When blood met silver

When Blood Meets Silver

The alarm rang and Hyunjin grunted, reaching to turn it off, completely ignoring it. She the bed, her arm landing around Heejin's waist to pull her closer against her chest.

"We need to get up," Heejin said, her just-woke-up voice even hoarser than her usual deep tone.

"No."

Heejin chuckled, her lips pressing against Hyunjin's. "Good morning."

Hyunjin hummed, refusing to open her eyes.

"I'll go ahead and take a shower." Heejin paused, then whispered. "Alone."

Her eyes shot open. "No, just give me five more minutes."

"You were never like this, you're just doing it on purpose to be cute."

"Is it working?"

Heejin shook her head with an ear to ear grin. "Yes, aegyo master. Now let's go get ready."

After said shower, and not at all a lonely one, they got ready in silence. Hyunjin buttoned up her white shirt, eyes fixed on the framed drawing Heejin had made for her. Heejin had said, back at Jiwoo's house, that she was working on something. Due to the circumstances at that time, it took longer than expected. Hyunjin had even forgotten about that, but when she came back from her week alone, it was there, already hanging on the wall of their room. A beautiful colored illustration of herself as Selene, the goddess of the moon, with the crescent in her forehead and the moon phases in the background, her gun in her right hand, and the knife in her left. It was so beautiful Hyunjin even shed some tears, and it didn't matter how many times she stared at it, she would always find it impossibly amazing.

And after taking her time to admire the drawing again, and the many others of Heejin's beautiful art pieces she then hung around it, she moved to the mirror to fix her tie. No, there was no dress code, but if she had an excuse to wear her black tie, she would. Plus, Heejin loved it.

Moving downstairs, they greeted Selene and Diana and fed before stepping outside. Hyunjin hopped on Bumblebee and Heejin followed, the drive to the Silver Blades a mere fifteen minutes.

Slowing down, Hyunjin couldn't help but smile, as a big truck was parked near the entrance, with big red letters reading 'Yuta's Finest Meats'. He turned from the trunk as she approached.

"Oh, Hyunjin!" Yuta beamed.

"Hey, Yuta. How's the business going?"

"Ever since you got me this partnership with the slayers, the business skyrocketed!" Yuta smacked her arm playfully. "Seriously, thanks again. I even had to recruit more people for the farm, there's just so much to do! Animals to take care of, blood to harvest, meat to cut and prepare."

"Great. You owe me again."

"Sure, whatever you need, just tell me!"

Hyunjin snorted a laugh, shaking her head. "I'm joking, you don't owe me anything. I'm very glad everything's going well."

"Me too." He nodded, full of energy. "And I finally got to know something about you! I really would have never guessed you had a serious job and all."

"Me either, Yuta." Hyunjin's turn to smack his arm. "I have to go, Heejin is waiting for me and I have a meeting soon."

"Alright, have a great day!"

"You too."

Yuta waved goodbye as Hyunjin turned and joined Heejin, who stood by the entrance with a smile on her lips. Stepping inside the main tower, they halted on their tracks when Vivi and Haseul walked past them, a coffee in each of their hands, so immersed and interested in whatever they were talking, they didn't even notice them arriving. Hyunjin paid attention to her hearing, eavesdropping on their conversation for a few seconds.

"Discussing science and vampire stuff again, as per usual," Hyunjin said. "Do they even talk about anything else?"

"They're doctors, what did you expect?" Heejin chuckled. "In fact, they were talking about music the other day at lunch. Vivi didn't use to eat at the cafeteria, but ever since Haseul joined, she's been doing it quite frequently. And with her."

Hyunjin irked an eyebrow, sharing a look with Heejin. "Let's give them a couple months?"

"Hm. Maybe she was just really impressed with Haseul's knowledge and all." Heejin followed Vivi and Haseul with her eyes as they walked to the elevator, and Vivi giggled with something Haseul said, hiding her redder cheeks with the back of her hand. "But she also doesn't react like that with anyone else."

"I'll keep an eye on them." Hyunjin raised her arms and stretched her back. "I'm gonna have the monthly meeting soon. What are you gonna do until lunch time?"

"Meet with Hyejoo, Chaewon, Yeji, and the others. I don't know what they want to do, maybe we'll train a bit."

"Alright, have fun. I'll see you at lunch, if the meeting doesn't drag too much." Hyunjin kissed Heejin's forehead.

"See you later."

It had only been a month since Hyunjin had joined the Silver Blades, but the responsibilities upon her were already heavy. Just like Vivi's the leader and head of the Silver Blades, therefore, the slayers, Hyunjin was invited to oversee the new Vampire Division in the Silver Blades. That meant attending weekly and monthly meetings with Vivi and Yves to discuss all sorts of things. New measures that could be implemented, discuss results, sort out teams among the slayers and now vampires, and how to distribute them throughout the city for missions and patrols, reviewing lessons and training schedules... Bureaucracy, but meaningful bureaucracy.

"We want to increase our police force in all of the districts of the country," Yves said. "and for that, they need training first. I was thinking in assigning Jiwoo for fighting training, and Chaewon for shooting training."

Vivi tapped her chin. "Yes, do that. Hyunjin has a lot to worry about already, they can take care of that."

"Chaewon being a professor." Hyunjin smiled.

"Don't you agree?"

"Oh, I really do. I never saw that girl miss a shot."

"Great. Yves, talk to them later."

Yves nodded, swiping on her iPad. "About the fugitives of the Blood Alliance, unfortunately, we didn't find anything during the whole month."

Vivi sighed. "Communicate with the other bases, tell them to increase search parties. Who knows where they might be hiding. They could even have escaped the country by now."

"We will find them, no matter what or how long it will take." Hyunjin gave her a reassuring nod.

There was a knock on the door.

"Oh, come in!" Vivi said, and Hyunjin didn't need to turn to know it was Haseul coming in. "Haseul's joining us for an announcement."

"Hello, thank you for receiving me." Haseul bowed before taking a seat on the empty couch at the left side.

"As you know, we aren't always working to find a cure, we also wanted to come up with new ideas that can help vampires in their daily lives," Vivi said. "And this is where Haseul comes in."

All eyes focused on her, and she cleared . "Even before joining the Silver Blades as a doctor and scientist, I was already doing some research on vampires ever since Yeojin was turned. I also thought about trying to find a cure, but there was something else I wanted to focus on first. But since I didn't have the proper tools at home, and couldn't risk making unexplainable experiments in my colleges' labs, I didn't go far. Here, though, I have everything I could ask for. So," Haseul paused and exchanged a look with Vivi, who smiled and nodded at her. "I'm happy to announce that we're making huge progress in making a blood pill."

"A-A what?" Hyunjin's chin dropped.

"A pill that can replace blood. Drop the pill into water, and there you go. A perfectly believable and nutritionally similar substitute to blood."

"Is that really possible?"

"Our research shows very promising results. It can take a bit longer, but it's going super well, and we wanted to let you know."

Hyunjin let her back hit the couch. "That's amazing."

"She's a genius, a prodigy!" Vivi said, and Haseul widened her eyes, waving her hands. "I'm positive that with her and the info Hyunjin brought to us about vampires, we can find a cure."

"W-We will, and it will be thanks to you, Vivi!" Haseul said.

"We couldn't so far, if we can now, it will definitely be thanks to you."

Hyunjin tried her hardest not to laugh, exchanging a look with Yves, and she could only shake her head.

"They're always doing this," Yves whispered, but Hyunjin could perfectly hear it.

As Hyunjin feared, the meeting dragged too long, with all they had to take care of. Hyunjin rushed down the elevator, to the third floor, where the cafeteria was. Even though it was past lunch time, she could hear loud chatter and laughs, and she could feel Heejin's scent as she made her way though the corridor. She smiled, her legs moving faster on their own.

She turned to the left, and there she was, with the group she said she would meet earlier plus Jiwoo and Jungeun, randomly shouting numbers, and when Chaewon and Jisu said the same number at the same time, all girls burst out laughing.

"Oh, Hyunjin!" Hyejoo, sitting towards the door, waved at her, and Heejin turned, her grin stretching from ear to ear.

Hyunjin rushed to get a bottle from the blood fridge and joined them, kissing the top of Heejin's head before sitting at the empty seat in front of her and next to Ryujin. "Hi, everyone."

"Hey, boss!" Ryujin raised her fist, and Hyunjin bumped it with hers. "How was the meeting?"

"Long." She sighed, and the others chuckled. "It was nice. What about you? Why are all of you still here?"

"I told them I would stay here waiting for you, and they said they would wait as well," Heejin said.

"Awn, aren't you all such nice friends! And what in the moon were you doing, shouting random numbers?"

Yeji gasped. "You don't know that game?"

Hyunjin blinked. "Should I?"

"Don't forget she's sixty-seven years old, she's a hag," Hyejoo snickered.

"Hey, who beat you at Mario Kart after only two or three tries?"

"Oops." Chaeryeong mumbled, trying not to laugh.

"Alright, I'll explain the game for you," Jisu said, just in time because Hyejoo was going to argue back.

"So we just say the numbers in order and try not to say the next at the same time with someone else?" Hyunjin frowned, and they nodded. "Seems fun, let's play. One!"

And she would never expect such a simple game would be so much fun. Not only that, but they also taught Hyunjin how to play mafia. They were glad they were the only ones at the cafeteria at that time, because they were so competitive, they didn't care how loud they were shouting.

"It's Ryujin!" Hyejoo pointed at her.

"What, I'm not! All you did all game was accuse others, so I'm sure it's you!" Ryujin frowned.

"I'm trying my best to find the mafias, how am I one?!"

"G-Guys," Chaeryeong, sitting right between them, waved her hands around, trying to calm them down.

"And how am I one? What proof do you have?" Ryujin asked.

"I also think it's you," Chaewon said.

Ryujin's chin reached the floor. "Now you have your girlfriend backing you up!"

"That's my opinion!"

"Seriously, no one is going to defend me?" Ryujin looked around with puppy eyes. "Jungeun? Jiwoo?"

"I'm honestly so confused..." Jungeun held her head with her hand.

"I'm already dead, can't really say anything." Heejin shrugged. "But I'm loving this from the outside."

"Same, and same." Jiwoo laughed.

"As the narrator, this is hilarious," Yeji said.

"I don't think it's Ryujin." Jisu, sitting in front of her, held her gaze, her face serious.

"Oh, thank you, Jisu!" Ryujin reached for her hands. "Tell them!"

"See, she's acting all defensive!" Hyejoo kept accusing her.

"There are two mafias, why are you just accusing me?"

"What about you, Hyunjin?" Chaewon asked her. "You didn't say anything yet."

"I have no idea what to say. I'm studying you all so I can take my own conclusions. And I think we should vote. I vote for Ryujin."

Ryujin sulked in her chair. "You too?!"

"I have my own reasons."

But the votes were a tie that round - three for Hyejoo, from Jisu, Ryujin, and Chaeryeong, and three for Ryujin, from Hyunjin, Hyejoo, and Jungeun.

"Alright, everyone, it's now nighttime," Yeji said, and everyone closed their eyes, and the new round started. "Mafias, open your eyes."

"I just know I'm gonna die..." Hyejoo mumbled.

"No, I will, you're gonna kill me, I just know it!" Ryujin whined.

The round was over after the police made their attempt at finding one of the mafias.

"So, this night... Jungeun was killed," Yeji said.

"What? Why me?"

"Ask Hyejoo!" Ryujin said.

"Why are you asking me why you killed her? How should I know? Didn't you want her support? You killed her because she voted for you!"

Ryujin took her hands to her hair, growling in frustrating, and Heejin and Jiwoo burst out in loud laughs.

"This is by far the funniest mafia game we have ever played," Heejin said.

"Alright, votes. I still vote for Ryujin. It makes sense that she killed Jungeun," Hyunjin said.

Chaeryeong changed her vote to Ryujin, so Yeji declared, "With three votes, Ryujin is out."

Hyejoo clapped. "Feels good to do what's right."

"And she was not the mafia," Yeji said.

"Oh, no, I'm sorry, Ryujinie!" Chaeryeong turned to her and held her shoulder.

"What?!" Hyejoo stood up, throwing her chair down.

"I tried to tell you it's Hyejoo, and now I'm out! You're all going to lose!" Ryujin said.

"Ryujin, you're already out, you can't talk anymore," Yeji warned.

"To hell if it wasn't you, but it's not me either!" Hyejoo scrowled.

"Alright, let's all calm down!" Yeji said. "Back to the game, come on." The round was over, and when the remaining players opened their eyes and scanned around, Heejin and Jiwoo kept laughing, while Ryujin was fuming. "Jisu, you're out."

"But I just found out... urgh, I can't say anything now."

"Wait, but, isn't the game technically over?" Heejin said. "There are only four remaining, two mafias. Even if they manage to find one now, in the next round the other mafia will kill someone, so it will still be one mafia and one citizen."

There was silence as the girls looked at each other.

"Yeah, true," Yeji said. "Well then, the mafia won."

Hyejoo and Hyunjin jumped from their chairs, dropped chins at them as they hugged.

"I was the police, why didn't you vote for Hyejoo when I voted for her?" Jisu said.

"How could we know?" Chaeryeong pouted. "They fooled me!"

"We were amazing!" Hyejoo jumped around with Hyunjin. "My acting skills were on spot."

"I want another one!" Ryujin said.

"In fact, there's ten minutes left until class." Heejin turned the phone to everyone.

"Ten?!" Hyunjin froze in place, letting go of Hyejoo. "Oh Goddess, I still need to go change! Good game, see you in class!"

Hyunjin rushed out from the cafeteria, going straight for the stairs so she could get to the first floor faster. But as she ran down the stairs, two scents reached her nose.

They're here today?

Exiting in the second level, she dashed through the corridors, straight for the room they were in. Knocking twice but giving them no time to answer, she opened the door and peeked inside. Yerim sat in front of the computer, and Jinsol stood next to her, leaning towards the computer, an arm around Yerim's shoulders and face almost glued to hers. Both girls stared at Hyunjin.

"Just wanted to say hi!" Hyunjin waved at them. "Didn't know you were gonna be here today."

"Y-Yeah, we're still working on the vampire investigations." Jinsol straightened herself, clearing .

"No need to pretend around me, I won't scold you for acting like the couple you are." Hyunjin winked. "Alright, good work on that, I need to rush, I was playing mafia with the others and now I'm late for the first class."

"You played mafia with them?" Yerim asked. "You must have suffered. Are your ears okay?"

"They're fine! I was mafia with Hyejoo, we won. Fooled them big time! You should have seen Ryujin's face! Okay, I really need to go, see you later!"

Hyunjin closed the door, still hearing their goodbyes, and focused on what mattered. After changing as fast as she could to her comfy baggy shorts and tank top and tying her hair up, she rushed to the training room for her first class - vampires only.

"Standby!" Hyunjin shouted when she got there - something she always did to get everyone's attention, and that everyone hated.

"Do you realize you're the one that's late?" Hyejoo shook her head.

"I'm sorry, now, let's begin. Fifty laps around, as fast as you can!"

"I'm gonna beat y'all as revenge for the mafia game!" Ryujin started before everyone else.

Yeonjun frowned at her sister. "What happened?"

"She wasn't mafia, and she was kicked in the fourth round." Hyunjin giggled.

"Oh..."

The first class was over, and after a half an hour break, she was ready for the next one - this one mixed vampire and slayer classes, but all of them still beginners, and fairly young, twenty years old and below. This one was at a later time, since at their age, they still had to attend school.

She was already in the room, greeting the kids arriving. Six in the afternoon sharp, and Yeojin was stepping in with all the calm in the world, chatting with Yuna. They always arrived together, and it didn't matter how many times Hyunjin would observe it, she would always find it so funny how Yuna was so much taller than her.

"Yeojin!" Hyunjin called, everyone freezing in place. "You're late!"

"What?" Yeojin frowned. "You joking, right?"

"Yeah." Hyunjin smiled, and a soft laughter erupted in class. "Alright, hi everyone, form pairs of vampire and human and start stretching!"

Of course Yeojin and Yuna stuck together. It was never Yeojin's intention that Yuna knew about vampires. But a couple weeks ago, Yeojin was waiting for Yuna's PE class to finish so they could hang out together, and as Yuna was running, she tripped and fell badly. Yeojin had ran to her, to check on the girl, arriving faster than anyone else.

Unfortunately, Yeojin didn't exactly consider there might be blood involved, and Yuna had scraped her knee. Yuna had seen her eyes before Yeojin could run away, and confronted her later with what she saw. Yeojin had always been a terrible liar, so she couldn't hide it from her. But in Yeojin's words to Hyunjin, Yuna never showed herself to be scared of Yeojin. In fact, it only brought them even closer, to the point of Yuna wanting to join the Silver Blades as a slayer in training.

Yuna was already very athletic, since she was in their school's floorball team, and Hyunjin seriously didn't know how she could do everything at the same time and be always full of energy. But she was always glad that Yuna and all her younger pupils were so dedicated and disciplined.

"Amazing work, everyone." Hyunjin clapped at the end of class, all her students clapping along and complimenting each other and bowing. "Rest well and I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Bye, teach! You're the best!" A couple guys said as they made their way to the locker rooms.

Hyunjin honestly thought she would hate teaching kids, but in fact, and even though she tried her hardest not to show it, she would melt whenever they acted like that.

Yeojin would never leave right away. Not before running and hugging Hyunjin every time.

"The others will be jealous and if you keep doing this," Hyunjin said, but hugged her nonetheless, patting her head.

"Look at me caring."

"Don't come complaining to me that you don't make friends then!"

"You really treat me like an elementary school kid." Yeojin shook her head.

"You're the size of one, what do you want me to do?"

Yuna snorted a laugh. Yeojin pulled away, glared at Hyunjin, and punched her stomach, making her wheeze.

"Do elementary kids punch like this?"

"Apparently."

"Look what I suffer!" Yeojin turned to Yuna, hoping to receive some support, but she girl kept laughing. "Sure, team up to bully me! I'm reporting this to Haseul!"

Hyunjin's laughs matched Yuna's now. "Oh, look at me, I have a big sister to protect me! Totally elementary school behavior."

"Oh, stop, my stomach hurts!" Yuna said, curving over herself, her smile so big her eyes had turned into crescents.

Yeojin's cheeks turned redder, and she huffed, turning her back at them. "Fine! I'm gonna leave dramatically like the bad girl I am."

She flicked her hair and stomped away.

"Wait!" Yuna whined.

"Yuna," Hyunjin called, making the girl stop. "Can I just have a word? She won't be going anywhere without you, don't worry."

Yuna contained her smile, holding her left arm. "Yeah."

"I just wanted to thank you for taking care of Yeojin. She is really, really thankful for having you at her side, even after you finding out about her being a vampire."

"Oh, i-it's nothing! In fact, she's the one taking care of me. I don't know if it's because she's older and she feels like she has to look out for me, but she really does."

Not only because of that.

"Yeah. She's a little devil, but she's super caring and cute. She's like the little sister I never had."

"And she loves you a lot. Ever since I found out, and she told me everything, she wouldn't shut up about you. She admires and looks up to you a lot."

Hyunjin smiled, her insides trembling. "I know. I'm glad you have each other. Now go, before she starts crying because she doesn't have you by her side."

Yuna giggled. "See you tomorrow." She gave Hyunjin a quick bow before skipping away. Hyunjin took in a deep breath with a satisfied sigh.

Her work day was over, and it had been a few minutes since she had felt Heejin's scent outside. Not wasting any more time, she headed to the locker room to get her things and walked outside. Heejin leaned against the wall, looking all cool with her baseball cap turned back on her head, arms crossed on her chest and a foot against the wall.

"Is that for me?" Hyunjin approached.

"That, what?" Heejin irked an eyebrow.

"Your coolness."

"I was literally just waiting for you."

"Hm, sure." Hyunjin rested her hands on Heejin's hips.

"No, for real, I wasn't trying to look cool or... affect you or anything." But Heejin still smirked.

Hyunjin narrowed her eyes at her. "Really? 'Cuz surely, it worked."

"I'm wearing a track suit and a cap, for the love of the moon!" Heejin laughed.

"And? I'm sorry if I find you attractive with whatever you're wearing, or, not wearing."

"Is that so? I think we have something to take care of later, then."

"Get a room!"

Hyunjin and Heejin jerked their head to Jungeun's voice down the corridor, who shook her head at them, and Jiwoo laughed behind her.

"We already did, thanks for the advice, though!" Hyunjin gave her a thumbs up. "Are you guys heading to your rooms?"

"Nah, we're gonna have dinner with Sooyoung!" Jiwoo beamed, doing her signature cute and happy jump.

"Alright, have fun!"

"I would tell you the same, but I already know you're gonna have plenty of fun later." Jungeun winked at them.

Hyunjin nodded with a happy smile, making them laugh as they walked away, waving them goodbye.

"Where's my kiss?" Heejin asked, arms around Hyunjin's torso.

Since she didn't feel like beating around the bush and teasing her, Hyunjin leaned in to attend to her request.

"You're done for today, right?"

Hyunjin nodded. "And you?"

"Yeah. The others went to their rooms to rest already. Let's go home?"

Driving at dawn was something Hyunjin always loved to do. She would even go slower to enjoy the atmosphere of the city. Arriving, they fetch a bottle each and dropped to the couch, Selene and Diana following them and laying in their laps. Hyunjin turned the TV on and skipped through the channels.

"I miss playing on the Switch," Heejin said.

"Should we get one?"

"If you want to."

"I have a real job now, and got my first payment already, I guess it would be a nice first investment."

"Let's get one, then."

Hyunjin giggled, kissing Heejin's head, which rested on her shoulder.

"Tonight's a full moon," Hyunjin said.

"I know."

"Oh, do you?"

"Yeah. And it's the Corn Moon, not the Harvest Moon, because this year's Harvest Moon will be in October instead of September, and October will have two full moons, which is quite rare."

"You've been studying your stuff." Hyunjin's eyebrows raised. It was small things like that one that made Hyunjin fall even deeper for Heejin. "I wanna play the piano."

"And I wanna hear it." Heejin beamed.

Turning off the TV, Hyunjin laid Selene on her armchair and moved to sit at the piano. She lifted the fall board and hovered her finger over the keys, even though she already knew what she wanted to play. Closing her eyes, she let her fingers press on the starting keys to play Moonlight Sonata. Giving all her soul to the music, and knowing the moon was raising in the night sky, she felt directly connected to her. Like a warmth that spread underneath her skin, deeper to her heart, embracing her whole being as a daughter of the moon, a sister to her Goddess.

When she finished the second movement, she gave herself a few seconds to stretch and crack her fingers before going for the third and last movement, the fastest and hardest song Hyunjin had mastered. But it didn't matter if she hadn't played it in a while, she still knew it perfectly from how engraved it was in her mind.

Finishing, she took a deep breath, turning to Heejin. The girl's eyes gleamed under the dim light of the living room.

"Why are you crying?" Hyunjin sat beside her.

"It was beautiful." Heejin sniffed, clearing her eyes before a tear could fall.

"Should I expect you to cry whenever I play the piano?" Hyunjin cupped her cheeks.

Heejin pouted. "I'm sorry, I get emotional. I remember my mom and all..."

"Oh." Hyunjin dropped her hands, holding hers instead. "I'm sorry."

"No, don't be! They're good memories. And I don't want to forget about them. Listening to you playing the piano helps me keep them."

"Then I'll play for you whenever you want me to, so you can keep them forever."

Heejin smiled and kissed her lips. "I love you, Hyunjinie."

"I love you too." Hyunjin paused. "Have I ever told you the meaning behind my arm tattoo?"

"No, you didn't."

"I always loved the moon and the planets and the universe, but it's not just that. When I was a kid, I would tell my mom I loved her as much as space, and asked her how much she loved me, and she said as much as the earth and sky, but I argued that it's smaller! And she said that the sky and the earth are bigger than the universe, and then we kept with that silly conversation trying to prove which was bigger and who loved the other more."

A tear ran down Heejin's eye, and she shook her head. "I'm sorry, that's just so... wholesome."

"It was. I thought I'd share with you my own way to keep the memories of my mom alive." Hyunjin felt her own eyes getting teary, but she fought back. "The moon should be almost up, I'm gonna go outside for a bit."

"Can I go with you?"

Hyunjin took a hand to her neck. "I-I was going to pray."

"I want to pray with you. I-If that's okay, of course!"

"You want to come?"

Heejin nodded vigorously. Hyunjin stood up and pulled Heejin with her without another word. They made their way to their favorite spot to watch the sky and sat down together, looking up at the beauty of the full moon.

"How do I do this?" Heejin asked.

"Just... talk to her. Tell her your worries, thank her for what you're grateful for, ask her for what you want. It's what I do."

"O-Out loud?"

Hyunjin chuckled. "If you want to. If not, in your mind. She'll listen anyway, if you connect to her."

Heejin nodded and stared up at the moon, and Hyunjin did the same. She never closed her eyes to pray. She liked to talk to her while staring at it, never getting tired of how beautiful the full moon looked. And like that, she thanked her for another full month, the past one a completely new one for Hyunjin, but one that she loved and was grateful for. The only thing she asked for was for things to keep going like they were, because there was nothing else she would rather have.

She had an even bigger purpose to keep living and thriving forward, with all her friends safe and by her side.

Simple, but that was really all she wanted.

She looked at her side, observing Heejin with her eyes closed, her eyebrows drawn in focus. As for her... Heejin had been the one breaking the wall Hyunjin had kept up for so many years, one she had only lowered for Jinsol. Heejin chose to give her trust, to refuse to leave her side, no matter how dangerous it was for her and everyone else involved. Hyunjin was sure that if it wasn't for her, she would have ended up refusing her friends' help.

And for that she thanked every full moon. She thanked Heejin for showing up in her life, and with her, all of her friends along the way.

She would always be thankful for that summer full moon, when the Goddess presented her with the greatest gift she had never asked for. She would always hold dear in her heart the night when blood met silver.

---

A/N: This is it. It's over. God, it doesn't feel real yet. I did a beautiful illustration for this chapter, please check it out on my twitter! (sorry for the lack of modesty, I'm really proud of this one)

Yeah, I got inspired in Hyunjin's call with her mom in that wholesome video for the meaning behind her arm tattoo. I love that video so much, I almost cry when I watch it from how cute it is T^T

Writing this story was such an amazing journey, just like posting each and every one of the chapters all throughout the past few months. I wanna thank, from the bottom of my heart, everyone who read, who subbed, voted, left comments, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! ♥️

And of course, I wanna thank my girlfriend, who always helps me SO MUCH with ideas (sniper Chaewon was her idea, everyone thank her instead!), plot points, and always edits my stories. Without her, my stories wouldn't be as good, so, thank you for always helping me, and listening to my rumbles and put sense in my head when I whine that THIS OR THAT ABSOLUTELY CANNOT BE REMOVED FROM THE STORY! (she knows the struggle.........)

Speaking of what's coming next! My next fic is gonna be a Lipves one! I'M SO EXCITED! If you don't follow me on twitter (@itzloonatic) already, please do, so you know exactly when I start posting it! And if you wanna say or ask something, here's my curiouscat!

As always, sorry for the long a/n, and thank you all again for sticking with my on this long journey that was this story! Stay well everyone, and until my next story ♥️♥️♥️