Gahyeon - It crumbles

alongside of the emptiness, wandering, hoping there is still a place for visit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thank you for the hard work,” said Gahyeon repeatedly to the staffs who worked on her upcoming comeback.

 

She just finished recording a music video, she’s awake for 24 hours now, she’s tired but needs to put that smile to the staffs. At her best to not looks tired, she finished changing to her casual outfit, ready to back to the company.

 

Her boss said there is something she wants to tell.

 

“Do you know what she wants to talk, Oppa?” asked Gahyeon when she sat on her van, resting her eyes during the road to the company.

 

“Umm, I think I know since I heard a rumor,” answered her manager.

 

“A rumor?”

 

“New kids will debut, I might take care of them and I assume you will get a new manager.”

 

Gahyeon heard the rumor of the new kids who will debut as a group. She sometimes visited the trainees when she had time. Treat them some snacks after the practice while listened to their worries and give her answers as she could.

 

As the senior who already in the industry for five years now, Gahyeon felt it’s her responsible too to take care of her junior of the company.

 

But recently she couldn’t think right even to worry about her junior.

 

“Don’t worry, I think your new manager will be nice.” Gahyeon snapped and looked at her manager on his steer wheel. Kinda had a worried gaze. “If I'm not wrong she’s around your age too. I think it will be more comfortable than me.”

 

“You know a lot, Oppa, I'm surprised,” chuckled Gahyeon and tried to take a nap.

 

When she arrived at the company building, she greeted by several staff and trainees. Even she’s tired, Gahyeon tried to be nice as she can. Not showing her tiredness at them, it gonna put their energy down, it what she believed.

 

Gahyeon followed her manager to the boss’ office. Her manager will wait further notice outside the room. When she enters she found another person there than her boss.

 

“There you are, how’s the mv recording? I’m sorry that I call you here after it, you must be tired. Tea?”

 

Kim Minji, the one and only founder and CEO of MJ Entertainment, a former idol, and the whole high profile of her offered a tea for Gahyeon. She didn’t let Gahyeon answers and put a cup of tea she made it on the table front of Gahyeon’s seat.

 

“You can relax, Gahyeon, She will work for you.”

 

By that, Gahyeon put her smile off from her face and sit more comfortably. Like she melted on her seat, doesn’t care about the other eyes see her like that.

 

“Sorry Unnie, I’m really tired. And you…” Gahyeon glanced at the other person, “I’m sorry if the first impression of me is this bad, you should get to use of it if Unnie makes you work for me.”

 

Minji always talks with her artists and trainees she managed at her company. She knew what Gahyeon is going through recently. She understands it because she already had tasted in her place before. Gahyeon glad that she signed with MJ Entertainment.

 

“Ah, so you know she’s gonna be your manager?”

 

“Oppa told me his hunch. Pretty accurate.” Now Gahyeon tried to sit properly to reach her tea. She needs something that can fresh her body.

 

Gahyeon glances at the other person again while sips her tea. She kinda not reacts to how Gahyeon did.

 

“You don’t need to worry about your close-non-public-images. I’m Lee Yubin, please go easy on me,” said Lee Yubin when stood up and bowed at Gahyeon.

 

“Don’t need to be so formal with me.” Gahyeon gestured her hand to makes her sit down again.

 

“So, let’s jump to the main course. You can just listen to us or perhaps just take a nap then.”

 

“I can try to be pro here, Unnie.”

 

“Sure.”

 

Minji talked about the schedules of Gahyeon for this upcoming comeback. Tried to tell the manager what she could do or not, how to manage some fans, and such. She’s not alone, she got help with the other staff who still works with Gahyeon too, but she managed as the main manager of her.

 

Gahyeon listens intently until her eyes felt heavy and close them.

 

She opened her eyes when Minji called her name and found out her boss’ smile at her.

 

“You should sleep in your place. Yubin already waits for you, she will be driving you home.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter