Gahyeon - smile face

alongside of the emptiness, wandering, hoping there is still a place for visit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first thing Gahyeon sees when she opens her eyes is the same ceiling that has been quite foreign for her recently. It’s not only the ceiling but the whole thing in this room. She is just in this room when it’s night time for sleep. She can’t sleep in her room anymore because the whole thing happened there always on her mind. She even doesn’t want to know and think about it.

 

It’s too much.

 

Then, Gahyeon felt guilty towards her manager, Yubin. This room supposedly is for her, but since Gahyeon always sleeps in this room, Yubin always sleeps on the sofa. Though Gahyeon already told her to use her room instead, she doesn’t.

 

Her manager is that kind person. She seems to know all things. Gahyeon even doesn’t expect that Yubin can cook. Yesterday she even didn’t ask anything about Yewon, respect her privacy. She’s such a cool person in every angle.

 

Then, she can do more than being a manager.

 

Gahyeon sees her right side, minutes ago there was her manager there. Slept beside her. Last night was such an event, it was a nightmare. She didn’t remember what it was, but the last thing she remembered was that she woke up with a scream and bullets of sweat. Yubin came to calm her down, another thing that makes her manager a cool person. Gahyeon asked her to stay, last night she didn’t want to be alone.

 

She felt lonely.

 

Though, she felt differently since Yubin is around her. Especially since she lived here. Perhaps that is a part why she accepted Minji’s request to put Yubin live with her. She doesn’t want to be lonely. 

 

Knocks from the door, Gahyeon catches Yubin’s head and peeks out. 

 

“You are awake already. Did you sleep well?” asked her manager while entering the room, walking closer to the bed. 

 

To answer that, Gahyeon only nods her head. It is strange that she slept really deep after Yubin calmed her down. It is really a nice sleep in a while. 

 

“I worried that you would get cold, you were sweating last night.” Yubin put her palm on Gahyeon’s forehead, checking her body temperature. 

 

On the other hand, Gahyeon can’t do anything besides look at her manager's worried eyes.

 

“Unnie.”

 

“Uhmm.”

 

“Too close,” said Gahyeon while looking away from her manager. 

 

“Ah, Sorry.” 

 

Now Gahyeon glanced at Yubin while she distanced herself. Looking at how flustered her manager, makes her smile. It really changed her moods, slightly. The morning she had usually been so awful, but now it’s so light and warm. Perhaps she just had a nice sleep, but still it was because of Yubin too. 

 

But, Gahyeon felt sorry. Yubin deserves better than just taking care of her. At some point it will be a burden on her too. 

 

Her whole situation already became a burden, she remembered what Minji said to her in the office. That the company will keep her even if she's not sure about her decision and not going to the stage. She’s a burden to the company. One of the biggest main source profits that probably can do many things for the trainees and other artists. 

 

“You’re thinking too much in the morning, I made breakfast.” Gahyeon looks at Yubin who is already walking to the door. 

 

Gahyeon followed her and saw the table in the living room already filled with bean sprouts soup, egg roll, sausage, and more side dishes. She’s grateful that these days she ate decent meals. Her manager really took care well. 

 

Then she just realized something. 

 

“Unnie, yesterday…. I’m really sorry. I shouldn’t say something like that while you are always nice to me…. I-....” 

 

Gahyeon glanced at Yubin when she didn't know what to say anymore. 

 

Ah, she’s smiling. 

 

It’s been a while, Gahyeon wants to cry because of a really genuine and warm smile again. It reminds her when Minji smiled at her and Gahyeon just shed her tears from it. It was when Minji asked her to join with her to make an entertainment company. 

 

She was younger back then, still in school, dreaming about being a singer, an idol. She practiced hard here and there. Joined some dance crews, honing her skill. Took an audition here and there but no result. No one is looking for her, there is always someone better than her. 

 

One day she met Minji at an audition. They took Minji and left Gahyeon, it was something the last effort Gahyeon did but still there is someone better than her. She was younger but the desperation consumed her.  Then Minji came to her to cheer her up after failing an audition. The highschooler Gahyeon didn’t take that well. 

 

Then time flew fast, three years later she worked as a part timer at some cafe. After graduating, she gave up the dream, her dream. That was the time when Minji came to the cafe she worked at, offering the opportunity, the dream she had before. 

 

She asked why? Why her after the whole failure going to her dream? She couldn’t understand it before. 

 

Minji just answered the simple thing she said and smiled at her. 

 

“Because I saw you before, I know you are good.” 

 

That was when she shed the tears. After the whole time someone said that to her. Recognised something she wants people to acknowledge. That time she trusts Minji with the whole life she has and helps her go through all her visions. She owed Minji so much that change her life to this point. 

 

“It’s okay, something always happens like that. And you also felt sorry about it, as long as you know and realize your mistake. Well, it’s part of my mistake too because I don't know the person and almost let her come in.” 

 

“No-no! it’s not your fault, Unnie. I- Yeah, I’m sorry.” 

 

“Yeah-yeah, i take your sorry,” the manager chuckled at her. “Now, please eat your breakfast!” 

 

Gahyeon takes the eggroll and puts it on . It is delicious, her manager cooks good meals. 

 

“You don’t ask about yesterday?” asked Gahyeon. It is on her mind that why her manager didn’t ask about yesterday. 

 

“No, it’s your privacy and the reaction you did it said that i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter