seven

High School Sweethearts

Iseul looks at the list of things that Yiseo needs for her drawing class in the following week, the sisters are walking around the area while Yiseo munching on her chocolate bun that Iseul brought earlier. The older sister looks into several art supply shops and then decides to buy some from a shop just around the corner because most of Yiseo’s supply are available in the store. She was crouching down to pick some drawing books and asking Yiseo which one she wants because there are several covers of the drawing books, but her sister isn’t responding at all. So Iseul looks up, afraid that she might be off somewhere.

“What are you looking at, Yiseo-ah?”

The girl points at someone standing on Iseul’s right, she turns around and sees Baekhyun awkwardly waves at Yiseo before laughing when Iseul realizes it’s him.

“Baek? What are you doing here?”

Iseul stands up while holding Yiseo’s hand, “Buying some things to train my ability to draw, how about you? Buying some art supplies too?” he raises the shopping basket on his left hand. “Yeah, she needs some for her art class next week and that’s a lot of pen,” Iseul mentions the liner pen in Baekhyun’s basket. “Yeah, both my mom and brother also need some.” Iseul raises her brows at the mention of his mother and he seems to realize that, “Well, my mom is the designer at home. Privé is pretty much her own playground,” Iseul than nods along. Then she feels a tug at her hand and she realized she hasn’t introduce Yiseo to Baekhyun yet.

“Ah, forgot to introduce you both. Yiseo-ah, this is my friend, Baekhyun-oppa. Baek, this is my sister, Yiseo.” Iseul leads the younger girl to accept Baekhyun’s handshake, the boy lowers himself to be at least the same height as the little girl and smiles as they shake hands.

“Hello, Yiseo. It’s very nice to meet you,” Baekhyun smiles and the little girl widely grins, “Oppa’s very handsome,” she comments as if its normal for her to say. Baekhyun chuckles and slightly tap her cheeks.

“That came out casually,” Iseul laughs as she shakes her head at her sister’s casual remark, “I think Yiseo’s a sweet talker,” Baekhyun comments and Iseul nods along as she looks at her sister. “

Baekhyun’s phone rings and he fishes it out of his pocket as he murmurs excuse me to the sisters, “Hello? Yup, got it, got it, also got it.” he looks at his basket. “Yeah, alright. Okay, I will. Bye mom,” he hangs up and shakes his head, “Are you going?” Iseul asks but this time she’s already crouching down to get the drawing book for Yiseo. “Yeah, that’s my cue. It’s really nice to see you, Yiseo-ah.” Baekhyun smiles as she lightly ruffles the little girl’s hair, Yiseo smiles back at him. Iseul is about to stand up as she already choose a drawing book and as if he knows she’s about to lose her balance, he grabs her hand. Iseul thanks him and he just smiles at her as he nods along.

“See you at school,” he waves his hand before walking to the cashier to pay for his items.

“That oppa’s handsome, unnie.” Yiseo brightly says as if she discovers a new thing, Iseul smiles at the rremark as they go to another part of the story to look for the coloring pen.

“Do you really think so?” Yiseo esthatically nods along and Iseul just laughs at her sister’s honesty.

 


 

“Took you a while, did you stop for a drive-thru?”

Mrs. Byun gives her son a look as he put down the bag on the living room table, “That, among other things.” he pulls out everything he buys including some snack. Mrs. Byun observes Baekhyun’s face and put down her magazine, “What other things?” she teases him.

Baekhyun sighs at his mom’s curiosity, “I met Iseul and her sister at the art supply store and we talked for a while, that’s all.” he shrugs as he walks away to the kitchen to look for some cold drinks. Mrs. Byun nods along as she reads her magazine back but certainly can’t help but giggling. Baekhyun takes out a cold soda before walking back to the living room to take his snack, “Mom, stop giggling. It’s getting creepier,” Mrs. Byun puts down her magazine.

“Nothing, I’m just excited to see you genuinely excited about someone. Last week’s sight is a rare sight, so is today’s sight.” Mrs. Byun nods at the music room and then continues to read her magazine as if nothing happens. Baekhyun just chuckles before taking his snacks upstairs.

Baekhyun lays down on the couch in his room while scrolling down his social media, he clicks on Iseul’s account and scroll down on her thirty posts. There are at least 10 photos of her younger sister, Yiseo. She seems to really loves her and enjoy taking care of the younger girl. A couple of swimming-related posts and an old family photo with the caption ‘remembrance’ on it. Baekhyun looks at the family photo of four and believes that Iseul resembles her father while Yiseo seems like to take after her mother. He then moves to the tagged tab and sees a lot of her photos, mostly taking a podium for swimming. His attention quickly shifted to a video of Iseul and probably her friends, they’re sitting in a half circle and one of them plays a guitar. Baekhyun quickly recognizes the song, Our First Song by Joseph Vincent. They look like they’re just fooling around but somehow the manage to create a beautiful cover of the song.

He unconsciously smiles and press the watch again.

 


A/N: HELOOO EVERYONEE!! I'M STILL ALIVE lol

I'm so sorry for kind of disappearing for quite some time but the last term was so hard and I had a lot of things to do with three practical training classes. Although being done online, those classes still managed to kill me so I had difficulty writing (aka writer's block) and finding the time. Since now I don't have any classes left, only thesis research left, so yeah I'm almost a pharmacists ahahahaha

anyways, I would like to apologize for the short and ty update but I just feel like I owe you all something so here's a ty chapter:( Will try to update again as soon as possible, I just feel like I need to emphasize that baekhyun is interested in Iseul that much xixixi 

DONT FORGET TO PRE ORDER OUR SUHO'S COMEBACK ALBUM!!

Have a nice day, see you soon!