The next new moon

When Blood Meets Silver

“You're sure I didn’t hurt you?” Hyunjin asked, caressing Heejin's hair.

Heejin giggled. "You didn't."

“I was so scared of hurting you, you know. It’s been such a long time since I’ve been with someone. I was afraid I had lost my touch and my ability to control myself.”

“You did amazing. And how long exactly?”

“You’re gonna laugh at me.”

“I won’t!”

“I’ve lost count, but several years.”

Heejin widened her eyes. “Why?"

“As you know, after me and my brother got turned, I got to a rough place. When we were basically mercenaries and killed other vampire clans for money. Well, it was because of it that we could afford our house, but I’m not proud. During those times, I would sleep around a lot. With other vampires, humans sometimes, but that was much riskier. I managed to get through it by demanding it to happen with the lights off so my eyes wouldn't show."

Heejin chuckled. "That sounds like a lot of work. Weren't you scared of being found out?"

"Oh, yeah. But I liked the thrill. The danger of it. I just didn't care about anything, you know?" Hyunjin sighed. "Then my brother died, and while I could have sunk even deeper, I started to value my life just as it was and finally live the kind of life he would have liked me to live."

“You’re a different person now, and that’s what matters.” Heejin kissed her cheek. “But, you’re better at controlling your senses and strength now that you were several years ago. How come you could control it before? I mean, not to use excessive force with humans or something like that?”

Hyunjin stared at her. “To put it simply, Heejin, it was just easier back then. I wasn't as experienced with my senses, but what I experienced in those moments didn't compare in the slightest to what I've been feeling now. This was… so much more intense, in every way. I had never felt like this."

Heejin pecked her lips. "You're so cute."

But Hyunjin didn't smile whatsoever. She kept on fixating Heejin. "I'm serious."

"Maybe it was because you haven't been with someone in a long time."

"No, Heejin. It doesn't have to do with that. It's because I didn't like them the way I like you."

There was silence, and Hyunjin feared what Heejin's answer could be.

"Don't you feel... anything different for me?" Hyunjin risked asking.

"I... I do, I just don't quite know what it is," Heejin said, her hand slightly gripping at Hyunjin's waist. "It all changed so fast, I couldn't process it all. One moment I hated you, then I could tolerate you, and suddenly, I was so attracted to you."

"Tell me about it. But I don't feel like I'm only... attracted to you. I really, really care for you, Heejin. If something happened to you that day, or if anything happens to you because of all this, because of me, I don't know what I would do."

"Hyunjin." Heejin supported herself on her elbow, cupped her cheeks and stared at her eyes. "Nothing will happen to me. And how do you think I feel whenever you say you're going out to hunt?"

Hyunjin smiled, holding her hand. "Let's always be here for each other, then."

"Aren't we already?"

"Yes."

"Also, I want to go back to training. My arm is fine now."

"You sure?"

"You said we wouldn't do anything for a week. It's been a week already."

Hyunjin sighed. "You just want to watch me train, be honest."

Heejin shook her head. "When I remember you took off your shirt on purpose just to show off that day..."

"I don't know what you're talking about, I never did that."

"To fight Jiwoo! And you're always taking off your shirt!"

"Excuse me, it's the Summer, I like to sleep comfortably without any clothes."

"Then sleep ."

"I will now."

"You will?"

Hyunjin shrugged. "Yes. What, you won't be able to hold yourself if I walk around ?"

"Whose eyes activated when they saw me in my bra?"

"Who told you to be so attractive?"

Heejin was about to answer when Hyunjin heard voices. She placed a finger on Heejin's lips, focusing more on her hearing.

"I think they're done," Jungeun said from the hallway.

"Finally!" Chaewon said, and Hyunjin could imagine her rolling her eyes. "I couldn't stand them eating each other with their eyes and doing nothing about it."

"Well, now they did!" Jiwoo said. "I hope they had fun."

Jungeun snorted. "Don't worry, I'm sure they did."

"Alright, bed time. Good night, everyone," Hyejoo said, and after the others wished good night as well, the doors closed.

"What?" Heejin frowned.

"They heard us."

"Well, they're vampires, I knew they would, and I don't care." Heejin rested her head back on Hyunjin's shoulder, snuggling closer and kissing her neck.

"Wanna sleep?" Hyunjin asked, rolling to Heejin's side and hugging her.

"Yeah. Oh, and answering your question, lots of training and self-care. I may hunt vampires, but I still take care of my skin and all."

"That's why you take so long in the bathroom."

"Well, it worked on you."

Hyunjin chuckled, shaking her head, and kissed the top of her head. "Good night, Heejin."

"Good night, Hyunjin."

Hyunjin had been awake for some minutes now. But she wouldn't dare move as she didn't want to wake Heejin up. She slept on her shoulder, and Hyunjin wondered if it was that comfortable.

It felt so liberating, so good and right to finally be able to let the emotions out, instead of ignoring or suppressing them. Hyunjin could stare at her, wonder for the hundredth time how in the moon Heejin was so pretty.

After a few more moments of outlining her features with her eyes, Heejin moved, her eyes slowly coming open. Hyunjin waited for Heejin to met her gaze, the smile already plastered on her face.

"Oh, hey," Heejin said, her barely awake voice sounding hoarser than usual.

"Good morning."

"What time is it?"

"Around ten."

Heejin grunted, scooting closer to Hyunjin's neck.

"Did you sleep well?" Hyunjin asked, her hand caressing her hair.

"Really well. And you?"

"Wonders."

"When did you wake up?"

"A bit ago."

"And you were staring at me while I slept. Creepy."

"Hey, we sleep together, it's not creepy. I didn't barge in your room to watch you sleep without you knowing and without your consent."

Heejin laughed.

"What's funny?"

"You reference Twilight a lot for someone who hates it that much."

"I told you, some things are fine, but others definitely aren't. Like barging in her room to watch her sleep every night without her consent. That is creepy."

"You're right. Now, where's my good morning kiss?"

"I could ask the same."

Heejin supported herself on her elbow, smirking at Hyunjin. "Come and get it."

"Teasing me first thing in the morning, really?"

"It's fun."

Rolling her eyes, Hyunjin cupped her cheeks and brought her to her lips. "Happy now?"

"Yes, and don't pretend you're not."

Hyunjin smiled. "I am. Really, really happy. And you know what I want now? A shower."

"With me."

"Who invited you?" Hyunjin got on her feet and turned to Heejin, big eyes on her face. "Who's staring now?"

"You're , did you expect me not to stare?"

"So are you. Now come, let's go shower."

Heejin jumped from the bed, leading the way to the bathroom, and Hyunjin was sure she was doing it on purpose to again.

The water ran as they waited for it to warm up before getting in the shower. Hyunjin could feel Heejin's eyes on her again.

"Still staring?"

"At your arm. I never get tired of looking at it. It's so pretty and cool."

Hyunjin didn't know what to answer, so she reached for the water, and it was hot already. She hopped on first, and Heejin followed, closing the sliding door.

Only the sound of running water filled the bathroom as they washed in silence. Heejin massaged her hair with Hyunjin's vanilla shampoo, her back turned at her. Hyunjin approached, hands resting on her hips, and lips pressed against her back and shoulders. Heejin's skin felt warm and wet against her lips, a different and new sensation for Hyunjin.

"It tickles," Heejin said.

Hyunjin ignored and kept kissing every inch of skin she could. Heejin spun on her heels, her front turned at Hyunjin now. She closed her eyes as her head fell back, so she could rinse the shampoo in the running water, and that vision would engrave in Hyunjin's mind for as long as she would live. Because, in all her living years, with all the people she had slept with before, no one could even compare.

"You're beautiful," Hyunjin mumbled.

Heejin opened her eyes and looked at Hyunjin from head to toe. "Have you taken a look at yourself? You're the human reincarnation of Selene herself."

Hyunjin irked an eyebrow. "Selene? My cat?"

Heejin snorted a laugh. "The goddess."

"Oh. You know Selene."

"I've been doing my research. But I mean, she's the goddess of the moon, mother of all vampires... it's literally you."

"I'm no mother of all vampires. Also, her story is a bit tragic."

"Kind of, but you're old and wise and you've been taking care of a few vampires, and a few slayers as well. Aren't you like a goddess yourself?"

Hyunjin shook her head. "Why were you researching about it?"

"Oh, I might be working on something."

"Working on what?"

"You'll see."

Hyunjin's lips turned into a sad pout. "Tell me."

A small gasp escaped Heejin's lips. "Acting cute again?"

Since she was at it, Hyunjin spun on her heels and crossed her arms. "Don't tell me, then."

Heejin squealed, her front pressing against her back and arms around her stomach. "Jinsol does say you're a softie."

"Yes, I'm not the cold hearted I seem to be."

"But that's quite charming. You're soft when you can be, and strong when you need to be."

Hyunjin turned again, facing Heejin. "I hope I can always be strong when I need to be."

"You will." Heejin kissed her lips. "And I promise I'll show you what I'm working on when it's done. I can give you a little spoiler... You're gonna love it."

"Wow, but that is obvious."

Heejin shrugged and reached for the shower gel to wash her body. "Wait just a bit more."

They finished their shower and dressed up, ready to go downstairs to have breakfast. Everyone was already there, serving themselves with bottles while Chaewon made toast. All eyes were fixed on them as they went down the stairs, Chaewon and Jungeun visibly holding smirks.

"Good morning!" Jiwoo said. "Did you guys sleep well? You're up later than usual."

"Yeah," Jungeun said, leaning back on her chair with crossed arms and a self-righteous smirk on her lips. "Weren't they not letting people sleep last night? If they stayed up late, of course they're gonna sleep in."

Hyunjin lowered her head and scratched the back of her neck. "Okay, I deserved that."

Heejin threw her a confused look, which Hyunjin averted.

"Of course we slept well, we always do," Hyunjin said in an effort to change the subject. "Do you want me to cook something, Heejin?"

"Oh, no, I'll make myself something."

"Hey, how about me?" Chaewon protested.

"You're eating toast already," Hyejoo said, leaning against the counter. "I told you to wait for Hyunjin and she would cook something, but you said you were too hungry."

"I'll cook something good for lunch." Hyunjin got herself a bottle from the fridge.

"What are we doing today?" Jungeun asked.

"I suggested we go back to training, and Hyunjin agreed," Heejin said. "My arm is fine now, so is Chaewon's leg. We had a good week to rest, but we can't simply stop. We still have a mission."

"I agree." Hyejoo nodded.

"But, where are we gonna train now?" Chaewon asked.

"We don't have our training grounds, but we still have a pretty big backyard and the woods around us. I will also take Hyejoo with me at night, and that's also training," Hyunjin said.

"You're gonna go back to hunting?" Chaewon gasped.

"Of course. I cannot slack off, and it's great training for Hyejoo."

Hyejoo smiled and held up her fist, and Hyunjin bumped it with hers, matching the smile.

"I guess that without all the equipment we had in your training grounds, the best way for us to practice is individual training, and fighting among ourselves," Hyejoo said.

"You're absolutely right. We won't evolve if we keep fighting opponents with the same strength as us. Jiwoo, you can't go easy on us."

Jiwoo, the always sweet, caring and bubbly girl, had fire burning in her eyes. "Don't expect me to."

Jungeun gulped. "You guys have a death wish. You saw what she is capable of! She kicked Hyunjin's last time!"

Jiwoo let out a loud, almost evil laugh. "Stop being afraid, Lippie. You said you still wanted to beat me. And I'm still waiting for that to happen."

"This is not a competition, guys." Hyunjin shook her head. "But if that motivates you to work harder, go ahead."

"You bet it motivates me!" Jiwoo balled a fist.

"Alright, we start in the afternoon. Enjoy the morning," Hyunjin said.

The girls chatted animatedly, challenging each other, while Hyunjin fetched her phone from her pocket. She had someone to message.

[Hyunjin]
You were right. She feels the same.

She pocketed her phone, but the answer came almost instantly.

[Jinsol]
YOU LYING?! DID YOU GUYS...

Hyunjin giggled, flashes from the previous night popping up in her mind, making her cheeks red.

[Hyunjin]
I don't know, did we?

[Jinsol]
YOU DID! CONGRATS, IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME COMING!

[Hyunjin]
Well, at least I had some. While you... :)
But maybe you could, you know. If only you TALKED TO YERIM.

Tired bodies hit the couches after dinner.

"That was a great comeback, everyone. We didn't get rusty at all with the resting period," Hyunjin said.

Heejin rested her head on her shoulder. "It felt good to fight again. I missed my blades."

"It was great!" Jiwoo stretched her arms up.

"Of course it was, you kicked everybody's !" Chaewon said, sulking on her seat.

"One day, Gowon, one day." Hyejoo patted her head.

Jiwoo was about to grab the TV remote to look for something to watch, when Jungeun's hand gripped her arm. "What is it, Lippie?"

"Guys..." Jungeun's widened eyes were fixed on her phone. "Yeonjun messaged me."

"What?!" Jiwoo and Hyunjin shouted in unison.

"I told you not to contact anyone yet!" Hyunjin frowned.

"I didn't! We don't have our sim cards activated, he messaged me on Twitter."

"Twitter?" Chaewon frowned.

"She likes to keep up with her idols," Jiwoo said.

"S-Shut up, Jiwoo!"

"How do you know it really is him?" Heejin asked.

"He sent me a pic." Jungeun turned the phone to everyone. "He said he spammed us with messages that were never delivered, and messaging me on Twitter was his last option."

Everyone kept silent, waiting for Jungeun to continue.

"So... What did he say?" Hyejoo asked.

Jungeun sighed, and looked down at her phone again. "I don't know where you are, but I know you and Jiwoo are alive," she read. "Jinyoung and Jaebum for sure know you ran away, but they don't give a , I guess they don't want traitors with them. We've been recruiting even more vampires lately, it's insane, and we're scared." Jungeun paused and took a deep breath, looking around before finishing it. "They're planning to attack the Silver Blades on the next new moon."

---

A/N: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE LOVE ON THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!!! It makes me so happy to know you loved it! ♥

The action is coming back soon but THERE'S STILL A BIT OF FLUFF BEFORE!!! 

Twitter - @itzloonatic
CuriousCat - curiouscat.me/itzloonatic
Ko-Fi -  ko-fi.com/itzloonatic