay if you are not ready yet. We always welcome anyone here, though i was thinking that you can be like an advisor, a director? You know someone that controls everything like Minji on their artists.” 

 

Sooyoung looked at the dance team, smiled at the sight of it.

 

“We are here kinda free without Minji looking after us, except when it comes to the artists. No limit, but sometimes that can be difficult, someone needs to put the limit sometimes, so far it’s on me.” 

 

“But my ego always clashes with them,” continued Sooyoung while turning to look at Bora. “With someone in this position, I get clouded by it sometimes. Some of them are understanding when I speak about this. But some of them are not really.”

 

Bora listened intently whatever this was that Yubin didn’t expect that it went so deep. Does Jinsol know this? Or even Minji? The dance team had their own problem with it. Clearly Sooyoung really tries hard to keep this team together, she clearly looks at the team with adoration and love. She even smiles while talking the of her. 

 

This makes Yubin have more respect at Sooyoung. 

 

“They are good people,” said Sooyoung, looking at the team again. “I don’t want to hurt them but at the same time I don't want to be hurted too. Selfish right?”

 

Yubin wanted to answer that but Sooyoung already continued her words. 

 

“I need someone above me that keeps me grounded like what Minji did but it’s directly to the team instead. You are the perfect person to do that.” 

 

When Sooyoung turned at them, she just smiled, especially towards Bora. Hoping that she will consider the role that Sooyoung mentioned. The director of the MJ Dance Team. 

 

“Sorry that I talked too much, you probably won’t hear that either.” 

 

“No-no, I listened to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter