Gahyeon, Minji - everything will be alright

alongside of the emptiness, wandering, hoping there is still a place for visit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gahyeon poses in front of the cameras after she arrives at the broadcasting station. She introduced herself before posing for them. It’s her debut music show stage, she didn’t expect that there will be many media that will be interested in her first music show. There are several other artist’s fans that are ready to see their favorite artists, some of them have placards on their hands. Some of them with their cameras too.

 

“Gahyeon, how do you feel about your first music show?” 

 

“Who do you want to see in the greenroom? There is another soloist than you today.” 

 

Many quick questions from the media, Minji told her not to be nervous in front of them. She should answer their questions politely and just be yourself. 

 

“I’m nervous since I will perform live today on tv. And there are many sunbaenims that I listen to their songs today. I’m excited to see them and give them my single.” 

 

She poses to another section from her left, then she sees her, she poses to her camera directly and smiles. Someone from tv told her that she can go now, because the other artist already arrived. Gahyeon glances at the entrance gate. 

 

Media already put away their camera towards Gahyeon and took pictures of the artist they were excited about. Fans already call the artist's name loudly, it’s so different compared to the new artist like Gahyeon. But there is one camera that still follows her and takes pictures of Gahyeon. 

 

Gahyeon waves to the camera and smiles, hoping her thankfulness to someone behind that camera. 

 

“Do you know which media is still taking pictures of me there, Unnie?” Gahyeon asked her manager who walked beside her. 

 

The manager checked who Gahyeon talked about. “Hmm, no idea if it’s Media or fans.” Gahyeon nods and glances at her once again before going inside the building. “Why? Is that bothering you?” 

 

“No. It's the opposite.” 

 

Everything is going fine, during rehearsal she got compliments by PD and Cameraman. Gahyeon is now busy introducing herself to other artists who are all her seniors. It’s getting there, just one last door. Her manager beside her already knocked on the door. Someone inside told them to come. 

 

By then it’s Gahyeon que to go inside and introduce herself. 

 

Gahyeon bows in a proper way to her senior and says her name loudly and cheerful. “My name is Lee Gahyeon, I just debuted yesterday, nice to meet you sunbaenim.” She stretched her album towards her seniors. 

 

“Ah, Gahyeon-ssi. I know, I know. I heard your song already, it’s nice,” said the senior who took an album from Gahyeon’s hand. 

 

“A-a-h Th-thank you so much. I- I also listen to your songs.” Gahyeon stuttered in front of her sunbae who complimented her song. 

 

“Oh really? I’m glad that you listen to them. I don’t expect that you will come here though. Is your boss in here?” 

 

Gahyeon already expected something like this to happen in her possible scenario. Since the person in front of her is Lee Siyeon, one of Florals’ members, the one that is her boss in it too. Gahyeon knew that she would ask about her boss, since their relationship is kinda messy after her boss left them. 

 

“No, she’s not here.” 

 

“Just like what I expected. Someone like her who ran away and left the group will surely not come here, right? Must be afraid of coming to the broadcast station anyway, she’s not a fan of the media right?” 

 

Gahyeon balled her fists to resist something that was burning up her body from what her senior said there. She’s mad inside. 

 

“She’s busy with people who are auditioning at our company,” said Gahyeon, trying to soften her voice but it turned weird. 

 

Siyeon stares at her, smirks. She stands up from her seat and walks closer to Gahyeon. 

 

“You are angry, right? I can speak ill or rant about her all day, you know. You can slap or punch me if you are angry about that. Come on, I'll let you hit me.” 

 

Some people who are in the room kinda want to stop Siyeon but with her hand in the air, those people stop. Fear of Siyeon. Gahyeon doesn’t really expect this certain situation, she thought Siyeon is not this kind of person. Seems she’s wrong with it. 

 

So the only thing she can do is stare back, sharply that wish can intimidate her senior in a way. 

 

But Siyeon laughs after.

 

“Seems like she taught you well.” said Siyeon softly just now, it is different from just seconds ago who was really intimidating and not really kind at all. “You have a great attitude in industry, Gahyeon.  If you want to survive, you should do what you did before. Don’t anger consume you, even if it consumes you, make sure it’s in the right place. Know your place. Though I suggest you do not make enemies with high and powerful people.” 

 

Gahyeon’s anger is slowly fading by how soft Siyeon looks at her, her voice also soothing when said that. Though She’s still confused, what is happening right now? 

 

“You scare her and your new staff.” Gahyeon looks at the person behind who just woke up. Bora. 

 

Gahyeon greets her clearly and loudly. 

 

“Yeah, yeah, I heard it already before. Damn, it reminds me when we are rookie, we look and sound like her. A new artist's attitude.” Bora looks so tiny in her oversized hoodie. Gahyeon thinking how tall she is, same as hers? “And your acting is really scaring me too.” 

 

Now both of them are arguing about why Bora is still in there. Gahyeon felt that she should not be in there, she needed to go. 

 

“Hmm, Sunbaenims, I think I need to go now.” Not sure if it's perfect timing or not, but she should do it. 

 

“Ah, yeah. Sure, but wait a second,” said Siyeon, then she talked to her staff who were near her. The person brings her something. Albums. “This one for you,” said Siyeon after making sure to mark the album with her lips. “This one is for your boss.” 

 

Gahyeon takes both the albums from her. She looks briefly. 

 

“Thank you so much, I will give it to her.” 

 

“Sure-sure. I’m sorry that I scared you before, not all people like that, so just be careful.” 

 

Gahyeon nods, and she says goodbye to both of them. Though Siyeon walks her outside the room. Gahyeon’s staff team was surprised to see her, Siyeon even told them to take care of Gahyeon properly. When Gahyeon’s staff start to walk, Siyeon stops Gahyeon. 

 

“You can access your phone, right? She’s not restricting it?” 

 

“Ah yeah, I can, though my phone is on my manager.” Gahyeon thinks that Siyeon wants to exchange phone numbers. 

 

“Great, call me or text me if you need something, or when someone is bothering you, or just want to talk about anything.”

 

Gahyeon widens her eyes, but she doesn’t have Siyeon’s number, so when she wants to ask for it, Siyeon already pointed to the album that Gahyeon holds. Gahyeon let the acclamation word out, and she smiled. 

 

“Thank you so much, I will.” 

 

Then Gahyeon waves at her while walking to her greenroom. Siyeon waves back at her. Gahyeon really thinks that her senior is really cool just now. Like she can depend on her, befriend her too. Not sure if her boss will like it or not. 

 

Then through the promotion, Siyeon, who was the one, tried to get close with Gahyeon. The younger one was happy that a big senior like Siyeon spent her time with her. It’s not only Gahyeon, rumors said that Siyeon always treats her juniors very well, she’s welcoming all of them. 

 

But yeah, Gahyeon knew there was another intention that Siyeon got close to her. The one that is closer to her than other people. An info access about her boss, Minji. Though Siyeon is not that desperate at it, she has other channels to get that information. By information, it was just asking how Minji is doing lately and such little trivia. 

 

Minji awared that Gahyeon sometimes meetups with Siyeon, sometimes she brought Bora along with her. Gahyeon knew that her manager always told her in a way, since Gahyeon needed permission first from the manager when going somewhere or meeting someone. In fact, it was Minji’s permission all along.

 

Gahyeon once asked about it. 

 

“Why do you think that I hate them that you can’t meet and befriend them? I don’t hate them, Gahyeon.” 

 

If it is like that, there is no reason for Minji to forbid her to befriend them. It is actually good too that Siyeon and Bora are really well known and Gahyeon can get advice from them. Minji told her those good points from it, Gahyeon can really understand a bit. 

 

“I even let you meet someone and date or have some. Why should I don’t let you befriend them? So it’s okay, I don’t really take that to personal. If you think that there is some hate in play between us, it should be from them. They are the one that must hate me.” 

 

When Gahyeon wanted to say, Minji already changed the topic. There was a sadness in her tone towards the end of the sentence just now. Then Gahyeon just focused on the next topic about last week of the promotion. 

 

It was good, she had many fansigns through this promotion. The fans themselves are quite a good number for new artists. It was the last fansigns, she had a lot of fun talking and interacting with her fans. The word fans itself still amazes Gahyeon, like those people like her and her songs are still a new experience for her. She still can’t believe it sometimes. 

 

Then this person showed up in front of her, sat in front of her with Gahyeon’s album in her hand. 

 

“Hey, glad that you come here,” said Gahyeon, taking the album from her. 

 

“You know me?” 

 

“Besides that you sometimes take my pictures in my promotion schedules, nope. What is your name?” Gahyeon started to sign the album while sometimes glancing at the person in front of her. Waiting for her name.

 

“Yewon. Choi Yewon.” 

 

“Choi Yewon, pretty name,” repeated Gahyeon while writing the name on the album. “You use informal language with me, so you must be the same age?” Gahyeon puts the marker and looks at Yewon. 

 

“Yeah.” 

 

“Great to know. Are you my fans or just someone who takes idols' pictures?” asked Gahyeon curiously. 

 

“Well, yup I took other idols’ pictures. Though I like your song, I listen to it everyday. Buy your albums and go to this fansign too. Is it counted as your fans?”

 

The way Yewon stuttered in between her words looks so cute and somehow charming with that cool aura on her. Gahyeon smiled at it, Yewon smiled back, beautiful, thought Gahyeon. 

 

“I guess it counts,” suddenly Gahyeon lost her words. 

 

“I’m actually a freelance photographer. I tend to take idols’ pictures for my portfolio.”

 

“Really? You like to take photos of people then? Did you take a picture for a magazine or something?” asked Gahyeon, still looking at those eyes who sparkled a little bit when talking about her job. 

 

“Sometimes, but it’s just small gigs or even weddings too. Though, I like doing it.” 

 

“That’s good to hear. As long as you are happy doing what you did there, I will always cheer on my fans who are hardworking people,” said Gahyeon, sincerely. She loves when her fans tell her about their works and such, even cheer them up when they are down sometimes. But most already cheered by listening to her songs, it’s even better. Gahyeon wants her song to do something to people who listen to it. 

 

Want her songs to heal people or give them strength just by listening to them. 

 

Yewon smiles. “I feel like I really need that, thank you.” 

 

Time is really faster this time, Gahyeon wondered. The staff already told that Yewon’s time is up, and there is already a new fan waiting from the side. Gahyeon gives the album that she signed to the owner of it. 

 

At this point, Gahyeon wants the time to stop or slower like one second equal to one hour or something like that. She just wants to talk more with her, looking at how pretty her smile is. She probably won’t get bored by it. 

 

But reality is betraying her nonsense thoughts. 

 

And the reality hit her, to wake up, literally wake up. 


 

Gahyeon opens her eyes, the ceiling still in the same distance from her. The warmth from beside her is gone. She covers her face with her arm, trying to really fully awake. 

 

“Don’t know if it’s a good dream or damn nightmare,” said Gahyeon to no one else, just her. Sighing of the realization that she just dreamt about Yewon. 

 

She checks the phone, just to see the clock. Still not late for breakfast apparently though somehow she felt not wanting to eat after that dream. But her manager must have already prepared it in the kitchen. 

 

Her manager must be already in the company, it’s quite a big day and much of the public pay attention to it. She’s also part of their journey and else she should be there for Minji too. Her boss really decided what people didn't expect, even for her case too. 

 

Minji, she’s too kind, too good. Most people around her are worried that people will take advantage of that side of her. But like people can misjudge it, Minji is smart. Smarter than her. 

 

Though this one is quite a big decision. 

 

People out there, the public still with their interpretation from years ago. Now people will talk about it again, asking the question again. For several years they have not heard anything about them in a group, Minji is always hiding from the media too, it will make people pay attention to it. 

 

Florals finally is back

 

After years with no news, Minji steps up to help her former members. 

 

In years, Fans will take this as great news. 

 

Florals comeback?? MJ Ent will have a press conference later.  

 

Those are the headlines for today at naver, somehow it's trending, people really talk about it. Gahyeon read some of it, with her tired eyes after waking up. After giving up about it she drops her phone on the side. She should get up and fill her empty stomach or else her manager will call her and remind her to eat breakfast. 

 

Gahyeon finally gets up not to forget to bring her phone. She walks to the kitchen and sees some sandwiches already prepared. A nice quick meal that she can make in a hurry because she has to go to work. 

 

She brings a plate and eats them in the living room while switching tv channels. 

 

Not many things are interesting in the morning. Most of it is rerun drama and shows from last night or some news. She even got other news about Florals. Seems people really want them back, it is a great perfect timing if they want to come back. 

 

But sometimes reality is taking a different route. 

 

Like what her doctor, Handong advised yesterday. That’s bugged her a lot since then.

 

.

.

.

 

“You want me to talk to her?” It’s Gahyeon's first question after talking about a certain topic that really stressed her out. 

 

“You said that she’s trying to contact you even today, right?” 

 

Gahyeon just nods, but doesn’t know why she should talk to her, the problem itself. 

 

“Don’t you want to know how this situation happened? Like the whole full picture of it.” 

 

“Is it my fault right? That I can’t keep her?” said Gahyeon quietly but still her doctor could listen to it well. 

 

“What if it’s not that?” 

 

Gahyeon blinks and stares at her doctor, and once she visits this room, she’s asking in her mind why the doctor is pretty. Her hair is blonde, wears glasses that have quite a thick rim on it. Though it is perfect on her face. She can be a model with this look. 

 

“What do you mean?” 

 

“You are blaming this on yourself. It’s really unhealthy when you don’t even know about the other feelings about it. You even can’t pinpoint why it is your fault, a solid proof of it,” said Handong after writing some notes on her book. 

 

“I-....” Gahyeon really can’t speak at that. 

 

She really doesn’t know. It’s all about her assumptions. 

 

“So you should find it, talk to her, ask every question on your mind right now. I know it’s hard to do, your mind should be in peace minded, not thinking about what can hurt you more like blaming yourself.”

 

Really nice points that are never slightly on her mind until speaking with her doctor. 

 

“After that, try to forgive her, and more importantly forgive yourself too.” 

 

.

.

.

 

Gahyeon watches her phone at the coffee table, a new expected notification pops out. It’s been days that Yewon sends text messages. Gahyeon never blocks her number, she just doesn’t open those messages, though she reads it. Everyday it's the same one. 

 

I will wait until you’re ready to talk. I’m sorry. 

 

Is she ready? But since yesterday her doctor's advice kept bugging her. Is she afraid to talk? Afraid that it can break her heart more? Though what’s the point of it when she’s already in this state. Does she really need this? 

 

Her phone’s notification pops out again, it’s another one. 

 

Gahyeon takes it and opens the message, she replies to the message of her manager that reminded her to eat breakfast. 

 

Then she sees the other message, and sees the profile picture of it. What a pretty cute cool face she has. She chuckles about it then doesn’t know why, but she opens the message of it. See all previous unread messages that Yewon sent. 

 

She didn't know what she did, she typed something and sent it to Yewon. A reply, for the first time since she ignored all those messages. 

 

After lunch, Wood Cafe.

 

Gahyeon must be not in her best condition to make a decision like that, now she can’t run away. She should be there, doesn’t know if it’s the right decision or not. If one thing she’s sure about it, her doctor must praise her for doing this. At least that. 

 

***

 

“I read your text message, Gahyeon-ssi.” 

 

Gahyeon just hums in reply while stirring her coffee that just arrived. She doesn’t expect that her doctor, Handong, will call her after Gahyeon told her about this meeting with Yewon. 

 

“We just talked about it yesterday, I don’t expect you will do it on the next day.” 

 

“Me either, Doc.” 

 

“How do you feel?” asked Handong, quite concerned towards her patient. 

 

“Nervous?” 

 

“You seem not sure, but it must be nervous. That’s normal, just remember what I said yesterday okay? Get closure for it, it’s for your peace of mind. If that doesn’t work, I will always help you with it, that’s my job. So don’t mind if anything can go wrong too, but still civilised, you’re meeting in public.” 

 

Somehow Gahyeon finds her doctor cute sometimes, she’s really fun to talk to. It can make you smile in such small things, like how she speaks or when she reassures her calmly while talking to her. As a result she can open up easily with her. Gahyeon was really amazed by that however the skill called. 

 

“Thank you, Doc. I kinda need that,” said Gahyeon and noticed there were people waiting. “I will call you later.” She ended the call without listening to the reply. 

 

Gahyeon looks at the kids, well not really kids, some teenagers she guessed. Kinda shy, standing in respectful distance, bickering something with the phone in their hand. It's a group of three, but seems lively enough to get Gahyeon’s attention. 

 

When one of them makes eye contact with Gahyeon, she smiles. They become more shy, and Gahyeon gestures to them that it’s okay what they want to. So they walk closer with happiness in their faces. 

 

“Can we take pictures?” 

 

It’s been a while since someone asked her to take a picture with them. So she gladly takes pictures with them. She complimented them being cute and shy, they also complimented back. Feels that really foreign to her, it’s really been a while since she encountered her fans. 

 

And with full service, she even gave her signs to them when they asked her. She signed for them and wrote their name on the paper they offered. 

 

“When is the comeback, Unnie?” 

 

Gahyeon stops when she wants to give them her sign. She looks at the one that asked her. She doesn’t know what to answer. 

 

“Yeah, the comeback, we already pre-ordered the album too.”

 

“Hmm, hopefully soon. I still need a little bit of rest and the company is quite busy too right now.” 

 

That’s the only thing that she can say to them, politely. 

 

It isn't on her thoughts before, the thoughts of her fans when she declared to Minji in that hospital. She suddenly felt guilty that she hadn't reached her fans after they “delayed” the comeback. She never touches her SNS since then, she sometimes just lurks on the internet. Have people discussed about her after the delayed news? 

 

Though after this, these three people will probably upload the pictures of them together. At least people will get some “news” from it. 

 

“I see, thank you so much, Unnie. We will wait for the comeback,” said the last one who received her sign. Then they said goodbye to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter