thirteen

High School Sweethearts

Iseul is brushing her hair when her father tells her that Baekhyun’s downstairs already, she smiles to herself before looking at herself for one last time in the mirror. She grabs her bag and heads downstairs to see her boyfriend talking with her father on the couch while Yiseo is playing with her mini kitchen thingy that her father got for her birthday earlier this year. Mr Jung notices his oldest daughter walks down the stairs and Baekhyun follows his glance to the stairs as well.

“Well, isn't this the birthday girl?”

“Dad,” Iseul rolls her eyes at her father’s words but can't help to laugh it off, “Happy birthday a million times!!” Yiseo quickly gets on her feet to run towards her even though the younger girl already said happy birthday to her in the morning. “Thank you a million times as well, love.” Iseul hugs the little girl, Yiseo is unusually energetic in the morning or it’s probably the sugar rush caused by the birthday cheesecake that their father put out in the morning, somehow Mr Jung manages to slip the cheesecake tart between the boxes of kimchi and milk in the fridge. Yiseo is definitely having a blast with cheesecake as breakfast.

“Ah, there you are birthday girl,” Baekhyun says, changing Iseul’s attention from her sister to her boyfriend. “Ah, there you are my boyfriend.” Mr Jung can be heard laughing at his daughter's antique, Baekhyun shakes his head as he laughs along.

“Ready to go?” she nods to his question, “Unnie will be back okay honey?” Iseul kisses Yiseo’s cheek as Baekhyun bids goodbye to Mr Jung.

“Remind me to buy some macarons because I might have just agreed to a bribe with Yiseo for taking you away,” Bekhyun says as they walk together to the bus stop, “Ah, my little sister, the professional bribe taker.” Iseul can picture her sister’s expression when agreeing on the macarons with her boyfriend.

“Anyway, where are we going? You haven’t told me where you’re going to take me.” Iseul turns to Baekhyun as they wait for the bus along with a few people at the bus stop, “Just saying that I’m going a bit extra for this one,” Baekhyun doesn’t give anything away on where he’s going to take her. He just said that he’d take her out for possibly the whole day on the phone the day before and when she asked him what should she wear, he gave her his classic cheeky lines of ‘you can wear anything, you always look pretty anyway’. Iseul swears she could hear his smile along that line as well.

The bus came and they got a seat at the back because he said it will be a while to get there, it’s been almost three weeks now since they officially become a couple and they’ve pretty much told their friends and family. Iseul’s dad of course knows, Baekhyun’s family especially his mom is ecstatic to hear the news (his brother threw something along the line of I thought you would end up marrying Chanyeol or something), while their group of friends were screaming so much that no one understands what each of them saying on the call.

Baekhyun was being genius and decided to do a group video call while they were on a date a week ago, he just started to ask them what are they doing and the normal stuff they’d usually do during the call. Kai and Eunji were enjoying a stroll together and said that they were coming home in three days, Sehun was working out at home, Chanyeol was chilling in the airport lounge because he was flying back to Seoul from his family vacation, and Soyeon was getting a massage because she said she was really stressed out. The call was normal until Soyeon squints her eyes closer to the screen before asking about the new bracelet on Iseul’s hand, when Iseul just sheepishly smile at that, Soyeon notices something and quickly scream:

“OH MY , ARE YOU GUYS OFFICIALLY A COUPLE NOW?”

She said it so loud that the person massaging her stopped for a while before continuing again after Soyeon apologized to her.

The group call then began to get loud to the point that Baekhyun had to turn down the volume because a couple of people around their table started to look where the yelling and screaming were coming from.

“Jeez, I thought you guys would be cool.” Iseul commented on their reaction and the feedback is getting louder because Soyeon was saying something along the line of ‘are you kidding me? Cool about this?’ and Chanyeol was also saying things like ‘Baekhyun has a ing girlfriend, this is a dream come true!’

The group call went on for half an hour before Chanyeol said he needed to board the plane and one by one said goodbyes to the couple.

I need to go to the spa, again, I’m so happy for both of you. Baekhyun for man his up and you, Iseul, for finally putting a label on this dude. See you guys!

Iseul laughed at Soyeon’s remark, she really has a way to say anything. Sehun also left the call because he needs to win a bet with his brother on how long he could do the treadmill but not before saying congrats to Iseul and putting his thumb up for Baekhyun.

Well done, we’re no longer the only couple in the group and finally someone great for Baekhyun.” Eunji said when it’s just them on the call, “I’m pretty sure there will be a lot of broken hearts and tears all around the school after the summer break.” Iseul added to that but Baekhyun just laughed.

“Nah, don’t pay attention to them.” Baekhyun softly rubbed her hand on his grip, “Yup, they’re just being busybodies. Honestly, so happy for you both guys.” Kai agreed with him.

Baek,” Eunji called out and the said guy looked at the phone, “Take care of her, okay? I’d break our friendship if you ever hurt her.” Eunji warned him. For a while, it looks more like Eunji is Iseul’s long-time friend who just approved Baekhyun as her boyfriend.

Baekhyun looked at Iseul and then smiled

“Of course,”

 


 

“This way please,”

Baekhyun and Iseul are being ushered by a waiter after Baekhyun said his name for the reservation. He doesn’t kid when he said he goes extra, he reserved a great table at the restaurant on top of the namsan tower. Iseul feels relief that she chooses a midi-length dress for this occasion, it’s her favourite floral dress with little flowers all over it. not too overwhelming with its soft red and pink colour. Baekhyun keep staring at her while they were on the bus and now he’s staring at her after they’re seated. Iseul is settling her bag and then looks at her boyfriend who crosses his arms on the table and then looks at her as if she’s the first flower that blooms after the long cold winter.

Yes, her boyfriend. Iseul feels giddy at the thought of saying it out loud.

“What are you smiling at?” Baekhyun asks when he hears her chuckle, she just shakes her head while letting out a smile that she uses after laughing at her own thoughts.

A waiter comes by to give them the menu and then explains some of their specials of the day, Baekhyuns thanks him as the waiter steps aside to let them view the menu. Iseul notices the waiter moves aside so she leans towards him, “Can you pick? I really don’t mind anything,” Iseul says to him and he just smiles at his girlfriend’s request.

“Just no salmon, right?”

Iseul nods at that and then lets him choose for them, in return, she put her chin on her left arm and just looks at him without saying anything. Baekhyun reads the whole menu and then calls the waiter back after decides the food and drinks.

“Thank you,” Baekhyun thanked the waiter and then looks at Iseul who’s still looking at him, “You know it’s impolite to stare at someone this close-up for so long,” he teases her and she just laughs at that.

“I don’t think it’s impolite to admire your partner, I’m the birthday girl, I get to do what I want for the day.” Iseul shrugs as she leans back in her seat, being with him somehow changes Iseul. She feels more confident in her own way and all those teasings he gave her for the past few months, grow on her and somehow levelled up her flirting with him. The boy is amused at first because she used to be shy with all his teasings and flirtings, he never had the urge to deliberately flirt with someone before Iseul. He always seems aloof to a lot of people outside his group of friends so girls like Jiyoung and her friends think that he’s flirting when he just politely greets them back. Baekhyun holds back a lot of cheeky comments at the start of getting to know Iseul but since the girl has become more and more comfortable with him, their cheeky comments at each other and their inside jokes are exploding. Soyeon would have a lot to say about that later.

“Happy birthday, told you we’re still doing this on your birthday.” Baekhyun holds her hands on the table, he still remembered their conversation months ago.

“How did you….?” she asks as she looks around surely there aren’t any other high schoolers sitting and having lunch in that restaurant, “A little bit of this, a little bit of that. It’s your birthday, don’t worry about anything else.” he answers her.

“This is too nice, thank you.”

“Oh, you haven’t seen everything, honey.”

The meals start to come, Baekhyun orders combinations of her favourite foods as most of their meals have either pasta or tuna in them. Iseul points it out and he just chuckles at it, saying that it’s iseupecial. He then says he knows quite a lot of good restaurants and hidden gems that have a lot of pasta and tuna on their menu. He wants to take her to those places, Iseul says they could start food blogging from all the restaurants they’ve been to.

They then talk about how the new term is coming and the audition phase in the swimming team going right after they go back to school. Iseul mentions how excited she is because she’d be doing it with him and how big the chance is for them to go to competitions together. Baekhyun listens to her contently, puts all of his focus on her.

True to what he said earlier, a chocolate ganache tart with stars decoration around it comes out in the middle of their lunch. Around a group of ten staff come and sing happy birthday to her and wait for her to blow out the candles. One of the waiters tells her that the cake will be delivered as previously requested (by none other than Baekhyun).

After lunch, Baekhyun takes her to the observatory deck to see the view. “You know we keep going to a tall building on our birthday, we might end up with no tall buildings left later on.” Iseul comments after he takes a photo of her near one of the telescopes overlooking the city, “We can always climb some mountains, I heard those are trending for couples.” Baekhyun says and Iseul throws him some questionable looks.

“I may have the strength to swim in a huge Olympic grade pool but I don’t think I have the same strength for hiking,” Iseul says as they walk to another spot because she’s holding a lock that he got and they want to find a spot for it.

“Neither do I, sweetheart. Hey, what about there?” Baekhyun points at a spot where there are still spaces and fewer people around it. Iseul looks at it and then nods, “When did you prepare this anyway?” Iseul seems to be amused at how quickly he got them the locks right after they went out of the restaurant. Baekhyun just smiles at the question as he makes sure the locks are tightly locked, “I have my own way,” he shrugs as they look at their locks together.

“You know I thought I’d never do this with a boyfriend,” Iseul quips, Baekhyun furrows his brows at the statement. They’re currently standing close to each other, facing the scenery. Iseul turns her body to face him and now they’re facing each other, he’s still holding her hand and then raises his brows because he senses she’s about to continue.

“I thought that I’d never find someone who’s as in love with me as you do, hell, I don’t even think about boyfriends before. But you…. You’re just…..” Iseul looks at their intertwined hands and then looks up to see his face, “Amazing, understanding, and….. thank you. Really,” she gives him the smile that he loves.

“I should be the one who thanks you, you’ve changed so much in me, for the better, in these past few months. I definitely feel not as aloof as people thought I was,” he caresses her cheek before pulling her for a hug,

“And tell me this is way too emotional for a birthday without telling me it is,”

Iseul still hasn’t let go of her jokes and Baekhyun just laughs at her witty comment.

“Anyway, remember that musical you mentioned before we went on vacation?” he asks as they let go of each other but still holding hands, “Yeah, why?” Iseul asks him back. Baekhyun sheepishly pulls out something from his pocket and Iseul stops her track.

“Holy….. mac and cheese,”

Baekhyun laughs at her reaction, “But it was all sold out, how did you get it? I mean, of course you can, but how? It was sold out like two months ago!”

He lets her take the ticket from his hand as they walk to leave the tower area, “Just some calls to the right people, you literally can’t stop talking about it and it’s only shown once on your birthday. Surely I have to get it,” he tilts his head and she smiles brightly at him.

“You don’t need to do this but thank you! I don’t know how many thank you I will be saying today,” Iseul gushes as she holds his arm with both of her hands.

The musical theatre is in the same complex so they decided to take a walk because it’s not really far from where they are. The trees surrounding the area also help with the rising heat of summer, there are a lot of people and couples around taking photos. They also stop a couple of times to take pictures, this time it’s Iseul who nudges him to take several photos. Baekhyun clearly loves to take pictures and not be the one photographed but he still listens to her request.

“For someone who doesn’t love being photographed, you sure look good in all of these.” Iseul mutters as she scrolls their photo, Baekhyun looks amused at her remark.

“Oh, of course, Yiseo said I’m the most handsome guy she ever meet, second to your dad. That’s a pretty great approval rating,” Iseul chuckles at him boasting her sister’s praise of him.

As they continue to walk to the theatre, Iseul realizes that the musical theatre is within walking distance from where they eat and in a great part of the city where there are quite a lot of trees surrounding them. Baekhyun must have planned it, she doesn’t know what else he got for her but these memories are the most important ones he gives to her. Baekhyun talks about how he loves going to this particular theatre because of the unique architecture both in and outside the building. She notices how he loves designing things or takes a really good look at some interiors wherever they go, he sure gets that from his mom. She loves listening to him talk about the thing he is passionate about because his eyes would have that twinkle she loves to see from him.

 


 

“SURPRISEE!!!!!”

Iseul covers her ears from the loud cheering and blown confetti thrown at her the moment she and Baekhyun step into the den. He says he forgot something in the den and they just need to retrieve it before they go home but surely that’s just a scenario.

“I knew it, you lied!”

Iseul points at Baekhyun who’s standing behind her, the guy just laughs at the accusation. “Soyeon threaten me last night, she said to take you to the den or I’m barred from the den forever.” Baekhyun raises his arms in front of his chest as if he’s surrendering, “Well, I’m not going to let him hog you o your birthday. Besides, it’s still summer break so we have to celebrate it on the day.” Soyeon says excitedly as she comes forward with a huge birthday cake in her hands, all candles lighten up.

“This is the fourth birthday cake I got today, that’s a lot. But thank you guys, seriously.”

Iseul smiles as she looks at the other birthday cake inside the paper bag that Baekhyun’s holding for her, given by the musical cast after the performance. She doesn’t know how Baekhyun made the whole cast of her favourite musical sing happy birthday and wishes her a lot of nice wishes.

“Make your wish,” Eunji who’s standing beside her says and for like the hundredth time that day, Iseul closes her eyes to wish upon something before blowing out all the candles.

Chanyeol and Kai blow out some more confetti after the candles are blown out, “Come on! Sehun cooks a lot for you!” Soyeon says as they all usher her to sit on the sofas. “I made a lot of pasta, you should bring some for Yiseo and your dad too.” Sehun points at all the food on the table, “Wow, you sure have a busy day making all of these, thank you.” Iseul thanks him as she takes a seat.

“Thank you for getting me out of the office. Although I have to listen to Soyeon’s nonstop complaints throughout the day, I’d take it for a day off.” Sehun says, “And thank you for having a birthday on Thursday because one of my sisters is so going to be told off and I’m not sticking around to see a ship sinking. Although I missed being in the front row,” Soyeon sound very enthusiastic about it as she takes a drink.

“Which one is it?” Chanyeol asks Soyeon and the dinner starts with Soyeon filling them up with what she’s been working on and how one of the sisters manage to mess it up. This is their first hangout since the summer vacation and they have a lot to tell one another, especially Chanyeol with more stories from Iceland and its uniqueness. Iseul miss all the chaotic banter between Soyeon and Chanyeol with Sehun occasionally butting in to gang up with the other male against his cousin. The foods are cooked by Sehun while the big jug of margarita (although the one that Eunji consume definitely not a and contains quite a bit of alcohol) is made by Eunji.

“I’m not falling for that, I can smell tequila all the way from here.” Baekhyun points at Kai who’s laughing when Eunji pours her own jug for him.

 “You tricked me on my birthday, all of you, I’m not falling for that.” Baekhyun accuses the whole table except Iseul. “Hey, we’re all tricked by that guy over there, I didn’t even realize it’s a real martini until my third glass or something!” Chanyeol points at Kai who just shrugs and the debate on whose fault was it on Baekhyun’s birthday starts. This isn't the first time Iseul sees them drunk although, in Eunji’s defence, the alcohol in all of the cocktails she made is not a lot (“But you made like three big jugs, who’s not drunk after all that?” Chanyeol says).

“You gotta be careful with these two devils,” Baekhyun says to Iseul while pointing at Kai and Eunji who instantly throws him some french fries, “Don’t blame me, the alcohol smell was so strong, you gotta be an idiot for not smelling it.” Kai defends himself and his girlfriend who curled up beside him. Iseul laughs at that.

The birthday party goes on until around eight when Soyeon blabbering nonsense after Eunji’s concoction filled her up, Chanyeol’s plays some random tune on the piano, and Sehun shakes his head on being the soberest out of the others except Iseul and Baekhyun. Iseul is amazed at all the festivity happening all at once, “Sorry, we shouldn’t be the one getting all drunk and stuff on your birthday.” Sehun shakes his head after getting Soyeon to a room they have. Eunji is sitting in the other corner of the room while Kai is sitting right next to Chanyeol on the piano.

“I should be getting drunk as well but underage drinking currently isn't on my bucket list,” Iseul shakes her head and then Sehun runs to keep Kai from falling down and splash his drink all over the piano, “Do you want to stay around to see how long can those two guys sit straight on the piano?” Baekhyun nods at the two pianists. Iseul laughs for some more before shaking her head, “Can we go home?” Iseul whispers. Baekhyun nods at the request, he gets up and held out his hand for her to do the same.

“We’re leaving now, I’m getting her home.” Baekhyun tells Sehun who just gets back from the counter after taking all glasses from Kai and Chanyeol’s sight.

“Yeah, sure. Happy birthday again, Seul!” Sehun nods, “Thank you, once again, for all of these. I’ll make sure Yiseo eats all of these,” Iseul thanked him while nodding to the paper bags with several boxes of his cooking that Baekhyun’s holding.

“You’re okay here, man?” Baekhyun asks while looking at their surroundings, “It’s not my first rodeo with all these drunkards. You go get her home safe—!” Sehun taps Baekhyun's shoulder before running towards Chanyeol who’s falling backwards with Kai laughing his off, not realizing what’s happening but sure he hears the loud thud.

“Let’s go,” Baekhyun just shakes his head as he takes Iseul to leave the den with him, “Wow, I thought your birthday party would be the wildest one.” Iseul says when they enter the elevator. “Yeah, that was surreal. You’re okay?” Baekhyun asks her and she nods, “This was a lot of fun, have to admit I kind of miss them all.” Iseul smiles as they come out of the elevator. She notices the familiar black car waiting in front and then turns to look at Baekhyun who nods.

“Good evening and may I say happy birthday, miss?” Jungwoo, the chauffeur politely smiles at Iseul as he opens the car door for her. “Thank you, that’s very nice of you.” Iseul thanks him politely as she slides into the car. Baekhyun enters the car from the other door after putting all the bags he’s holding in the trunk.

Iseul checks several messages on her phone as they’re going to her house, her dad just sends her a picture of Yiseo messing with apples that he cut. Baekhyun also scrolled his phone, answering Sehun’s question on where are the towels or did anyone buy a new mop after a star wars-esque lightsabers shenanigans that happened right before the summer break between him and Chanyeol.

“Is Sehun okay? Should we get back?” Baekhyun laughs as he shakes his head to her question, “He’ll be fine, the most important thing is that you enjoy your birthday not cleaning up the mess they made themselves.” he assures her as he puts his phone away. Iseul then nods along to that as she puts away her phone. She feels that he’s staring at her so she looks up from her phone to see her boyfriend just smiling at her.

“Do you enjoy your birthday, birthday girl?” he asks her as he reaches out to hold her hand, Iseul nods in response. “You’ve done so much, I feel like I have to level up on your next birthday.” she fakes a scowl but he lets out a hearty laugh at it, he pulls her closer as if they’re not sitting close enough. “You don’t have to do much, really. You already gave me three birthdays worth of gift anyway,” she looks up at him with a frown, “You let me be your boyfriend, that’s a really nice gift.” he answers her confusion and the girl can’t help but laughs.

“You can’t blame me for being cheesy when you keep saying these things,” Iseul chortles at his flirt that doesn’t feel to go away anytime soon.

“You’re kind of say yes to me and that part of me, it all came in a package, ma’am.”

 


 

Iseul thanks Jungwoo after the man finishes taking out everything from the trunk and put it on her front porch. Baekhyun catches her after taking out something that she’s not familiar with, she squints her eyes to see what he’s holding on to.

“This is the last one, I promise.” Baekhyun says after he’s standing right in front of her with a grey box, “What is this?” Iseul asks him and he nods to let her open it.

“It’s called eternal rose, I think? I saw this and thought of you so…” he explains after she opens the box and sees beautifully arranged roses in it.

“Wow….” Iseul murmurs at the sight of the roses and then looks at him with a smile, she then looks back to make sure her dad hasn’t come out or opened the door yet. She tiptoes to give him a peck on his lips, “Thank you,” she says as she backs down. Baekhyun smiles as he lets her take the box away from her.

Just on time, the front door is opened and Yiseo barge through her sister to get to Baekhyun. “And there she goes, wow….. These are a lot of things,” Mr Jung says after he looks at the paper bags in front of his door and the box Iseul’s holding on to.

“Hey uncle, sorry for hogging Iseul for the whole day.” Baekhyun apologizes as he picks Yiseo up, “Nah, don’t worry, I’ve seen her all my life, sure a couple of hours away doesn’t hurt me. Thank you, Baek.” Mr Jung waves his hand to let him know it’s okay. Baekhyun then gives Yiseo about the macarons he bought for the little girl while the little girl’s dad shakes his head and says that he’s losing to Baekhyun every single day.

Baekhyun politely laughs in response and even helps the older man to get all the bags inside while still holding Yiseo in his arms. He spends some time talking some more with Mr Jung before bidding goodbye to them all. Iseul waves at him while leaning on her door frame and watches the car leaves.

“This is definitely an extra birthday, your favourite one so far?” her dad comments after Iseul closes the door, she laughs at the question.

“My favourite still is that one time you and mom took me to Lotte World and let me eat cotton candy the whole day, dad.” Iseul shakes her head, her dad then tells her that there were birthday cake deliveries and she realizes those are the cakes she got from the restaurant and the musical. She then gives the food that Sehun cooked before excusing herself to clean up (and tells Yiseo to go easy on the macarons). She takes the box of flowers upstairs as well, putting it on top of her desk before opening it again to see the beautiful red and white roses all lined up perfectly inside the box. She smiles to herself, feeling all giddy from everything they did for the day. Baekhyun definitely made today a very special day for her when a day out with him for the day is enough for her, he gives her so much more.

He’s scared he doesn’t give you enough gifts or something so he asked me if I can coerce everyone to throw you a party on the d-day.Soyeon whispers to her when they’re washing their hands, Iseul raises her brows.

“Really?” Soyeon nods at that and Iseul clearly amused at the response.

“But judging from the glee on your face when you came in, he’s definitely just being insecure for nothing.”

Iseul takes a small black card from the corner of the box and smiles as soon as she reads what’s written on it,

Here’s to many more birthdays, happy birthday love

 


Good morning,”

“Morning, wow, can’t wait to tell the whole school you guys are officially a thing?” Soyeon teases Baekhyun and Iseul whom she’s walking towards the school building with, Iseul just laughs at it.

“I’m pretty sure Baekhyun’s birthday post for her three weeks ago pretty much sealed the announcement. Tortilla chips?” Chanyeol shows up with a bag of tortilla chips in his hands, “How did you get that in the morning?” Iseul asks the tall guy.

“Sehun brought some, he said his mom making a bunch of these.” Chanyeol shrugs as he lets the others have some of his chips, “Oh yeah, his mom is going to release sort of an in-house chip soon or something. She’s talking about it with my mom who’s asked to design some kind of vending machine but not vending machine for her café.” Baekhyun tells them what he remembers.

“Yeah, but he hasn’t shared anything other than some prototypes like weeks ago or something. Ooh, this one’s good though. I’d definitely buy these,” Soyeon says as soon as she tastes the chips, “Thank you, my mom’s gonna appreciate that.” Sehun comes out of nowhere as they’re walking to their lockers.

“Ooh, anyone wants some taco bell? I’m planning on getting some for the break with Yeol,” Sehun asks them as they go to their respective lockers, “Oh no no, I’m not getting it with you. Take Kai,” Baekhyun shakes his head after he puts his bag in his locker. “Yo, morning guys.” Kai and Eunji show up together per usual, “Kai, tacos?” Chanyeol whose locker is right next to him and the later nods to that.

“I bet Baekhyun’s not taking the taco then,” Kai asks as everyone nods their head in response, “Aw, let him be, he wants more cafeteria dates with his missus. Enji’s probably has enough of those with you—Aw!” Sehun shields himself from Eunji’s thrown pen at him.

“Serve you right,” Kai high-fives his girlfriend as the others laugh at it, “Go find a girlfriend for yourself, a real one.” Baekhyun mocks Sehun as he walks up to stand beside Iseul who’s still looking for her book in the locker.

“Oohh, incoming incoming,” Soyeon says after she closes her locker when she sees Jiyoung coming towards them with the brightest yet fakest smile on her face.

“Hey Baekhyun, got some nice vacation?”

Sehun and Chanyeol are holding their laughter while Kai quirks his brow at the question. Baekhyun who’s currently standing right next to his girlfriend just shrugs at the question, “Yeah, a nice one.” he says without giving away anything else just as usual. Iseul has just closed her locker and then turn around to watch the scene in real-time. But Jiyoung doesn’t seem to back down and then continues trying to pick up a conversation with Baekhyun.

“I was won—”

Eunji slams her locker door that shuts Jiyoung and a couple of students around them, “Oh, sorry. Didn’t know you were up on my friend’s boyfriend right in front of her.” Eunji says with her usual sarcastic tone.

Chanyeol whistles at that while Kai is trying hard to hold his laughter. A couple of students then turn their attention to Jiyoung who’s definitely embarrassed by now as she realizes people are looking at her.

“Yeah, sorry….. See you guys.”

Jiyoung leaves in a hurry and then Sehun begins to laugh after the girl is far away.

“I wish I recorded that, oh my god…..” Soyeon says as they’re walking to their class together, “No one wants to say it out loud so I’m saying it and I’ll do it again in front of that y’s face.” Eunji mutters.

“I should learn better then, makes sure she doesn’t steal my boyfriend.” Iseul tilts her head and Baekhyun just laughs, “Hey, there’s no hurt in trying although I’m pretty sure her brain got some deficiency or something because this isn’t worth a shot to try. “ Kai snorts as the others laugh together.

“If anyone’s still trying, I’m pretty sure they’re dumb.” Baekhyun shrugs as he puts his arms around Iseul’s shoulders, “Ooh, is that a declaration, sir?” Iseul leans towards him and he chuckles at it.

“Oh gosh, not me having to watch another of this. I mean yeah Kai and Eunji since diapers but these…. This is like watching Monica and Chandler whose really cute together, God, when?” Soyeon looks up as if she’s able to talk to God.

“There’s a lot of fish that you can pick, what about that senior who’s studying for med school?” Iseul asks Soyeon who’s sitting in front of her, “Nah, not fun. Too many facts of life, at first it’s cute but then it’s just urghhh…” Soyeon makes a throwing-up expression.

“What about that guy from that launching party? Don’t know his name but pretty sure his mom was an actress or something,” Sehun asks too and his cousin shakes her head, “Supermodel, his mom was a supermodel and hell yeah he’s handsome and fun. But, too stupid.  I can’t, he doesn’t even understand simple English. It’s the 21st century, where the hell has he been?” Soyeon shakes her head in confusion.

“Didn’t that guy….. oh, what’s his name, that racer….. He asked you out, right?” Eunji asks while still trying to remember the guy’s name, “Ah, too much effort to see him.” Soyeon shakes her head again.

“See, this is why God’s having a hard time with you, you .” Chanyeol jests which earns a round of laughter from the group but a thrown pen from Soyeon.

 


A/N: Heloooo everyone!

I hope you enjoy this chapter and please please please leave more comments because I always enjoy reading the comments^^ Thank you and see you in the next chapter:)