Minji - mixed feeling

alongside of the emptiness, wandering, hoping there is still a place for visit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonlite is finally debuting. Minji monitors everything from the start to this point where everyone is busy at the backstage. Some of them are nervous even for the staff and manager. Everyone looks at her now, Minji just looks at her employee and the kids she really adores. They already practice hard for all this time, the debut. It reminds her about herself at the Florals years ago. 

 

The environment is quite the same as years ago. The difference is that Minji is the one who gives some words to them. 

 

“I know what you all feel right now, the nervousness, the excitement, even about thinking that if this is the right path that you go or not.” Minji starts with her words to them and still looks at the Moonlite members. “You are in here already the achievement, don’t forget about all your hard work.” 

 

“Don’t worry about making a mistake on the stage. It’s all part of the process, the learning. Just enjoy it, having fun on the stage while performing. It must be soon to say but I am already proud of you all. The staff and manager and all the people behind all of these. And especially to all Moonlite members.” Minji smiles at Yerim while trying to hold back her tears.

 

“It’s not the time to cry, Yerim.” 

 

Everybody chuckles at her while Minji like that, making her pout. Cute. 

 

“Thank you for all support for Moonlite,” said Minji to her employees and other people who helped them. “Let’s have fun today!” 

 

After that they shouted fighting spirit. The members slowly walked to the stage of the media showcase. Minji stares at their back, it reminds her about the first time she saw Gahyeon walk to the very same stage at her debut. The first artist on MJ Ent and now the Moonlite, the company has already grown to what she dreams about. 

 

Minji monitors them at the side of the stage. Yerim sometimes glances at her, Minji just smiles at her and gives silent cheers. They perform, are very passionate, everything is great. They finish it with a great job, clean, nothing mistakes happen. Minji prouds of them. 

 

Now it’s time for the Q&A session, though something it felt wrong. The reporters at their spot are discussing more with each other. Trying to seek something from each other's media outlet. Some of them look at their phones and spread whatever is there to others. 

 

Jinsol comes from behind, looking annoyed while giving her phone to Minji. Just by reading the headlines, Minji doesn’t need to read the rest of the article. She already knows the narration on that article. She should already expect this will come. 

 

She just walks away angrily. 

 

“Don’t let any questions about me or them come out to the girls! Let the MC know that and control their question just for and about the girls!” said Minji assertively to her secretary. 

 

Minji really tries to hold her anger back. She will go back to the company and try to think the best she can do. 

 

As Jinsol comes back after what she is told to do, they go out of the building which already many remain reporters and spot her. They swarmed her with the questions but Minji just closed and still controlled her anger. Jinsol who had the hard work to let those reporters away with the help of the security. 

 

At the car she just let the curse out by that makes Jinsol startled. 

 

Today is for Moonlite's debut, why? Minji really can’t think clearly right now. She questions herself that she should expect this coming. But this is the worst. 

 

Outside of the company building there are already some reporters there. Minji still zips and controls her anger because of all the whole questions she listens to from them. Minji goes to her office followed by Jinsol and some from her team that are already waiting, the one who knows all of these. 

 

“Who the stained our girls’ debut with this?” Minji let her anger out, the one she held them back from the showcase. “I should know this will come, but not on the Moonlite’s debut day.” 

 

“This can’t be prevented if we know it will happen today,” said Yubin. 

 

“It’s not aiming for them anymore, someone put the sword on our neck here. I felt bad for the girls, it was supposed to be their spotlights.” Minji covers her face with her hands, she’s angry that didn’t know what to do. She wanted to cry out of it. 

 

Jinsol, Yubin, and others who are in the room just witnessed their boss felt frustrated. Especially Jinsol who has been with her since the beginning, She never seen Minji in this state, this angry, this frustrated. Minji is always cool headed, she almost never let her anger in front of people. This moment, Jinsol really wants to help her, same as all the people in this room. 

 

“Any words from both of them?” asked Minji, who is now massaging her temple. 

 

“We don’t get any words from them, yet.” 

 

“Let’s wait, then. Anything happened on the marketing team?” 

 

“Fortunately nothing but it will soon when we release our statement,” answered the marketing team leader, Soojung. 

 

“Well it’s our chance to shape our company's to be healthier. We don’t let those who can’t with our vision here.” Minji back with her composure, trying to not get angry than she already did in front of her employees. “How’s about the showcase?” 

 

“It can be worse but we handled it till the end. The kids know about the news, they are worried about you,” said Yubin who got a call earlier, it’s from Moonlite staff member that reported the showcase to her as she asked. They finished it earlier than they scheduled. 

 

“Those kids need to worry about themselves. The spotlight they were supposed to get just got robbed by this.” 

 

After that sentence, her telephone in her office rings. Minji walks to her desk and answers the call. 

 

“Yeah, put the line to mine,” said Minji after Sooyeon answered the call from the secretary desk. Minji waits for the line to connect to her phone line.

 

“Minji?” 

 

It’s Siyeon. 

 

“We are sorry, we didn’t know that becoming this bad, it’s not just aiming us but you and your company. We shouldn’t go to you and plan to join your company. You can cancel that if it really makes your company in a bad situation… We are really~” 

 

“Siyeon! Calm! Take a breath!” said Minji, trying to calm Siyeon. 

 

“Are you and Bora okay there?” 

 

“Yeah, we are fine here. I just calmed her anger just now, she’s talking to a private detective that we hired to track this person.” 

 

Minji doesn’t know this, is this really that bad that they even hired a private detective? 

 

“Do you get a clue?” 

 

“Yeah, but it’s too late to silence him now. The only option is that we should catch this person and jail him for blackmailing us.” Minji listens to all that, Siyeon really defeated from her voice. “Unnie, what should we do?” 

 

Siyeon’s voice slightly trembling, it makes Minji feel her pains about this situation. The urge to help them is really rising, Minji doesn’t think anything else even about the past. She really needs to help them. 

 

“Just join us! You have our full support whatever your decision. We have a legal team here if you want a lawyer.” For the very first time Minji was really sure about this decision and assertively said that. 

 

“But this will affect your company.” 

 

“They still keep dragging me to this anyway, it’s inevitable.” 

 

No response, is that too harsh for her to take? But it’s the fact that they will keep dragging me whatever the situation is, making their own narrations because Minji left them. They are not wrong, they love each other and that will never be wrong. Perhaps Minji was making the wrong decision that she left them, she should stay with them, protect them, perhaps if she did that this situation will never happen. 

 

But Minji chose to leave. 

 

With the pieces of her heart. 

 

“It’s me.” Bora. “Let’s put this person behind the bars.” That’s really Bora for you. “You can release the statement about us, it’s okay. It’s not what we wanted this way, but it’s already outed like this.” 

 

“Okay. We can do this as soon as possible. You both can come tonight here to talk about the contract and clauses that you both want to add. Then we process it then tomorrow you can sign them and join us. How is it?” 

 

“Fine with me, Siyeon too.” 

 

“Great, if you need someone to drive, I can send Yubin there. Just give us your contact and address. You know my number.” said Minji.

 

“Minji,” called Bora.

 

“Yeah?” 

 

“Thank you, see you later.” 

 

That’s how she put down the phone. Minji just takes a deep breath after those conversations. There are still people in her office, they listened to what Minji said to both of them. Now they are waiting for any instruction from Minji because they know from what they listened. 

 

"PR team, you can release the statement."

 

"Both of them?" asked Suji from the PR team. 

 

"Yes. Both of them." Both refer to 'joining MJ Ent' and 'their relationship'. 

 

"Jinsol and someone from the legal team will stay tonight." 

 

Minji got the nods from Jinsol. 

 

"Yubin, get ready when I need you." 

 

"Moonlite still goes like what we planned. Nothing will stop them. Sure it will be hard for them, reassure them that we will never stop." 

 

Minji looks at her best people that she picks for this company. 

 

"Do you know what this means right? Be proud of it, we take our stand here. It's not easy but I know we are going to be better. I count this on all of you, we take this together."

 

She trusts them, without them Minji can’t be at this point. This is a new step for the company. She should be ready with everything that will come towards her and the company. 

 

Minji should prepare it. 

 

***

 

“So y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter