Not all wounds are physical

When Blood Meets Silver

Hyunjin would be lying if she said she wasn’t worried about Heejin. Those slayers were deranged. Who knew if they were still hiding somewhere.

Heejin’s scent was so easy to follow. Maybe because Hyunjin had taken a special liking to it. Following it, she already knew where she was – sitting on the small hill, with her eyes ahead at the darkening sky. And as she approached, and her feet rustled the grass, Heejin turned and got on her feet in a mere second.

“It’s just me,” Hyunjin said, raising her hands.

“What do you want?” Heejin spat, and it hurt.

“Can I sit with you?”

“Don’t you want to be alone?”

“No.”

Heejin’s features softened, and as she sat down again, Hyunjin took that as a yes, and sat next to her.

“I’m sorry,” Hyunjin said. “I was an ungrateful .”

“How the tables have turned.”

Hyunjin chuckled. “Yeah. You were right. Hyejoo had to yell at me, put some sense in this head of mine. I just found it easier to blame it all on me and think that you were better without me.”

“Better without you? You brought hope to us.”

“Hope?”

“Jiwoo and Jungeun were stuck at the Blood Alliance, and Yeojin was saved from it. Me, Hyejoo, and Chaewon are considered traitors and were banned from where we thought our family was. Do you realize how much you did for everyone?”

Hyunjin opened just to close it again.

“You should give yourself more credit,” Heejin said, and a hand rested in her arm. “And I’m also sorry. I know I was right, but I didn’t mean to say that last part... I regretted as soon as stepped outside.”

“Yeah, that was pretty rude."

Like always, and as Hyunjin wanted to, Heejin threw a fit of punches.

“,” Heejin cursed, as she moved her left arm. “I forgot about it.”

“You okay? Does it hurt?” Hyunjin stood up and sat on her left side, carefully holding her arm.

“A bit. And that was not rude, that was badass.”

Hyunjin met her eyes and smiled. “Yeah. You were pretty badass. I really needed to hear that, as much as it did hurt.”

There was silence, because Heejin’s eyes found Hyunjin’s new scar again, and the smile on her lips disappeared.

“What is it?” Hyunjin asked.

Without taking her eyes off of it, Heejin reached with her right hand, ghosting over the scar, until her fingertips touched it, light as a feather.

“It really did scar already.”

“Yeah. It wasn’t a deep cut.”

“You don’t deserve it.”

“It’s just a scar.”

“It’s forever.” Heejin’s eyes averted to Hyunjin’s face, staring at the ones on her left eyebrow, and her hand followed, tracing them. “Like these.”

“Don’t I look fierce with them?”

“You look pretty nonetheless.”

“My scars are pretty?”

“You are.”

Hyunjin should have avoided her eyes. Heejin had just called her pretty, it would be the most natural thing to do. Yet, she didn’t. The fingers tracing her scars traveled down, outlining Hyunjin's jaw line, and even though Heejin barely touched her skin, she could feel them leaving a trail of fire.

“Beautiful,” Hyunjin mumbled.

“What is?”

Heejin’s eyes, the mole by her left eye and on her right cheek, her impossibly straight nose, her sharp cupids bow, her lips, her jawline, her wavy brown hair.

“The sky,” Hyunjin said, turning to face it, feeling her neck burning, and no, it was not the scar.

“Oh, uhm, y-yeah.”

It wasn’t like Hyunjin didn’t want to say it. But maybe it was not the time for that, or the time to think about how Heejin’s eyes stared at her features and how her heart had shot when she said the word ‘beautiful’.

“Do you think we should leave?” Hyunjin asked.

“Yes.”

“But where?”

“You didn’t let anyone talk. You shut everyone down as soon as Jinsol said it, so we don't know if she even had a solution already in her mind.”

“I know it’s selfish, but I don’t really want to leave.”

“I know, and honestly, I don’t want to either. I love it here. But Jinsol was right. We have a target on our backs. Now they know exactly how many of us there are and who we are. It’s not safe anymore.”

Leaving the house she had been living in for so many years. The house she bought with her brother. Just the thought brought tears to her eyes, but she blinked them away before Heejin could see them, and stared at the sky instead. The moon was already visible, and she loved it so much when she could see the moon before the night fell.

“Tonight’s a perfect first quarter,” Hyunjin said, without taking her eyes off the moon. “This moon cycle means decision making. Isn’t it so perfectly in sync with us?”

Heejin stared ahead as well, and hummed in response.

“Let’s go, let’s discuss this with everyone and find a solution.” Hyunjin stood up, helping her up so she didn’t risk hurting her arm.

Smiles greeted them as they stepped inside.

“Are you guys okay now?” Hyejoo asked.

“Yeah.” Hyunjin gave them a thumbs up. “And about leaving, does anyone have ideas?”

Jinsol widened her eyes. “You serious?”

“Yes. But we can’t just leave without somewhere to go. That would be reckless.”

Jinsol relaxed, her body leaning against Hyunjin’s armchair. “My apartment isn’t as big as this house, but if you don’t mind, I don’t either.”

“Isn’t it too close to here?” Chaewon asked.

“Forget it, I know exactly where we're going.” Jiwoo beamed, and all eyes were on her without questioning, just waiting for her to continue. “My house!”

“You... have a house?” Heejin irked an eyebrow.

“It’s kinda recent, but I do. Remember I’m not from here, right? I lived with my parents before I was turned and came to Seoul. Even after that, I kept on visiting them, well, without them knowing, of course. I would just lurk around to make sure they were okay. A year ago, though, I visited and... they weren’t around.”

Chaewon gasped. “What happened?”

“My mom passed away and my dad moved to Jeju, but not too long after, he died as well.”

There was a small silence, but Jiwoo smiled and continued. “Since I hadn’t aged since I left, I pretended to be their granddaughter, and asked the neighbors what happened, that’s why I know this. The house was my parents', and since they both died, I was the legitimate owner. I managed to get a fake ID saying I was Kim Jiwoo’s daughter, therefore their granddaughter, and after all that bureaucracy, the house is mine.”

“You... posed as your own daughter,” Hyunjin said.

Jiwoo chuckled. “Yeah.”

“Genius.” Jinsol dropped her chin.

“Is it too far?” Hyejoo asked.

“Not too much, about an hour by car. It’s in a small neighborhood, there’s just a few houses nearby and then the city a couple minutes away.”

“It’s perfect!” Jinsol clapped her hands twice. “I’ll drive you there, and Hyunjin takes Heejin on Bumblebee.”

“Hey, why are you deciding that for yourself?” Hyunjin asked.

“Would you do it differently?”

Hyunjin eyed Heejin. “Only if she agrees.”

“It’s fine by me.”

“Then it’s set. Everyone, go pack.”

“What about me?” Yeojin asked.

“You will go back home and hide that scar with everything you have.” Haseul pinched her arm.

“What about training?”

Hyunjin walked over and squatted next to her. “You already have great control over your abilities. You fought well today, but that’s enough for you. You’ll do as Haseul say, you’ll graduate, and then leave the city as you said.”

“I don’t wanna stop seeing you.”

“You can always ask Haseul to drive there to visit us.” Hyunjin caressed her hair. “Also, I don’t plan on staying there for long.”

Yeojin pouted, then her eyes widened. “What about blood? How will I feed?”

“Hm... Haseul, would you be willing to visit Yuta’s farm to get blood for her?”

“Of course.”

“Then visit him with Jinsol, let him know you’ll be stopping by. You’re a friend of mine, Yuta will trust you.”

“Thank you, Hyunjin.” Haseul laid a hand on her shoulder.

Hyunjin smiled at her and stood up. “Alright everyone, go pack. We leave as soon as we’re all ready.”

And as if Diana and Selene had perfectly understood what she said, they came running, meowing at her. Hyunjin sighed and sat on the floor, holding them both to her chest.

“I’ll take care of them, then bring them over the next time I go visit,” Jinsol said. “I mean, if it’s alright to bring the cats to Jiwoo’s house.”

“Of course!" Jiwoo said. "Actually, why don't we take them now? It's not safe for you to be coming here to feed them when we can take them with us."

"Is it really okay? Is there space for them in the car?" Hyunjin was still holding them close.

"I suppose you have a transport box for each? I can take one in my lap, and someone else takes the other!"

"I don't think Selene likes me much..." Hyejoo mumbled.

"I can take her," Jungeun said, patting Hyejoo's shoulder.

“Thank you so much, everyone.” Hyunjin kissed Diana and Selene’s head. “You're coming with us, babies!"

“Wholesome,” Chaewon said.

Hyunjin’s cheeks warmed up, and as she got on her feet, she caught on Heejin staring at her with a smile on her lips. “I-I’ll go upstairs and pack my things.”

Rushing upstairs, she stepped inside her room. She grabbed her backpack and started getting what she needed from her wardrobe when she heard steps approaching.

“Come in,” Hyunjin said as Heejin was about to knock the door.

The door came open. “M-My things are here as well.”

“Oh, yeah.”

Silence filled in the room as they packed, and in an instant, they were ready.

“Got everything already?” Heejin asked.

“Yeah, I don’t have a lot to take.” Hyunjin shrugged.

“Let’s go?”

Hyunjin took a look around, and sighing, she walked to the door. But before going back downstairs, as they crossed the hallway, Hyunjin stopped by a closed door.

“Hyunjin?” Heejin looked back.

“Can... can you stay with me for a few more minutes?”

“Of course. Is something wrong?”

Hyunjin’s hand grabbed on the doorknob, and she took a deep breath before opening the door and slid inside, followed by Heejin.

“This is-”

“Your brother’s room.” Heejin finished for her, as she looked around at the shelves filled with books, the tidy, well-made bed, and the constellation frames hanging on the wall. Then, her chin dropped as she noticed a guitar by the corner of the room.

Hyunjin sat on the bed, staring outside the window. “Yes. I kept it just like it was before he died.”

The mattress dove next to Hyunjin.

“It’s very pretty. He liked the stars as well.” Heejin’s voice sounded so caring.

“He did. He preferred the stars over the moon, while I always loved the moon more.”

“And while you play the piano, he played the guitar.”

Hyunjin met her eyes. “He also played a bit of the piano, like I also can play a bit of the guitar.”

“You can?”

“Just a bit.”

Heejin gulped, and her eyes showed a certain eagerness.

“You want to play a bit, don’t you?” Hyunjin asked. “I remember Chaewon saying she couldn’t bring your guitar.”

“N-No! It’s your brother’s-”

Hyunjin stood up and walked to pick up the guitar, going back to sit next to her. She cleaned it with her hands, the dust coming off and flying around. “It’s probably super out of tune.”

“I can tune it.”

Hyunjin chuckled, handing her the guitar. Heejin held it like it was the most valuable treasure in the world, and with all the care, she tuned it.

“Now play me something,” Hyunjin said.

“Y-You sure?”

“I played the piano for you.”

“I also played a bit for you!”

“Don’t you want to play the guitar?”

Red dusted her cheeks. Without answering, Heejin looked down at the guitar, pressing on the strings, and after a quick breath, she strung.

Hyunjin didn’t know what she was playing, but it was calm, sweet, a somehow melancholic melody. And with it, memories flooded Hyunjin’s mind. When she played the piano and her brother the guitar, when they learned songs together, when her brother played the guitar on his own, and Hyunjin could always listen to it from her room.

Sudden tears made it impossible for Hyunjin to stare, to marvel at Heejin. She blinked, making them run down her cheeks, and her sniff made Heejin look up, and seeing her crying, she stopped.

“It’s okay, go on,” Hyunjin said, hurrying to clean her eyes.

Heejin set the guitar down and scooted closer to Hyunjin. A warm hand held Hyunjin’s.

“You don’t always have to pretend you’re fine. You can just break down sometimes.”

“More than I did today?”

“Did you really?” There was a pause, their gazes still holding each other, and Hyunjin didn’t answer. “It was a day we certainly won't forget, so... don’t hold it in.”

It wasn’t like she was pretending to be fine, but for the sake of everyone else, she had to be okay, even if she was breaking inside.

But there, at that moment, there was just Heejin.

Giving up completely, Hyunjin let the tears she had been trying to suppress for too long loose, as her body drew itself towards Heejin’s, her arms circling around her shoulders to bring her closer. Heejin caressed her hair, soothing her, and her heart shot up as Hyunjin sobbed against her neck.

Drops touched Hyunjin’s shoulder, and a sob matched hers. They let themselves cry, squeeze each other’s bodies, be there for the other. And when they calmed down, the tears slowly coming to a stop, her neck scar suddenly burned again.

Because Heejin’s lips were pressed against it.

“I wish I had healing powers,” Heejin whispered.

Hyunjin’s body froze, and the more she tried to say something, the more contracted. “Y-You do.”

Heejin chuckled. “I do?”

“Not all wounds are physical.”

They pulled away, Hyunjin’s hand resting in the back of Heejin’s neck, and she couldn’t stop her eyes from wandering down, to look at Heejin’s parted lips. There was another bang of a heart, but this time, Hyunjin didn’t know if it had been Heejin’s or hers.

“Why are you taking so long? We have to go!” Jungeun’s voice boomed from downstairs, making both girls jump in their places.

“G-Going!” Hyunjin shouted back, standing up, and without another word, she walked to the door, letting Heejin step outside first. She looked back one more time, took a deep breath, closed the door, and followed Heejin down the stairs.

“Everyone ready?” Jinsol asked.

They nodded, but Hyunjin stood still. A hand grabbed hers, and turning her neck at Heejin, she gave her a smile.

“Yes,” Hyunjin said. “Yeojin, can you stand?”

“I think so.” And with Haseul’s help, she stood up, wincing at the pain.

“I brought you a t-shirt, put it on and you can keep it.” Hyunjin handed her an oversized black t-shirt that made Yeojin look half her already tiny size.

“Thank you.” Yeojin smiled, wearing it on top of her ripped one.

“You sure you don’t want me to go with you?” Jinsol asked.

“Yes. I brought my car, so you don’t have to,” Haseul said.

Yeojin turned to Hyunjin with a pout on her lips. “Can I get a hug before I leave?”

Hyunjin chuckled and opened her arms so Yeojin could crash against her, her arms circling around Hyunjin’s torso. Hyunjin patted her head. “Everything’s gonna be fine.”

“You told me that before,” Yeojin said. “I know it will. Please be safe.”

“I will. Let’s go, I’ll walk you to your car.”

The others bid their goodbyes to Haseul and Yeojin as they left towards Haseul’s car. They helped Yeojin down to the passenger’s seat, and Haseul closed the door.

“Haseul, I...” Hyunjin said before she could say something. “I am really, really sorry.”

Haseul rested a hand on her shoulder. “You did what you could. You heard Yeojin too. She fought because that's what she wanted to do.”

“Did I really?”

Haseul gave her a small smile and pulled her into a hug. Hyunjin widened her eyes at first, but soon enough hugged her back.

“Just keep being careful.”

Hyunjin closed her eyes and nodded on her shoulder.

“Take care of Yeojin. Your support means everything to her.”

“I’ll never leave her. As soon as we both graduate, we’ll leave here and start anew.”

“Please keep us updated. We’ll do the same.”

“Please do, or we’ll be worried.”

They pulled away and smiled at each other.

“We’ll be going now,” Haseul said. “Let us know when you arrive at Jiwoo’s house.”

“I’ll do. Arrive safely, and stay well.”

Haseul nodded and moved to the front seat. Yeojin rolled the window down and Hyunjin leaned down. “Bye bye, Yeojin.”

Yeojin beamed at her, and Haseul drove away, as they waved goodbye at each other.

Hyunjin let her head fall back, staring at the sky. The night had fallen completely already, the sky a deep blue splashed with bright dots, and of course, the moon, further up now.

She went back inside, walking straight to the kitchen. “Let’s get the blood to Jinsol’s trunk.”

With everyone’s help, they stored the boxes, bottles, and their bags in Jinsol’s luxurious deep blue BMW.

“You sure make a lot of dough.” Hyejoo took a better look at the car.

“Enough to live comfortably.”

“So modest,” Jiwoo chirped.

“I’m gonna get the cats,” Hyunjin said, walking back inside.

Fetching for their transport boxes, she grabbed Diana and put her inside, giving her a few pets before closing it. Selene, though, ran away.

"Selene, it's only for an hour!" Hyunjin rushed after her, and caught her just before she could go under the big couch.

Selene struggled against Hyunjin's grip, trying to bite her hands, and even though it was painful to lock her in the transport box, Hyunjin had to. Those were the moments she was most thankful she was a vampire. Selene could scratch her all she wanted and it wouldn't scar. She gave her a few more pats and grabbed both boxes, heading outside again.

They were already seated in Jinsol's BMW, Jungeun at the passenger's seat, and Jiwoo, Hyejoo and Chaewon in the back seats.

"Selene might be nervous during the ride. Who doesn't mind taking her?"

"Me!" Jiwoo said, and as soon as Hyunjin put the box in her lap, Selene hissed at Jiwoo. "Poor kitty, don't worry, we'll be there in an instant!"

Hyunjin turned to Jungeun. "You'll take Diana, then. She'll probably sleep during the ride."

Jungeun nodded, a small smile showing up on her lips as she looked at Diana and she meowed at her.

"Thanks again, everyone. I'm gonna go get our helmets and then we can go."

Honestly, Hyunjin never wore hers. She was a vampire after all, she had never had an accident, and the rides she usually had to go on were short. But this time, she would ride with Heejin, and an hour-long ride. She took the opportunity to take a last look around the house, make sure she had everything, and at last, she left, locking the door.

“I’ll go ahead, don’t lose my lead,” Jinsol said from the front seat. “I’ll send you the location anyway.”

“Got it.” Hyunjin handed Heejin a black and white helmet, while she wore her own – also yellow.

She hoped on Bumblebee and waited for Heejin to do the same, the same shy arms circling around her torso, and Hyunjin knew she would squeeze them as soon as she took off. Jinsol’s car engine started, and she drove away. Hyunjin knew she had to start Bumblebee, and drive after her, but her eyes were fixed on her house. Home.

“We’ll be back,” Heejin said near her ear. “When this is all over, we’ll be back.”

We.

“Yeah. We will.”

Hyunjin kicked the ground, speeding after Jinsol, and Heejin’s arms squeezed her stomach, as her front pressed against her back.

---

A/N: *high pitched squeals* so, this chapter marks the end of part 2! Hope you all liked this chapter, and please look forward to the next ones, because they'll be more focused on 2jin!!! :DD

I wanna leave my Twitter here again, @itzloonatic, in case you wanna follow me, I always tweet when I update a new chapter! Also, I created a curiouscat in case you wanna say or ask anything, and also also, if you want to support me and my work, here's my ko-fi! Just your support and the fact that you're reading the story so far means the world to me already, so thank you again! ^-^

ALSO, recently I wrote two 2jin one shots, and I'M POSTING ONE OF THEM TOMORROW!!!