Chapter 3 Protect My Love

Secret Admirer (inspired by TVXQ’s Wrong Number)

Eum Yoonjin: Don’t you dare jagi me. We divorced two years ago. I don’t want you in my store… in fact I don’t want you in my life anymore! Get out!

 

Cha Eunwoo: You will regret this Yoonjinnie nuna. I will make you again as my wife. You better watch your back. *smirks and walks off*

 

*Eum Yoonjin falls onto the ground shocked by his words. She bawls in tears crying her eyes out. Jung Soojin runs to comfort her.

 

Jung Soojin: Unne, are you okay?

 

Eum Yoonjin: What am I going to do now? He’s going to ruin my life. 

 

Jung Soojin: You need to tell brother-in-law.

 

Eum Yoonjin: I can’t. No I can’t… He can’t find out about this no matter what.

 

*After the encounter with Cha Eunwoo, her life hasn’t been the same. Now her life is at stake. It feels like she’s being watched all the time and it’s making her feel anxious. She can’t sleep, she can’t eat and Hwang Inyeop is worried sick about her. 

 

Yoonjin’s parents’ house...

 

Inyeop: I came here as fast as I could, how is she, eomonim?

 

Yoonjin’s mom: She’s been in her room all afternoon, crying and throwing a fit. But wait, Inyeop, I found these notes from a Secret Admirer sent to Yoonjin but they seem to be threat notes.

 

Inyeop: Huh? Threat notes sent to my love???? Who in the world would do such a thing?

 

Yoonjn’s mom: I don’t know. But you should see Yoonjin first.

 

Inyeop: Yeah, let’s see what I can do to calm her down. 

 

Yoonjin’s mom: Ok. Come on in.

 

*Inyeop runs upstairs, knocks on her bedroom door. He opens it, and he sees her on the ground with a knife and her arm out, she’s about to cut herself, but Inyeop rushes in to stop her.

 

Inyeop: Yah, Yoonjin!!!! What are you doing???? Are you crazy!!!!

 

Yoonjin: Oppa, I’m tired now, I want it to stop. I want it to be over. (she attempts to grab the knife again).

 

Inyeop: Ah, ah, ah, no!!!! I won’t let you do this to yourself!!!! *puts down the knife* I’ll take care of this!!! Let’s clean up this mess and get you some rest, your mom will take care of you while I’m away.

 

Yoonjin: Wait, where are you going to go?

 

Inyeop: Don’t worry about that, love. I have some business to take care of, I’ll see you soon. I love you. (kisses her on the cheek).

 

Yoonjin: I love you too, oppa.

 

*Inyeop heads back downstairs 

 

Yoonjin’s mom: You are going to help her aren’t you? I’m worried about her. 

 

Inyeop: I am worried about her too. I have to do something about this. *clenches his hands into fists*

 

Yoonjin’s mom: She’s very grateful to have you in her life. I am glad she met you. 

Be safe for us will you?

 

*Inyeop nods and motorbikes off to find who this Secret Admirer looks like, but first he drives around their neighborhood. He thinks to himself. 

 

Inyeop’s mind: I have to protect her no matter what. I can’t let her get hurt. 

 

*It seems that there was no one suspicious in the neighborhood, so he entered the city and started driving around for hours and even asking the locals for any suspicious persons lurking around the streets but no luck and it was almost midnight, so he headed back to Yoonjin’s home.

 

Yoonjin’s mom: Oh, you’re back!

 

Inyeop: Eonmonim, you’re still awake!!!

 

Yoonjin’s mom: Yes, I’ve been worried sick for both of you!!!

 

Inyeop: Eonmonim, you should get some rest, I’ll look over Yoonjin now.

 

Yoonjin’s mom: Ok, dear, thank you. Good night.

 

Inyeop: Good night.

 

*Yoonjin’s mom heads to bed. 

 

*Inyeop quietly sneaks into Yoonjin’s bedroom and lies down next to her on her bed. He caresses her hair. She’s already asleep. He whispers to her

 

Inyeop: Don’t worry love, I’ll find that Secret Admirer sooner or later and I’ll make sure he’ll be gone forever from our lives I promise. *kisses her forehead*