Yubin - the goes wrong

alongside of the emptiness, wandering, hoping there is still a place for visit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you work as a producer here?” 

 

That question is really out of nowhere from Siyeon. Yubin walked with Siyeon to the lobby from Minji’s office. She didn’t know that Siyeon came to the company. Yubin heard about them wanting to join the company through Minji, but seems like it will be soon enough than she expected.

 

Then the question… 

 

“No, no. I’m Gahyeon’s manager.” Yubin looks at Siyeon in a questioning look, “Why are you asking that, Unnie?” 

 

Siyeon turns her head, looking at the raising eyebrow of Yubin. When she found what it meant, Siyeon just widened her eyes. 

 

“Ah, we know about your dream. Minji told us after she knew that you’re part of the staff manager at the company.” 

 

Yubin still remembers how it was. It was around her college, when she'd already given up on auditioning. She needed money at the time, she worked part time and etc, until she realized it would be nice to work at an entertainment company. 

 

At first she was just curious about how it works around that showbiz thing. Who knows she can get an opportunity to give her lyrics or demo like what she dreams. Become a singer-songwriter, lyricist, composer, one of them. Just innocent thoughts of the younger yubin. 

 

In reality, it’s not like she expected, but she’s enjoying it. Nothing bad, it's the same as other jobs. 

 

“Do you still remember how she hugged you that you can’t breathe when she met you for the first time at the company? I thought unnie was crazy to hug a stranger like that.” 

 

It was really a moment, Yubin remembered it. 

 

“But now, you are working with Minji unnie, You should bring those your works. She probably loves your works,” said Siyeon while glancing at Yubin.

 

“Actually, before I joined here, she already asked for some of my works, the lyrics. It's supposed to be released….” Yubin doesn’t know what to say there, how to put the nuance of it. Like she should be happy about it, at first yeah, but now…

 

“When will it be released then?” asked Siyeon curiously. 

 

Yubin shrugs off, “Depends on the artist,” answered with such uncertainty. 

 

“What do you mean……… aaah, she doesn’t know then?” Siyeon catches it quite fast there, Yubin impressed by that, she doesn’t need to explain the entire thing. It’s already too much. 

 

“I use a different name.” 

 

Siyeon nodded as she gained the information that she didn’t expect. “Well, I’m sure you will have much work to do, though you can give those your works to me,” Siyeon hugs Yubin’s shoulder, “We can work together.” 

 

That is something she’s not sure about it after this whole situation. For Yubin, everything went wrong when she gave in a try for anything. Like the universe against her or something along that line. 

 

They arrive at the lobby of the building, “Well, since it’s you, please take care of that little kid for me too okay? I trust you, perhaps I will visit her later.” 

 

Yubin processes what Siyeon sayings, She just referred Gahyeon there. “Seems like you close with Gahyeon, Unnie?”

 

“Where do you think I know about Minji Unnie activities, news, conditions, come from?” said Siyeon with a small smile. “We will come here soon, together, and by that we should have nice meals or something, okay?” 

 

It’s so foreign for Yubin when Siyeon used We as she referred to her and Bora. After that Yubin sends her off near her car, trying to see around the building that there aren't any people who recognize her or such fans. Though Siyeon just said about nothing to worry about it, she is basically open to the public, without any cover like mask, hat, or sunglasses. 

 

Yubin went back to the building, walked to Minji's office. Asked if she needed something from her after she talked a little about Siyeon, Sua, and Gahyeon. After that, she went back to her desk to take something that she needed for work.

 

After minutes, Yubin’s phone rings, she checks the caller, Lee Gahyeon. 

 

“Where are you, Unnie?” asked Gahyeon on the other line, sounded like she just woke up from her nap time and upset to see nothing but herself alone. 

 

For someone who just knew a person several days ago, Gahyeon is really friendly and listens to Yubin well. She doesn’t whine about meals that she made or bought. She doesn’t act at Yubin like she’s an artist and Yubin is her manager. She doesn’t ask or demand much at all, the one and only she asks about she sleeps at the spare room. 

 

“At the company, do you need something?” 

 

“No-no, I just wondered where you are. Something happened at the company?” 

 

“Just take some kinda paperwork from the other team.” Yubin suddenly remembered the conversation with Minji. About making Gahyeon going out for meals outside her place. “Hey, how about we have a dinner outside? It’s my treat.” 

 

“Eh? Out of sudden?” 

 

“Yeah, why not? What do you want, bossam? samgyeopsal?” 

 

“Sure, text me when you are back, I will get ready,” said Gahyeon though she doesn’t answer what she wants. 

 

That’s quite easy, thought Yubin. “Well, I’m done here, you can get ready now.” 

 

“Noooo~ I’m still sleepy.” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter