Gahyeon - i just can't

alongside of the emptiness, wandering, hoping there is still a place for visit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Don’t be nervous, it will be fine, okay?” 

 

Gahyeon at the back seat sees the rearview, Yubin glances at her through it. Gahyeon just discharged from the hospital and is already going to the company. Minji said, there’s something she offered from the night she argued with her. And for the very first time, Gahyeon was really feeling scared at her. 

 

And now she’s nervous about the meeting with the boss. 

 

Yubin was always there with Gahyeon, She’s grateful for the presence and the help while in the hospital. Even in a short amount of time, she knew Yubin is a nice person. Without her, Gahyeon probably can’t survive that day. 

 

Throughout the ride to the company, she can’t help to think about how this solves. 

 

She can't go back to the stage. 

 

They arrive, Yubin leads the artist to Minji’s office. Some people in the company asked about Gahyeon, she just answered lightly while smiling at them. Gahyeon even dropped by at the practice room to see Moonlite members who worked hard practicing for the debut. She gave the light cheer up at them. 

 

While in front of Minji’s office door. Gahyeon got more nervous. Yubin just lightly taps at her back to reassure her that it will be fine. 

 

When they came in, the first thing that Gahyeon saw how tired Minji was. 

 

Gahyeon just naturally asks about it on her mind, is she tired because of me? This is also the first time Gahyeon saw Minji in such a tired state. Minji always looks bright and smiles at the employees, trainees, and artists in the company. 

 

When Minji notices both of them, she automatically turns to that Minji who Gahyeon knew, bright and smiling. 

 

Sure it makes Gahyeon less nervous a little bit. 

 

Still thinking about Minji on her mind. 

 

“So, what do you want Gahyeon,” asked Minji seriously after Gahyeon sat on her seat in front of Minji. Yubin just sat far away from Minji’s desk, still saw and listened to them by Minji’s request. 

 

“I- I want to quit, from the stage.” 

 

Minji stares at her. 

 

“Are you sure about it? You need to pay to terminate the contract to us.”

 

“Money isn't a problem,” answered Gahyeon. She really is not worried about the money, she has a lot of them. She’s saving her money since debut. She’s good at managing her finances. 

 

Minji let her small sigh there. 

 

“I know how tired you are about managing your image like it is a must. You fear that you will lose your fans if you make mistakes. I can understand that and I process your comeback slowly while reassuring you it’s nothing to worry about doing mistakes. I even said that you can do anything you want, try new things because it’s the best way to let you learn and know about mistakes. To ease the pressure on you.” 

 

It’s the pressure from the beginning because Gahyeon became hit and big from the debut. The public makes her worry about making mistakes. Fear that she will lose her fans. Minji knew about them, and Gahyeon talked to her. 

 

“But, why the sudden change, Gahyeon?” asked Minji. 

 

“I-....” 

 

That is really making Gahyeon can’t speak. What’s again the reason she wants to quit? 

 

She doesn’t know. Is it just about the anger on her at the moment? She doesn’t really know. 

 

But she’s really tired from all the weight on her shoulders. 

 

She can’t do it, perform on the stage with the feeling that she can’t enjoy it in front of a lot of people who have high expectations of her. And the heartbreak recently made it worse enough that she just can’t go to the stage. 

 

“Listen! As someone who runs the company, I will not let our talent quit from us until the contract ends. So here is the offer, I will give you one month to think about it, if you still want to quit then quit with your last album, I will give you that.”

 

“If you are still not sure about it, I won’t force you to go to the stage, even until the contract ends. I give you so much time there, as I see your contract will end in 1 year and 4 months more.” Minji offered such a negotiation there. Gahyeon doesn’t understand why.

 

“You want to keep me even if I won’t go to the stage? I don’t know why you listen to me in that hospital. It’s clearly unfair for you and I’m clearly not the right mind when said that.” 

 

Gahyeon can’t believe what she just heard, it’s really unfair. Like from a business point, it’s really unhealthy to keep someone who is not willingly going to the stage. How much is she going to lose from it? It makes no sense at all. 

 

“Look, I just don’t want you to be like me.” 

 

Gahyeon’s mind flies back to the night at the hospital. 

 

“Don’t waste your time, Gahyeon. Don’t throw away your dream easily too. I’m here to help you as much as I can. I will provide you with someone that is capable and professional to listen to your concerns, worries, fears. Your mental health is also important. Okay?” 

 

Gahyeon looks at Minji's gentle eyes. It kinda makes her want to cry right at the moment. How can the person in front of her be such a great and kind person? Even after she wants to quit and about to lose one of the biggest company’s profits. 

 

She can’t understand. 

 

Speechless. 

 

By that, she just nods and agrees with whatever this offer Minji has. She can’t deny it after how she cares at her. 

 

“One last thing again, I don’t want the last incident to happen again. So, Yubin will live with you and care about your meals and other things you want to do. Just ask her, she will provide you as much as we can.” 

 

“Yubin Unnie?” Gahyeon turns around to see how surprised the older. 

 

“Yeah, why? You have someone in your spare room or something?”

 

“I-....” Gahyeon just shakes her head. 

 

“It’s just for a mon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter