Only the Goddess knew

When Blood Meets Silver

The day went by in the blink of an eye, yet the thought didn't leave Hyunjin's mind for a second. The night had fallen, and with it, her beloved full moon was about to show up in the sky.

Hyunjin took the opportunity that Heejin was in the bathroom to sneak outside. She knew if Heejin saw her leaving, she would ask where she was going, and most likely, ask her if she could tag along. It was not like Hyunjin didn't want Heejin by her side to watch the full moon with, just not now. She needed some time alone with the moon to pray. Maybe she had some answers for her.

After looking for a good spot to sit and watch the sky, a bit further back from the house, she sat and looked up. The city lights illuminated the horizon, but not enough to erase the beauty of the full moon, shining at its brightest. Hyunjin smiled, greeting the moon in her mind. How she missed her, like she always did because they could only meet once a month. And how it had been exactly one month ago, in the previous full moon night, that she met Heejin.

Then, her scent reached her nose. Was it so engraved, that all it took now was thinking about her? No. She heard rustle in the trees behind her, and turning her neck, she could see Heejin walking towards her.

Hyunjin waited for her to reach her side and sit to ask the question in her mind.

"How did you find me?"

"I was taking a walk with Jungeun when I saw you." Heejin looked ahead, at the beautiful scenery before them.

"Wait, when? You were in the bathroom when I left. Have I been here for that long?"

Heejin met her eyes now, and laughed. "I'm joking. I asked her to track your scent and bring me to you."

"Wow, stalker."

Heejin punched her arm. "I knew you were out watching the moon and I wanted to do it as well. You mentioned yesterday the full moon was tonight." Heejin stared at the moon again. "It's beautiful. And you're right, it's even bigger and brighter tonight."

Another reason why Hyunjin wanted to go watch the full moon alone was exactly that one. Because it didn't matter if it had been a month since she last saw it, she still could only look at Heejin, and marvel at her side profile, as if she had never done it before.

"It's been a month since we met," Hyunjin blurted. "And since you tried to kill me."

Heejin pouted. "I'm sorry, I didn't know any better."

"I'm joking around. You would never kill me."

"Not now."

"But you wanted to, that night."

"I did. But even if I try to recall what I was feeling that night, I can't. Its's only been a month, but it honestly feels like it's been a year. And I... I feel so bad when I remember how I didn't hesitate in attacking you, and genuinely wanted you dead." Heejin's voice lowered, alongside her head.

"Hey, I was just joking." Hyunjin laid a hand on her arm. "Don't feel bad. As you said, you didn't know any better, but now you do. And look at where we are now."

Heejin raised her head, slowly, turning it to face Hyunjin. "All those bad, hateful feelings, I don't even know them anymore."

"I know. I can feel how they changed over the time, and now I only feel..."

Love.

But Hyunjin couldn't come up with finishing the sentence. It was not forced. The conversation went there naturally, like it was meant to go that way, even if she tried her best to run away from it.

It was as if the moon was guiding her towards it.

"Each one of the full moons in a year has a name," Hyunjin said instead. "June's full moon, the one up in the sky the night we met, is called the Lovers' Moon. Ironic, isn't it?"

Heejin looked her dead in the eye, and Hyunjin gulped, her eyes averting down at their own will. A bang pounded in Heejin's chest, a sound Hyunjin was so used to whenever they were alone.

"You said the heart can denounce people," Hyunjin said. "I can always listen to yours, faster, stronger. Like now"

Heejin reached for Hyunjin's neck, her nails gently scratching on the roots of her hair and her thumb pressing on her pulse point.

"I may not be able to listen to yours, but I can feel it. It's beating just as fast."

"I know. I can feel it myself." It had been Heejin's deep voice that sent it on a rampage, and how slow she was getting closer. "If you could listen to it, you would know it always beats like this when I'm with you."

"Why is that?" Heejin's voice was but a whisper now.

Hyunjin might be opening herself up to Heejin and her own feelings, but she was still a tsundere, and she would not answer that question.

Her heart had already denounced her, so why bother anymore? Only the Goddess knew for how long Hyunjin had wanted nothing more than Heejin, and she was watching over them, blessing them in that same moment. The full moon shone upon them as Hyunjin pulled Heejin closer, her eyes shutting when their lips were just an inch away.

Just the feeling of Heejin's lips on hers was enough to send Hyunjin to the moon, but when they moved and Heejin cupped her cheek as she deepened the kiss, Hyunjin's empowered senses made it ten times more overwhelming. So much that she had to pull away, because her whole body felt like it was on fire.

"S-Sorry, I thought... You wanted it," Heejin said.

Hyunjin inhaled, shame washing over her. "I-I do! It's exactly that! I am sorry, Heejin, it's just... My senses."

They locked eyes, and Heejin's widened. "Hyunjin, your eyes... Did I do something wrong?"

"Not at all." Hyunjin knew how they shone yellow, she could feel them the second Heejin's lips touched hers. Heejin frowned. "When this happened before, I lied to you. It was not because I smelled blood on your arm, or because I was angry, even though I was actually angry."

"Then... why?"

Hyunjin gulped.

"You mean... Oh." Heejin's frown dissipated. "When you helped me with my t-shirt, and when you touched my scar. You were... I didn't know your eyes could activate because of that."

"They activate with a lot of strong sensations, like anger, or in bloodlust... Or just... plain old lust." Hyunjin slid her hands across her own face. "I'm sorry, I couldn't control it. You're just..."

Heejin irked an eyebrow. "I'm just?"

"Too damn beautiful and attractive, Heejin."

There was silence for a few seconds, and Hyunjin couldn't bring herself to look at her.

"I'm glad I'm not a vampire then, because if I was, my eyes would have done that so many times with you already. You would have read me long ago."

Hyunjin faced her again. Though it should have made her heart rampant to hear her put in words what she had hoped to hear from her, it only made her calm, at ease. At home.

"Can I try again?" Heejin whispered.

Hyunjin took a deep breath and nodded.

The same feeling overwhelmed her again, but she fought it and kissed Heejin back with the same intensity, letting a hand pull her body against hers and another dug on her silky brown locks. The same fire prickled under Hyunjin's skin, but not unbearably so anymore.

But then Heejin hopped on her lap and pushed Hyunjin down until her back hit the grass.

"H-Heejin, wait."

Heejin sighed. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I—"

"Wanna go to our room?"

The worry over Heejin's features turned into a smirk. "Lead the way."

They got up on their feet and Hyunjin squatted in front of her. "Up for a ride?"

Heejin hopped on, her arms circling around Hyunjin's shoulders, and her hands on Heejin's thighs. "Hold tight."

Hyunjin sprinted, Heejin's arms tightening the same second. They reached the back of the house in less than a minute.

"Wait, if we go through the front door, they'll give us looks," Heejin said. "And Jiwoo will force us to watch Back to The Future 2."

Hyunjin looked up to the balcony in their room. "This might feel weird in your stomach."

"What-"

With a bigger impulse, Hyunjin jumped, Heejin yelping and holding even stronger now as they rose in the air and landed on the balcony.

"Wow." Heejin breathed.

Hyunjin pulled her in and slid the balcony's glass door close. "They'll know we're here anyway, they probably already smelled us."

Heejin shrugged and walked over to the bedroom's door, turning the lock. "As long as they take the hint."

A single sentence, but Heejin's deep voice sent Hyunjin's knees wobbling.

"Now." Heejin walked over Hyunjin again. "Where were we?"

"Wherever you want to be," Hyunjin mumbled before closing her eyes to Heejin's kiss.

It was deep and messy right from the start, and Hyunjin didn't know for how much longer she could stand on her feet. Never stopping the kiss, she pushed Heejin with her until she hit the bed. Heejin stopped for a second to breathe and to smirk at Hyunjin as she got the hint and laid down. Before Hyunjin followed, she took a moment to look at Heejin. To listen to her fast breathing, to feel her scent.

"What?" Heejin irked an eyebrow. "Did I do something?"

"You are so," Hyunjin crawled over her. "incredibly beautiful."

"And you have the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen.”

Hyunjin stared down at her. “Really?”

“Your regular eyes have the prettiest brown shade, especially in the sun. And then your yellow eyes..." Heejin cupped her cheeks, staring straight into them. "They’re just... inhuman.”

“Regular eyes or yellow eyes, when I look at you, I see the most beautiful woman that has ever and will ever live." Hyunjin bent down, a hand running from Heejin's sides to her neck. “And I also see how much you want me."

The way Heejin pulled her in for another intense kiss told Hyunjin she was right. And she hoped that Heejin could see she wanted her just as much. But instead of just hoping for it, Hyunjin would show it. She pulled away and aimed for her neck instead, leaving kisses and nibbles, and as she inhaled, the scent of Heejin's blood reached her nose.

It flowed so well in her veins, so fast with each of Heejin's heart pumps. Hyunjin's eyes rolled back, and it felt so good, so addictive. Flashbacks popped up in her mind, but it was different now. Hyunjin wasn't hungry - not for blood. She didn't have to fight the hunger, and could finally surrender to the lust, the desire of having Heejin so close and her lips pressed against her skin. She on her pulse point, not knowing if she was teasing Heejin or herself, and Heejin groaned, nails digging on Hyunjin's t-shirt and neck.

Her fangs poked her lower lip, and she gulped, biting on Heejin's earlobe with care.

"Heejin..." she whispered. "My fangs grew. But don't worry, I'm fine. It's normal."

A couple moments of silence, and Hyunjin feared she had ruined everything.

"Let me see," Heejin said.

Hyunjin knew she heard it correct, but it still surprised her. Slowly, she pulled herself up enough to look at Heejin.

Shining yellow eyes; long, sharp fangs. Yet, Heejin looked at her the exact same. Not a pinch of fear or disgust in her eyes.

"You're beautiful," Heejin said, cupping her cheeks, and her thumbs dared to touch her fangs.

"I'm a vampire."

"Yes, and I'm not afraid. I trust you."

Hyunjin smiled, and was about to go for another kiss when Heejin gripped on her arms, and with the strength of a vampire, rolled over her. If she hadn't been taken by surprise, she could break free in an instant. But she didn't want to do that. Surrendering completely at how Heejin had her pinned down and held both her wrists above her head with only her left hand sounded a lot more enticing.

"What was that?" Hyunjin asked, eyes wide.

", I'm sorry, was that too much? I got carried away, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." Heejin blushed and released the grip on her hands. "Damn, I really don't know what I'm doing, huh?"

Hyunjin smiled and pulled Heejin's wrist back to the bed, leaving both her arms above her head so Heejin knew where she had her. "I think you know exactly what you're doing."

Heejin's face relaxed as her smirk came back and she tightened the grip around her wrists once again, this time even stronger.

"You may be a vampire," Heejin whispered, a fingertip pressed against Hyunjin's lips. "But I was trained to always win over one."

Something stirred inside Hyunjin, her senses overwhelming her whole being once more as Heejin kissed her again, her hand snaking under her shirt and nails scratching on her stomach, making her body jerk and press against hers. Heejin chuckled.

"Is this funny to you?" Hyunjin gritted her teeth.

"Very much so."

"You really have no idea what it is to have my senses right now."

Heejin approached her ear. "Weak."

Hyunjin groaned. "I'm not weak."

"Then why was it so easy for me to have you where I want you?"

Fingers grasped on Hyunjin's hair, making her hiss and dive her head back on the pillow. Too fast, wet lips pressed against , and Hyunjin swallowed.

"Have I told you how much I love your tattoos?" Heejin asked.

"That is what you're focused on right now?"

"I finally have you like this, you bet I'm gonna take all the time I want to admire everything about you."

Hyunjin let out a dry chuckle. "So you're just going to keep admiring me while I stand here and suffer?"

"I might end your suffering a little quicker. If you behave."

"What am I even doin-" but Hyunjin's rant was cut off as she inhaled sharply, and her back arched when she felt Heejin's tongue running against her skin, all the way from the base of to her chin.

Hyunjin didn't know if it was part of Heejin's plans to let go of her hair and wrists and take out her t-shirt, but it worked. She shouldn't feel embarrassed, she always slept in a bra, but she wasn't used to having Heejin sitting on her lower abdomen and eating her with her eyes. It wasn't fair as well that Heejin was still fully clothed, so now that Hyunjin had her hands available again, she reached for the hem of her t-shirt.

"Let me," Heejin said, swatting her hands away. "My arm is okay now."

And she really had to smirk like that as she took her t-shirt off, as slowly as she possibly could. Hyunjin her lips, her mind fogging more and more, her eyes fixed on the woman on top of her.

"Should I?" Heejin asked, sliding the bra straps down her shoulders.

"I-If you want to."

"Do you want me to?"

"Yes."

Heejin frowned and slowly pulled one bra strap back up. "That wasn't convincing."

Hyunjin grunted. "Please, Heejin. I really want you to."

Her bra flew above her head, and Hyunjin let out a quiet gasp.

"Goddess..." Hyunjin inhaled.

"I'm right here, and you're calling for your goddess?" Heejin frowned, clicking her tongue.

"But I am calling for you." Hyunjin sat up and pecked her lips. "Jeon Heejin."

Heejin smiled, like a content, proud smirk, as she wrapped her legs around Hyunjin's torso, getting herself comfortable on her lap. Hyunjin looked down, hands resting on her thin waist.

"You're staring," Heejin said.

Hyunjin didn't answer. A hand moved to hover the scar on her chest, like it did the other day, but this time, she could touch it without fearing her eyes would activate. And while she was admiring all of what she could see of Heejin, she seemed to be doing the same, her hands running along Hyunjin's buffed arms, her sides, her back, until their reached her bra.

"Can I?" Heejin whispered.

Without answering again, Hyunjin raised her arms, waiting for her to go on with her request.

"I knew you were lying!" Heejin said, eyes fixed on her chest.

Hyunjin chuckled. "Yeah, I have one more tattoo."

Heejin's fingertips brushed against her skin, right between Hyunjin's s.

"A constellation?" Heejin asked.

"Yes, Orion." Hyunjin looked down at the small dots marking her skin. "It was my brother's favorite."

"It's beautiful."

"You're beautiful."

For so long Hyunjin wanted to tell her those words, now she wouldn't shut up.

"Okay, I think I'm done admiring," Heejin said, getting closer and pushing Hyunjin's body against hers.

The sudden contact, all the skin on skin, and Heejin's lips on her neck made Hyunjin gasp for air and grasp on her shoulders for dear sanity. But Hyunjin didn't know how she would handle her own senses, when it seemed everything Heejin did caused another overwhelming explosion inside of her, the fire burning her body over and over again. And when Heejin bit her neck, and her bold hands reached for her chest, she couldn't hold the moan in the back of .

"H-Heejin..."

"Now, I'm gonna show you exactly how I can make you weak. And you're gonna love it."

---

A/N: :))

I just wanna say that 'She on her pulse point, not knowing if she was teasing Heejin or herself' is one of my favorite quotes, sentences (?) I've ever written. I don't quite know why, I just love it so much, I remember when I was writting this chapter, I wrote that, I paused, and I was like 'holy this is amazing' LMAO

Well I hope you enjoyed this chapter a lot :))))

Twitter - @itzloonatic
CuriousCat - curiouscat.me/itzloonatic
Ko-Fi -  ko-fi.com/itzloonatic