11th chap

Honey

Saturday night, the Yeh's anniversary.

They decided to hold the party at a grand ballroom on the second top floor at a 5 star hotel. Like Soojin had expected, the place is full with business people and some wealthy family.

She had arrived 5 minutes ago with her parents but they are now busy chatting with some other businessmen and women. Soojin was just hanging around near the fruit tables where people can get some refreshments anytime as she was looking around.

She sighed, feeling tired and sleepy being at a place she doesn't even enjoy at all.

"You're really bad at faking a happy face. Your face literally says it all"

Soojin turned and see Miyeon approaching here. They can feel some eyes are on them, not much different than when she's all alone earlier. Well, who wouldn't look at them.

"You're invited too" Soojin mumbled.

"Of course. I never missed any of Yeh's party" Miyeon said.

"Hello ladies! Are you glad that Song Yuqi is finally hereeeee"

The two of them now see Yuqi coming towards them, greeting them loudly and grabbing more attention from people around them. 

"You look cute" Miyeon smiled.

"No. I look cool and pretty. Come on unnie. It's time to let go of my cute image" Yuqi pouted.

"You can't escape from that cuteness inside of you. You're born with it" Miyeon giggled.

"Ugh. Fine" Yuqi sighed.

"You look amazing, Yuqi" Soojin said.

"Right? Thanks!" Yuqi grinned.

"Now where is that best friend of mine. I heard she just came back earlier today" Yuqi said.

"Yeah. She had lunch with me and Soyeon" Soojin replied.

"Why didn't you guys invite us too?" Miyeon whined.

"I didn't know she would be joining? She just came out of nowhere" Soojin explained.

"Hm fair enough" Yuqi nodded.

"Hey. Isn't he... Your ex?" Yuqi pointed out so Soojin and Miyeon looked at where Yuqi is looking at.

"Heol. What a small world" Miyeon muttered.

"No wonder he seems familiar. Its Hui right? He kept looking at you so it's bothering me" Yuqi crossed her arms.

"I don't remember his face that much until you point it out" Soojin answered nonchalantly.

"And he's... Going here" Miyeon said.

The three of them keep quiet and looked at him curiously when he finally stands in front of them. 

"Wow. It's been what? 3 years? 4? Hi, Soojin. Long time no see" He smiled and glanced briefly at Yuqi and Miyeon but stared longer at Soojin.

Soojin just nodded her head and bowed slightly, clearly drawing a line between them but Hui doesn't seem to get that.

"When did you come back?" Hui asked.

"Somewhere around early this year" Soojin answered.

"Ah. You didn't even contact me again" Hui mentioned and Soojin doesn't know how to reply to that.

"Hui. Who you're talking to?"

It's his father. Hui looked too happy that his parent can't help but to ask and it's also because he knows Soojin is one of the successful young businesswoman and fully know who is Yuqi and Miyeon whom standing closer to Soojin. So he's curious which one of them that Hui is talking to. 

"Dad. Umm, this is Soojin" Hui introduced only Soojin to his father.

"She used to be my-"

"Friend. We went to the same university back then" Soojin said, cutting Hui off.

Hui smiled shyly to his father and scratches his nape. 

"Oh. I didn't know that" Hui's father seems interested.

"Is it just me but I don't like what I'm seeing now" Yuqi whispered to Miyeon.

"Me too" Miyeon crossed her arms as well.

"Yeah. We lost contact so I hope to get in touch again with Soojin" Hui said and smiled at Soojin.

"You two should" Hui's father smiled as well, already liking that his son knows Soojin.

Just then, they heard some murmurs and they looked at the entrance and there goes the most stunning woman ever.

Yeh Shuhua in her long black dress, with her beautiful long black hair. She looks flawless. Her bright, sparkling eyes and her light make up makes her looking magnificent. Some people know her as Yuqi's and Miyeon's pretty best friend.

"You made it" Yuqi said when Shuhua's with them.

"Yeah" Shuhua replied and she frowned a little seeing Hui and His father near Soojin.

"Shuhua? Is that you? Wow. I didn't expect to meet all of you here" Hui chuckled. Shuhua just fake a smile at him without saying anything.

"You know all of them?" Hui's father asked.

"Of course dad. You know Soojin, Song Yuqi and Cho Miyeon already and they are all from the same university too. Shuhua as well"

"Alright. You can catch up with your friends. I'll have to go to my friends. Its nice to see you girls" Hui's father said and smiled at them but nodded at Soojin first before he left as he patted Hui's shoulder.

"So you are all friends now huh?" Hui asked and they all nodded.

"Shuhua sshi, you're lucky to still be able to be Soojin's friend even after she rejected you last time"

'Rude' Yuqi thought and squinted at him.

"I don't mind spending everyday out on your corner in a pouring rain. Look for the girl with the broken smile, ask her if she wants to stay a while. And she will be loved~"

They all turned to see behind Shuhua. Minnie's singing softly while holding a glass of juice in her left hand.

Minnie got closer to Shuhua.

"Hi there, our Shushu" Minnie smiled cheekily at Shuhua and pinched her cheek gently.

"Ahh unnie" Shuhua whined and leaned away from her hand.

"Are you drunk?" Shuhua asked.

"Nope!"

"Then why do you seems high?"

"How can I not when you're in front of me? Your presence send me flying to the sky" Minnie flirted and only laughed when Shuhua whined again.

"You're no fun. You used to play along with me" Minnie said and put her arm around Shuhua's waist casually.

"Um, who is she?" Yuqi asked.

"Oh. Sorry. Hello, I'm Kim Minnie or better known as Nicha Yontararak" Minnie smiled.

"Ah! So you're one of the Yontararak. Hey, I'm Song Yuqi" Yuqi smiled at her too.

"For a nobody like you, you're such a lucky girl for being friends with amazing women" Hui finally opened his mouth again and only to trigger Shuhua's anger.

"Excuse me?" Shuhua's cold face is now staring hard at Hui.

Shuhua's about to step forward to him but Minnie quickly hold her waist tightly as she pulled Shuhua back into her arm and put her chin on Shuhua's shoulder.

"Calm down" Minnie whispered into Shuhua's ear. She glanced at the frowning Soojin before looking at Hui's annoying face.

"Mr. I don't know who you are, who are you to call my Shushu here a nobody? She's a wonderful human being and I don't like it when someone's looking down on her" Minnie said after lifting her head up.

"Well, I think it's a shame that you thought she is just a nobody. I pity you for not knowing how amazing this woman is" Minnie added.

Yuqi and Miyeon smirked, satisfied with how Minnie bravely went against Hui for trying to hurt Shuhua.

"And I think you're disturbing the girls here from having a peaceful reunion. Don't you think you should leave us alone already?" Minnie said again.

Hui scoffed and looked at Soojin. 

"I'm talking to Soojin here" He said.

"She didn't even look at you" Minnie said out loud.

Hui looked away, embarrassed that what Minnie said is true. Soojin literally turned her body away from him and just looking at Shuhua's direction. 

Hui makes an excuse and left them after a while. 

"Kim Minnie, scored!" Minnie clicked her tongue and smiled in satisfaction seeing Hui finally leaving them. 

"What do you think? Did I make your heart flutter just now? Will I finally get a yes from you?" Minnie asked Shuhua, clearly not minding that the other girls can hear her.