eleven

High School Sweethearts

“You’re really waiting at the station’s exit,”

Iseul shakes her head in disbelief because she sees Baekhyun as soon as she exited the subway station with Yiseo. Baekhyun just shrugs and then bends down to match Yiseo’s level, “Hi, Yiseo. It’s nice to see you again,” Yiseo giggles as she takes his held-out hand. He stands back up and they start walking away from the station exit with Yiseo between them, both hands holding onto each of the adults’ hands.

“It starting to get really hot nowadays, the subway must be packed, huh?”

Baekhyun asks Iseul who nods, “Yeah, it is the weekend anyway. What are we having for lunch?” Iseul asks because they’re meeting earlier than the said time for lunch.

“What do you want to eat, Yiseo-ah?” Baekhyun turns his attention to the younger girl, “Fried chicken! I want fried chicken.” she answers as if she’s been thinking about it earlier. Iseul shakes her head as she laughs along with Baekhyun, “Of course, how about that place over there?” Baekhyun points to a restaurant not far from them. “Yeah, sure.” Iseul replies while Yiseo ecstatically nods.

The three of them walk into a restaurant and quickly find an empty table. It wasn’t a crowded restaurant but people start to come in because lunchtime is near. Iseul sits with Yiseo beside her while Baekhyun occupied the opposite sofa, a waiter comes to give out the menu books and says that he’ll be back if they want to order something.  Iseul lets Yiseo take a closer look at the menu book while also looking for anything she’d like to eat.

“Does she allergic to or dislike anything?” Baekhyun looks up from the menu to Iseul who meets his eyes, “Nope, amazingly she’s not a picky eater even when it comes to veggies.” she answers while fixing Yiseo’s bangs. “So, you’re saying that you’re pickier than her?” he throws her some teasing look, Iseul just laughs as a response. A moment later they set on a portion of fried half chicken, kimchi fried rice with cheese, and some juices.

Baekhyun checks a couple of messages on his phone and then realizes that Yiseo has been looking at him, Iseul who’s replying to Soyeon’s message then realizes what her sister’s been doing and then chuckles. Baekhyun puts down his phone and then folds his arms on the table, taking a closer look at the younger sister. Yiseo giggles at him before putting a star sticker on his nose.

“Oh God, sorry about that.”

Baekhyun just laughs as Iseul takes it off, “She’s been putting star stickers on everyone and everything these days,” Iseul explains as she puts away the sticker but he shakes his head.

“Nah, that’s okay. That’s a stamp of approval is it not?” Baekhyun turns to Yiseo who laughs and puts another star sticker on his right arm. Iseul just laughs at it while shaking her head, her sister is definitely enjoying Baekhyun’s company.

Their foods start to come and they start to eat, Iseul puts on the plastic gloves to peel the chicken for Yiseo so the little girl won’t be eating the bone. Baekhyun looks at that while scooping the fried rice for each of them, Iseul still peeling the chicken and placing the peeled one on her sister’s plate. After he’s making sure that everyone gets their fair share of fried rice on their plate, Baekhyun also wears plastic gloves and starts to peel some chicken for Iseul before eating his own chicken.

Iseul notices that but just smiles as she finishes peeling off her sister’s chicken and lets the little girl enjoy her food. They begin to dig in and conversation starts flowing right in. Yiseo mainly focuses on her food, letting Iseul or Baekhyun fills her plate with another scoop of fried rice or other peels of chicken. It’s as if she’s letting the two adults just converse between them while still giving her adequate attention.

“Really?”

Iseul nods as she gulps down her juice, “Yeah, he thinks it’d do her good to be at Hansaem for her elementary school so you’ll see her often enough starting next year.” she explains.

“Soyeon will be thrilled although I don’t think she’s up for babysitting thingy,” Iseul laughs at Baekhyun’s remark.

“She seems really fond of hearing kids though, don’t you guys have nieces or nephews?” Iseul asks, Baekhyun nods as he chews his food.

“Yeah, she’s quite good with kids. Also, surprisingly, Eunji is doing just fine with kids.” Iseul raises her brows, “Really? Eunji? The Kim Eunji that we know?” Baekhyun laughs as he nods along.

“Yeah, surprisingly, she manages to doze off Kai’s nephew from his oldest sister. Not only you, but all of us were also shocked, I guess she has some soft spots on kids,” he tells her as he wipes some stain off his lips.

“You’re pretty good with kids too, Baek.” Iseul comments as he puts the last chicken on Yiseo’s plate, he puts off his attention from Yiseo’s plate to looks at her and then chuckles.

“You’re better than me, you’re practically raised Yiseo. That’s not easy,” he says while putting away his plastic gloves, “It’s a team effort, my dad plays a huge part too. You, somehow manage to sweep her off, she’s really excited to see you today. Aren’t you honey?” Iseul looks over to her sister who nods along as she chews the pieces of chicken peeled for her.

“She likes you and my dad already complains about having a rival being her favourite dude in the world.” Iseul shakes her head at the sight of her dad frowning upon hearing ‘Baek-oppa’ from Yiseo’s mouth this morning.

“Oh, I do hope your dad’s cool with it,” he lightly laughs as she responds with a shake of her head, “My dad’s totally cool with that, he said you’re a nice kid.” she shrugs as she puts away her spoon and looks over her sister who also just finished her meal.

“So, you’re saying both your father and sister already like me?” Baekhyun tilts his head and Iseul can sense his tease, she briefly turns towards him as she wipes a few food stains off Yiseo’s face before laughing and continuing her wiping job.

“Yeah, you absolutely can say that way.” Iseul nods along, Baekhyun nods along as he puts away his plate that’s already empty. He looks at Yiseo who’s looking at him and then at her sister, the little girl doesn’t say anything but she clearly can sense what’s happening between the two of them. He smiles and then folds his arms on the table, putting his full attention on Iseul who still cleaning her sister’s sticky fingers and cheeks.

“What about you then?”

Iseul stops folding the dirty wet tissue she used earlier and then looks at him, he keeps their eye contact before she retreats in defeat as she breaks their staring contest.

“What about me, huh? I’m afraid you have to ask the right question, sir.”

Baekhyun lets out a hearty laugh at her reply and then turns to his phone who’s been vibrating a couple of couple times, Iseul also checks her phone with new messages on the notification.

“We should—”

“We need—”

Both laugh as they’re talking at the same time and then he nods, letting her say whatever she needs to say.

“We should get going now,” Iseul points at their group chat and Baekhyun nods, “Yeah, Soyeon’s early for anything except school,” Baekhyun adds. Iseul laughs as they head to the cashier, “It’s on me today,” he stops her from taking out her wallet. She definitely doesn’t agree with that but Baekhyun is relentless to the extent that he holds her right hand who’s free because her left hand is holding Yiseo’s hand. The guy manages to pay and deal with everything with one hand, she just shakes her head.

“Thank you, have a nice day!”

Baekhyun smiles and nods as they exit the restaurant, “It’s this way, right?” Baekhyun asks as he points to the right. Iseul nods, he puts back his wallet and then turns to Yiseo.

“Are you excited about the ice-cream fair?” he asks as he naturally changes his position so Yiseo walks between them, “Yes! I love ice cream!” Yiseo nods enthusiastically. Both adults laugh as they keep walking, it’s a short eight-minute walk to the park. On the way, Baekhyun keeps engaging Yiseo in a conversation and the little girl seems really fond of him just like what Iseul said earlier. He finds out Yiseo’s favourite ice cream flavours, Iseul adds that the little girl likes any flavour except coffee. Yiseo talks about a lot of things, including her favourite hobbies, colours, animals, and even cartoons. Iseul mostly listens for the rest of the trip, letting Baekhyun talks with her younger sister. She smiles and then looks at Baekhyun who’s laughing at anything that Yiseo describes, he’d catch her looking and then raises his eyebrows at her as if asking her if she wants anything but she just shakes her head and let the two continue their conversation.

They finally get to the park and then start to look around for their friends, “Over here!!” both can hear Soyeon’s voice over the music and people’s voices on the fair. Soyeon’s waving her hand and then jumps a little as soon as she sees Yiseo between the two of them. Baekhyun and Iseul walk towards them, Kai and Eunji are still not present.

“You both look like a young couple with your first kid going on a fair, should we just go away?”

Chanyeol comments as they’re right in front of them, “Dude,” Baekhyun shakes his head while Iseul just laughs. “Yeah, it will look like we’re barging on a young family’s outing.” Soyeon adds and then turns her attention to Yiseo. She takes a glance at Iseul who nods as if telling her it’s okay to talk to the little girl.

“Hi Yiseo! I’m Soyeon,”

Soyeon lowers her height to talk to Yiseo, offering her hand to the young girl who blinks several times before letting go of her sister’s grip and then shaking her hand.

“Hi cutie, you’re so adorable! Oh my God,” Yiseo smiles widen as she feels more comfortable with Soyeon and hugs her, “Ohh….” Soyeon coos and then sweep the little girl off her feet before letting Chanyeol and Sehun greet her too. Yiseo smiles and loves all the attention they give to her, she opens her small bag and there goes the star sticker on everyone’s cheek.

“Oh my God, she’s so adorable! Can I take her home?” Soyeon asks Iseul who’s laughing, “Well, get ready for her sugar rush later.” Iseul warns them jokingly.

“Eunji and Kai still not here?” Baekhyun looks around, “Yeah, he said they’re running a bit late because he needs to fix some—Oh! There they are,” Chayeol points at the couple walking in their direction.

“Sorry, work stuff.” Kai apologizes and then turns to Yiseo in Soyeon’s arms, “Hi Yiseo-ah, I’m Kai and this is Eunji.” Kai coos at the little girl who smiles at him. Eunji stands by his side and then softly the young girl’s cheek, smiling but didn’t say anything. Soyeon looks at Eunji as if wordlessly asking her something that Iseul can’t understand, it’s like a silent code. The taller girl just shakes her head and then engages in a conversation with Sehun who’s asking her about something else. Iseul notices the small interaction but doesn’t ask anything.

“Shall we go now?”

Sehun and Soyeon quickly nod, certainly as excited as the young girl in her arms. “Are you sure you’re going to hold her for the entire fair?” Iseul asks Soyeon who looks back at her, “I can manage, for now, my hands aren’t full with ice creams yet.” Iseul just laughs at the answer.

They enter the fair, where at least thirty ice cream vendors are present. There is a lot of variety of ice creams and everyone wants to try each one of them. Soyeon, Yiseo, and Sehun are leading the group while Kai, Eunji, and Chanyeol stand in the middle. Baekhyun and Iseul walk a little bit slower than the rest but still within the group. Baekhyun holds her hand while pointing at a different kind of cone that’s being sold at the fair and throws some weird jokes in it.

“Oh gosh, I haven't been to one of these things for some time.” Baekhyun says after they get a J-shaped cone with ice cream at the top.

“Well, you don’t have a toddler running around you so it’s not weird. My dad always manages to find different kinds of fairs or festivals to go to whenever we got the time,” Iseul comments as they continue to walk on, the front row already at the end of their J cone and hunting for new kind of ice cream to try.

“That sounds fun, he should have joined us.” Baekhyun says at the revelation but Iseul simply shakes her head, “Nah, he said it’ll be weird and he needs some rest. I’m actually giving him a free time with Yiseo being out with us like this,” Iseul replies while enjoying her ice cream.

Baekhyun nods along and then notices a smudge of ice cream on the corner of her lip, “And with Soyeon carrying her around, you’re having a free time too, right?” he asks as he wipes it with his finger. Iseul just nods as they keep following the pact. Yiseo really enjoys Soyeon and Sehun’s company, pointing at different stalls and laughing at any jokes that either Chanyeol or Kai throws around. Eunji doesn’t eat anything after they visit the fourth stall, citing she’s already full. Soyeon then asks her to hold Yiseo, Iseul’s going to take over but Eunji shakes her head as the little girl moved into her arms.

“Are you okay?” Iseul asks as she just wipes Yiseo hands with ice creams on them with her wet tissue, “Yeah, I’ll be fine, aren’t we sugar? You go on have a date,” Eunji throws a teasing smirk at her and Baekhyun.

“Don’t worry, Eunji’s real nice with kids.” Chayeol adds, earning a glare from Eunji who then turns her attention back to the little girl in her arms and then proceed to walk with Kai by her side.

“And now they’re the one who looks like a young family going on an outing,” Baekhyun comments as he gives a cup of choco-banana ice cream to Iseul, “Yeah, when Yiseo’s with Soyeon, it looks more like a babysitter and a cute toddler going around.” Sehun comments. Soyeon lets out a scowl and then takes some of Sehun’s ice cream before running away to catch up with the others in the front.

“Gosh, we’re apparently babysitting three toddlers today.” Chanyeol shakes his head.

“Uhm…. Can I ask something?” Iseul asks Baekhyun and Chanyeol who walk with her, Baekhyun raises his brows, letting her shoot her question.

“Earlier, Soyeon seems to communicate with Eunji when she Yiseo’s cheek. Something I should know about that? Or it’s nothing and I’m reading too much into anything?”

“Ah, yeah. That….” Chanyeol takes a glance at Baekhyun, letting the latter answer.

“When Eunji’s parents passed away in that plane accident, her mom was five months pregnant with her baby sister.  No one knows yet, the media doesn’t know, it’s a secret from anyone and they were going to reveal the pregnancy to the media after they get back to Korea. Not even her relatives know. But it’s a decision that Eunji and her grandparents made to not tell anyone else about that and to let them grieve about the unborn baby privately.” Baekhyun explains as he scoops another spoon of ice cream into his mouth.

“Since then, any signs of baby or toddler, basically kids, warms her heart. She loves them and Kai knows that, that’s why his sister sometimes let his niece or nephew stay with them. Eunji’s famous among kids,” Chanyeol adds.

Iseul then turns her attention back to her sister with Eunji and Kai in the front, laughing freely as if the Eunji they know from school is a different person.

 


 

“Well, thank you for today. Yiseo really enjoys her time, right, honey?” Iseul turns to her sister safely tuck in her arms, softly nodding as she started to get sleepy.

“Aw, you're welcome and to think that we get to see her a lot more next year!” Soyeon excitedly claps because Iseul told her that Yiseo might be getting into Hansaem’s elementary school next year.

“It’s a nice day out, it’s been a while since we haven’t done any of these.” Kai adds and the others nod along to that, “We should go to an amusement park next, ooh that sounds exciting,” Chanyeol suggests.  As they start to think about their next destination for their undated day out, Yiseo yawns softly in Iseul’s arm.

“She looks tired, you should get her home.” Eunji says, stopping their conversation, “Yeah, that would be a better idea. Be careful on your way home,” Sehun says while looking at Baekhyun who just nods.

“See you guys, thank you for all of these too.” Iseul nods to a paper bag full of cute soft toys and merchandise from the fair that everyone buys for Yiseo despite the girl never really paying attention to those, her eyes are fully concentrated on the ice creams.

“See you guys,”

They all bid goodbye and Baekhyun lead Iseul with Yiseo to his awaiting car not far from the fair exit. He makes sure they’re both entered the car and then slightly jogs to the other side of the car before letting Jungwoo drive.

“You’re okay? How can your arms not fall off after carrying her around half the day?” Baekhyun asks in amusement, Iseul chuckles at the question. “Well, you just have to get used to it.” Iseul smiles as she tucks some hair on Yiseo’s ear.

Baekhyun smiles and then checks his phone when it buzzed, Iseul Yiseo’s back to help her sleep. They spent almost six hours until the sun sets and the lights in the fair , they were planning to get some dinner but Yiseo’s tiredness was visible and they decided to call it a day. The quiet ride is filled with some jazz music, Iseul smiles at her sister and takes a look outside through the window.

“Do have any summer plans?”

Baekhyun breaks the silence, Iseul turns to look at him who has already tucked his phone away and looks at her. She tilts her head for a while to think about anything her father might have mentioned and then shakes her head.

“My dad always stays another day or two at school to finish some paperwork, you know, teachers. Then he’d spend the first week of summer break with cleaning, gardening, and sleeping. Probably visit both of my grandparents in Sokcho for a while,” she answers and he nods along. She looks at him, knowing him for months now, she knows he’s thinking about something.

“What is it?”

Baekhyun raises his brows at her question, she squints her eyes at him and he breaks into laughter. “You know, just scheduling my visits.” he shrugs with the answer, Iseul chuckles at that. She looks at Yiseo who changes her position in her arms and then thinks of something, he catches her pause.

“What is it, darling?”

Iseul turns to him and her red cheeks upon hearing various nicknames he gives her never fails to make him laugh. He holds her free hand and nods as if telling her to speak her mind.

“Do you mind having a picnic with me?” she asks and he chuckles at the question, “You’d ask me for a date to a nearby playground and I’d still say yes.” he caresses the back of her hand with his thumb. She laughs at his silly answer, “I’ve been thinking about it for a while but a picnic on the weekend with homework stacking up doesn’t scream relaxing at all,” she shakes her head at the thought.

“Yeah, and what if we make the foods by ourselves? That would be fun, nothing bought except for ice creams,” he suggests and she agrees with it.

“Next Thursday sound cool?”

“Yep,”

“It’s settled then,”

 


 

“You don’t have to,”

Iseul chuckles when he takes the paper bag from her hand and walks with her up to her door, “What? Your hands are busy holding Yiseo, right?” Baekhyun smiles at the groggy Yiseo in Iseul’s arms. The door opened and Mr. Jung smiles at them with a brown apron on him, “Hey, you guys are home. Let me,” Iseul let her father to take Yiseo from her.

“Hello, sir,”

“Ah, come on kid. We’re outside the school, call me uncle. I’m just your shabby neighbourhood uncle, she fell asleep?” Mr. Jung as his older daughter nods at the question, “Yeah but she’s awake for five minutes now, still a little bit disoriented from sleep though.” Iseul replies.

“Woah, what’re these?” Mr. Jung looks at the paper bag filled with various items in it, “We all bought it, we thought she’d love it.” Baekhyun’s the one who answers that.

“You don’t have to but thank you, are you joining us for dinner? I’m still in the middle of chopping some beef, sure we can have more people joining.” Mr. Jung nods inside but Baekhyun respectfully shakes his head, “No, si—Uncle. I’ve told my mother that I’ll be home for dinner. Thank you for the invite though,” he smiles at the teacher.

“Alright, I’ll get her inside.” Mr. Jung excuses himself from the couple in front of the door.

“Sure you don’t want to come in?”

“We both know the answer to that, honey.”

Iseul just laughs at that, “See you next week then?” he nods to the question. She’s about to enter her house when he holds her right arm, stopping her. She turns back to look at him with raised brows

“Have I told you?”

“What?”

“I love you,”

Baekhyun blurts that out with his typical smile that he gives out whenever he talks at her, the kind of smile that he only gives her and no one else.

Iseul freezes there and only back to earth after he gives her a peck on her cheek, her face is warming up and she’s sure he knows that because he softly laughs at her before patting her head. Him being so close to her doesn’t help at all, she wants to say it back because now she knows his true feelings. She doesn’t want to leave him hanging although she’s sure that Baekhyun actually doesn’t need her to say it out loud because she must be stupid for not loving him the same way he does after all these dates.

“You don’t ha—”

“I love you too.”

Iseul finally manage to get the words out of , she just wishes it doesn’t sound so squeaky. Baekhyun’s smile widens and he gives her a hug, the kind of hug you don’t always get every day.

“See you later,”

“Bye, get home safe.”

He walks backwards until he gets to his car, they wave at each other one more time before he nods her to get into her house first. She shakes her head and waves one more time before entering her house, closing the door with a loud thumping heart. Once she hears his car leave, she turns around to exhale while closing her eyes. Her heart is beating so fast that she’s sure she can hear it loud in her ear. They just said the word. The three words she’s been dying to say.

I love you

She doesn’t know what she’d do if he ask that question.

No, now that he said the three words, it’s just a matter of when.

She shakes her head at the thought, she’s getting way ahead of herself. She opens her eyes only to see her father looking at her from the kitchen with the biggest grin she ever seen.

“My daughter’s having a boyfriend.”

Mr. Jung says while putting his right hand on his chest while his left hand patting the invisible tear.

“Daaaad,”

Iseul rolled her eyes with a shake of her head at her father’s antique, “Need some help, old man?” she approaches him and he just laughs as he continues his cooking.

“Nope, go fresh yourself up. Your old man is fine,”

Iseul just laughs as she walks to her bedroom.

 


 

It’s a nice Wednesday afternoon, Mr, Jung is gardening outside while Yiseo laying down on the sofa while watching some cartoon. It’s the start of summer break and they’re just enjoying the warming up weather while cleaning around the house. Iseul is cleaning up the kitchen because they don’t get a lot of free time to do a deep cleaning around the house during school days.

“Hey, kid.”

Iseul can hear her father talking to someone but she guesses it’s just another kid from their neighbour passing through to running errands. There are some kids of the same age as Yiseo or 2-3 years younger than Iseul in the neighbourhood but they don’t really know each other that well because most of them spend their time in cram school until midnight.

She continues wiping the dishwashing area and is just about to wash her hands when the slightly opened front door is wide open.

“Hey, dad whe—”

“Oppa!”

Iseul stops mid-sentence when she realizes that the person entering the house isn't her father, she looks over to the living room to see Yiseo latching herself on Baekhyun who’s laughing with the little girl. He walks over to the kitchen with Yiseo on his left arm and a small paper bag in his right hand.

“What are you doing here?”

Iseul asks while drying her hand with some paper towel, “Suddenly thinking of you,” Baekhyun blurts it out as if it’s nothing. Iseul almost chokes on her saliva hearing his reply, “And Yiseo, my mom is having a huge baking thingy. She wants me to drop these for you,” Baekhyun put the paper bag on the kitchen countertop. She puts off her gloves and opens the paper bag with another huge paper bag for food inside it, filled with huge cookie doughs.

“Wow, it’s hard to make these.” she comments as she takes it off the bag, putting it on a container nearby.

“Yeah, she spent three days to figure it out. Anyway, she wants to give you these and I took the liberty to deliver it.” he shrugs and then loks back at Yiseo who’s eyeing the cookies.

“Traveling half an hour just for these?” Iseul raises her brows at him while breaking the big cookie into a couple of pieces for Yiseo

“Nah, I’m here to see you.”

Baekhyun answers and then walk back to the living room with Yiseo who starts talking to him about the most random thing she did earlier. Iseul just chuckles and then puts everything away in its place as she just finished cleaning everything. Baekhyuns sits on the rug with Yiseo who’s asking him to colour together, pushing some pencil colour towards him while pointing to various portraits on the colouring book. Iseul leaves them and then goes outside to see her father, still crouching down to pull out the wild grasses around his perfectly healthy plants.

“You need a hand, dad?” she asks, he shakes his head and then throws her a teasing look.

“Nah, you stay with your boyfriend. Your old man’s fine out here,”

“Dad,”

Mr. Jung laughs as soon as he hears her whine, telling her he’s fine and continues whatever he’s doing. Iseul turns back to the living room, looking at her sister and Baekhyun.

“Have you had any lunch yet?”

Baekhyun stops colouring a cloud and then shakes his head, “Yiseo-ah, do you mind if oppa stays for lunch?” Baekhyun turns to Yiseo who quickly shakes her head in excitement.

“Cold noodles sound good?”

“It’s summer, of course, it’s cold noodles’ time. Need any help?” he’s ready to stand up but she shakes her head, “Nah, you stay here with her. I’m not taking whatever she’s claiming,” Iseul raises her hands in front of her chest and then laughs. She walks to the kitchen and gets everything ready, there are enough ingredients for the cold noodles so she starts to cook right away. Not long after that, Mr. Jung enters the house and talks with Baekhyun while putting away his gardening tools.

“Ah yeah, they start recruiting after the summer break, right?”

“Yeah, really excited to join them. There are a lot of great 11th graders,” Baekhyun answers.

“I know, how come Hansaem always manage to find those great athletes anyway. Our school aren’t meant for real athletes but they always manage to find one or even a group of those.”

They talk for some more time before the older man decides to take a shower, by that time Iseul has already finished preparing everything and just needs to move everything to the plate.

“Now, you certainly need my help, sweetie.”

Baekhyun shows up, rolling up his shirt’s sleeve, Iseul chuckles at that.

“Fine, suit yourself. I just need to move these to the plates, you can get the side dishes out though.” she nods at the refrigerator, he walks and opens it.

“These containers?”

She nods when she sees him holding up a set of matching colour containers from the refrigerator.  “The smaller plates are above me,” she says as he opens some of the containers of the side dishes.

“I’ll—”

“Nah, I’m taller than you, honey. Don’t worry,” he stands right behind her and opens the overhead cupboard, taking out several smaller plates for the side dishes. He closes the cupboard and then stands still, Iseul knows that because she can feel him still standing behind her.

“Stop standing behind me, creep.”

Baekhyun laughs and then gives her a small peck on the back of her neck before walking back to where he was. Iseul stops putting the noodles on the plate and then looks at him, “Stop staring, creep.” he retaliates using her own words.

 


 

“I’ve never been to this kind of date before, so thank you for asking me to one.”

Baekhyun says after they finish setting everything up on a picnic mat that Iseul brings, “Neither do I, I just thought it would be fun and meaningful if I get to go with you.” she smiles at him.

They’re currently sitting in a park with other families or couples, out for a picnic on a summer day. It’s sunny but not too hot as summer has just started so it’s perfect weather for a picnic. They meet up at the park, choosing the right spot and laying up everything on the mat together. They somehow agree with her bringing some main dish and he the drinks and snacks.

“You made this?”

Iseul nods as she fully opened the container with lasagna in it, “My mom writes various recipes in her recipe book, that’s basically me and my dad’s holy grail. Although we aren’t able to make it the exact same way she made it, we’re still heading in the right direction of her seasoning.” Iseul says as she puts it back on the mat. She also brings a prettily rolled tuna kimbap and sausages.

“Thank God you’re the one who’s bringing the main dishes, we’d end up with some sleazy-made kimbap and cup ramen if I’m the one who should bring them.”

They both laugh together at that. He then pours the freshly made lemonade into the paper cup that he brings. Baekhyun also brings some cookies (he knows they should’ve brought only self-made food but his mother is relentless, Iseul clearly knows his persuasive trait came from his mother), and chocolate puddings.

“It’s nice, huh?”

“Yeah, I’m just glad we have this break after those torturous exams.” she slightly shakes her head at the memories of their exams.

“Ooh, we should have a lot of calming days like these. They should have started implementing a Wednesday off or something during the school week.” Baekhyun huffs, earning a chuckle from the girl beside him.

“Are you excited for the club after this?” Baehyun turns to look at her, she exhales while nodding off. “I wouldn’t say I’m not nervous but yeah, I have a good feeling about it.” he smiles at her answer.

“It’s going to be fun, we’d be on the same team and competitions won’t be so dull with you.” he chirps and she laughs at that, “Oh, so I’m like some decorations you mean? Flowers to brighten up the place?” she leans over him with raised brows.

“But you are though, you brighten up my day.”

They look into each other’s eyes and then burst into huge laughter, “Corny, huh?” he shakes at himself.

“Very, I didn’t know you’re this corny.” Iseul cringes her hands, still laughing.

“Neither do I, as I told you. I’ve never been on a date with anyone but you, darling, you are something else.”

“Good something else?” she asks him as she takes a sip of their drink, “Special something else,” he quips.

Iseul just laughs, they watch the scenery in the park some more before starting to eat the foods they bring. Baekhyun brings a disposable camera and decides to use 75% of his two film rolls to take a picture of Iseul. She puts her face over her food but he’s relentless in taking her pictures and manages to capture some pretty shots.

“Eugh, don’t blame me if I look ugly after you develop those.” Iseul snorts as he finishes taking another shot of her, “You’d never be ugly, honey.” he shakes his head.

“You’re a sweet talker, sir.”

“Only for you, sweetheart.” he softly touches her nose, “Ugh…. Can it get cheesier than this?” she grimaces with wry amusement.

 


A/N: HELOOOO EVERYONEEEE ahaahahah I know it took me a looong time to write this, I'm so sorry but May was just sooo hectic. I'm unofficially a bachelor in pharmacy now!!! teheee

Currently waiting for my grad ceremony and the apothecary practices to start in September, so hopefully, I get to finish this before that *crossing my fingers*
Anyway, I'm soooo sorry for quite a crappy chapter ending and THEY FINALLY SAID THE WORDS OMGG I'm so happy for them ahahaha I hope you like it too! Dont forget to subs and leave your thoughts on comment down bellow^^ Thank you! 

See youuu later:D