2nd chap

Honey

It was finally the day. Shuhua does not feel anything about her first meeting with her father's friend's family, a family of her future wife. She sighed for hundred times in front of her long mirror. 

"Why do I need to look pretty. It's not that I want to impress her." She told herself.

Then her door was opened and her mother came in smiling. She stepped closer and put her hands on Shuhua's shoulders from the back as she looked at Shuhua's reflection on the mirror. 

"My daughter is really beautiful."

Shuhua smiled and looked at her mother through the mirror. 

"Of course. Because mom is beautiful. I got it from you mom." Shuhua winked and her mother just chuckled.

"I know you're not happy with your father's arrangement. But please know that he wants only the best for our one and only daughter." Mrs. Yeh said.

"Yes mom."

"But I don't want you to be sad too. So don't worry, if you still don't like this arrangement after meeting them, we won't force you to marry her. Ok?"

Shuhua smiled and turned around to hug her mother. 

"Thank you, mom." She whispered.

"Anything for my daughter." Her mother hugged her back.

After the hug, they went down together as Mr. Yeh have been waiting for them in the living room. They were all ready to leave their mansion together and went to the restaurant where the meet up will be. 

They had arrived after half an hour, Shuhua only followed her parents from behind as she still trying to prepare herself. 

"This is it. Don't be nervous, you're Yeh Shuhua." Shuhua whispered to herself and took a deep breath seeing her parents has entered a room inside.

When she feels like she's ready, she started to get closer to the room and stepped in. 

"Ah there she is. This is our daughter, Yeh Shuhua."

She heard her father said. So she smiled and bowed politely without looking at anyone. 

"Hello." She said and finally looked up.

'Oh .' Shuhua felt went dry as soon as her eyes landed on a very familiar face.

"Shuhua dear, this is dad's friend and his wife. That's their daughter, Seo Soojin." Her father told her.

Seo family greeted her warmly while Soojin only did a slight bow to her but she's still stucked on her spot. 

"Shuhua. Come, sit down." She heard her mother whispered.

Shuhua used the remaining strength she have left and sat down beside her mother. She tried to avoid looking to her front as Soojin was sitting facing her.

"You're not lying when you said your daughter is beautiful." Soojin's father mentioned to Shuhua's father which got everyone but Shuhua and Soojin to laugh.

"I heard you went to the same school and university that our Soojin went last time. Do you girls perhaps, know each other?" Soojin's mother asked and looked at Shuhua.

"A-Ah. S-She look familiar to me. I think... Yeah. I don't really remember." Shuhua lied and gave a fake smile.

Soojin raised her eyebrows and stared sharply at Shuhua who still wouldn't look at her. 

"Then I'm sure you know Soojin's friend, Cho Miyeon. She was your schoolmate too and is a popular model and actress now." Mrs. Seo said.

"Oh. Miyeon? Of course our Shuhua know her. We always invited her over for our family party along with Yuqi, Shuhua's best friend. They were all from the same school and university." Shuhua's mother said.

"That's weird. You're close with Miyeon but you don't know Soojin." Mrs. Seo said.

"Oh. I only got to be Miyeon unnie's friend after unnie graduated. We weren't friends yet back then." Shuhua explained.

"No wonder. Soojin went to have her training and handle our branch at Japan for 3 years after graduated. Now she's back for good, we're so happy to have her here again." Mrs. Seo said.

"We're happy for you too." Shuhua's mother said and smiled to the family.

"Shuhua dear, you can talk to Soojin. Don't be shy." Shuhua's father said.

"It's ok. Soojin can be too quiet most of the time. She's just as shy as Shuhua." Soojin's father said and laughed with the rest.

'This is torture. I want to go home.' Shuhua thought.

Their parents kept talking and clearly having a good time together while Soojin and Shuhua just eat quietly. 

While eating, Shuhua tried to steal glances at Soojin and smiled a little. 

'She's still the same. Just even prettier now.' Shuhua thought.

She's happy to see her again, after all, she's her first love. But Shuhua cannot deny, her heart still aches everytime she remember that Soojin had rejected her before. 

Shuhua frowned as she remembered the past. She wondered if Soojin was ok with the arrangement because as far as she remembered, Soojin was with someone. Well, that's the reason why she got rejected in the first place last time.

"Oh right. Shuhua, Soojin will pay a visit to our company tomorrow." Mr. Yeh said.

"Um, why?" Shuhua asked, not knowing what's happening.

"I guess it's time to tell you. We planned to merge Yeh Corporation with SJ Group, their company. And we agreed to use our building as the headquarter." Her father explained.

"And I send Soojin to be in charge of this so she will go on my behalf." Mr. Seo said.

Shuhua can only blinked her eyes as she went speechless with everything that's happening currently. 

"I know we should have told you sooner but don't worry, this is just a plan. We're not starting unless we get a greenlight from you and Soojin already." Her father said again.

"So that's why Soojin will pay a visit to see how it goes with you and you two will be given 6 months before giving us answers." Soojin's father added.

"Uh, what answer if I may ask?" Shuhua asked.

"Either the both of you agree or not to merge our companies together and of course, the marriage."

Shuhua's head was spinning. She thought she was going to pass out. 

"But no worries. We won't force you two to agree with us but we would appreciate it if you two are willing to consider about our plan and get to know each other first."

"I'm sure we don't have to worry much about it yet. As what we've been informed, we have 6 months before we make a decision. Right, Yeh Shuhua?" Soojin finally talked for the first time and Shuhua looked at her.

Shuhua cursed in her head, she hates herself for liking the way her name was said by Soojin. 

"Yeah. I guess." Shuhua mumbled.

"Great! So Shuhua, please show Soojin everything when she comes to our company." Shuhua only nodded when her father said that.