Chapter 14 Will This Game Ever End?

Secret Admirer (inspired by TVXQ’s Wrong Number)

Few days later…

 

*Finally Hwang Inyeop gets discharged from the hospital after surgery. Eum Yoonjin waits for him in the waiting room. She sees him and runs to hug him.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oppa!!

 

Hwang Inyeop: Love *pecks her lips*

 

Eum Yoonjin: I missed you so much oppa!! Are you okay now?

 

Hwang Inyeop: I’m fine now, love, really.

 

Eum Yoonjin: You sure oppa? Nothing happened in the hospital?

 

*Hwang Inyeop chuckles

 

Hwang Inyeop: Nothing happened babe really. Say do you wanna go out for dinner? I didn’t keep the promise last time after the incident.

 

Eum Yoonjin: *nods* That would be great oppa. 

 

Hwang Inyeop: Why don’t we take my motorcycle? 

 

Eum Yoonjin: No oppa I’ll drive. You shouldn’t go so hard on yourself after surgery. 

 

Hwang Inyeop: Okay love. *pecks her forehead*

 

*Hwang Inyeop puts his arm around her shoulder as they head together to the parking lot

 

Hwang Inyeop: So did anything happen while I was gone?

 

Eum Yoonjin: No nothing really but I did have another nightmare.

 

Hwang Inyeop: Again? What is it this time? *looks at her worriedly*

 

Later… 

 

*Hwang Inyeop and Eum Yoonjin spends the rest of their night enjoying each other’s company and about their memories of their relationship.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oppa, do you remember the day we first met?

 

Hwang Inyeop: Of course love I do. That day I saved you from a bunch of thugs ually assaulting you. After that day, you followed me around like a lost puppy calling me your hero and stuff and then you confessed out of the blue you had feelings for me.

 

Eum Yoonjin: I know… *plays with her straw*

 

Flashback 

 

June 30 2014

 

*Ever since the incident, Eum Yoonjin kept Hwang Inyeop around for a year like a lost puppy looking for her owner, and it got on his nerves. He looks back at her and raises his voice at her. 

 

Hwang Inyeop: Stop following me around!! What more do you want? 

 

Eum Yoonjin: Nothing. I just think you’re so cool oppa. 

 

Hwang Inyeop: *rolls his eyes* Get lost chick. I have things to do.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Ooh like what? 

 

Hwang Inyeop: Why do you ing care? Don’t you have things to do? Why do you keep following me around? 

 

Eum Yoonjin: Wait, please don’t go! I-I-I-I like you!!!

 

Hwang Inyeop: What? Look you’re wasting time chick so get lost!! *gets on his motorcycle*

 

Eum Yoonjin: Wait!! I know you like me too oppa. I know you do.

I mean you saved me from thugs and bullies before. There are times you show up at my school to make sure I’m okay. You drop me off to school and to my house often. 

Isn’t it obvious you have feelings for me too?

 

Hwang Inyeop: Look you little-

 

Eum Yoonjin: If you like me back then why are you suddenly so cold and ignorant towards me?

Why are you being like this to me?
Don’t you think you have done enough to my heart already, oppa?

I just don’t understand you at all, oppa, why-

 

*Just then Hwang Inyeop suddenly slams his lips onto hers without saying a single word. Eum Yoonjin gets surprised by his sudden action but she melts into the kiss. Without realizing she wraps her arms around his neck and kisses him back. After a year of him playing push and pull with her, he has finally confessed his feelings for her. He had fallen in love with a girl for the first time. She had stolen his heart completely.

 

End of flashback

 

Eum Yoonjin: How come you couldn’t admit your feelings for me back then, oppa? 

 

Hwang Inyeop: Because I wasn’t really into committed relationships that time. I thought girls were the same, but you- you were different than any other girl I met. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: Really, oppa? How?

 

Hwang Inyeop: Well… you just had something you know.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Huh? *clueless* I don’t get it.

 

*Hwang Inyeop pokes her nose 

 

Hwang Inyeop: That doesn’t matter now. After all you’re the lover of my life. You are amazing Yoonjin ah and I love you very much.

 

Eum Yoonjin: I love you too oppa. 

 

*Eum Yoonjin pecks his cheek 

 

*The InJin couple doesn’t realize that Cha Eunwoo is watching this from afar.

 

Cha Eunwoo: I won’t let you marry that Inyeop dude. After all I’m the only one that can make you truly happy. You’ll see yeobo you’ll see… *smirks*