5th chap

Honey

It was finally Saturday night, Soojin insisted that they should just meet at the restaurant that she had chosen personally and to make Shuhua agreed to meet at the place right away, Soojin told her that Shuhua can send her home after the dinner. 

Shuhua had arrived 10 minutes early. This time, she put in more effort to make herself presentable for the dinner.

She looked around and praised Soojin for choosing a very nice and cozy restaurant for their first dinner date. They didn't reserve any private room as they decided to just reserve a table at same area as other customers to enjoy the restaurant's atmosphere and view.

Shuhua heard some murmurs so she turned her head to look at the entrance and there she saw her, the most beautiful human being she had ever laid her eyes on. 

Soojin had always been able to take her breath away since the first time she saw her and it happened to her again.

"Hi." Soojin greeted her softly before she sat down.

"Hey." Shuhua almost couldn't find her voice to reply, still awestruck with Soojin's beauty.

"You look..."

Soojin raised her eyebrows and looked at Shuhua as she waited for Shuhua to continue her sentence. 

"Fine. So fine." Shuhua finally said it. Soojin blushed but still smiled at Shuhua.

"You don't look bad yourself." Soojin said.

"Thanks. But um, do you really think it's ok that we eat here? Everyone's looking." Shuhua asked.

"I'm good. I'm used to it already. But I forgot to ask you though, are you ok being seen with me? I remember you haven't announce that you're the current CEO of Yeh Corporation and your parents never announce you as the heiress publicly. So you might be on the headline tomorrow." Soojin said.

"I don't mind. Been into few articles when I hang out with Miyeon unnie and Yuqi. It's not like they'll know who I am now that I'm out with you. Also, we'll make announcement this year but I don't know when."

"Really? Alright then. And please, about your text..."

Shuhua looked at Soojin who rolled her eyes. 

"Stop calling me so formally." Soojin said.

Shuhua chuckled and Soojin stared at her, it's her first time to see and hear Shuhua chuckling closely. 

"So, what do you want me to call you then?" Shuhua asked and intertwined her fingers under her chin as she grinned mischievously at Soojin.

'This, right here, right now with me is the real Yeh Shuhua' Soojin thought.

"My name without the sshi and without my surname." Soojin said.

"But you keep calling me Yeh Shuhua too."

"Then I'll call you Shuhua from now on."

"Ok Jinjin!"

"Jinjin?"

"Yes. I used to call you as Jinjin when I talked about you to Yuqi."

Soojin's now interested and paid more attention. 

"Is it? And I only found out now?"

"Because we don't really talk last time." Shuhua explained.

"Speaking about it, I want to clear up something with you."

"What is it?"

"I know we don't really have a good memory in the past. It was blurry and... Yeah, things happened. But I want you to know that my relationship with Hui back then wasn't serious, I don't even know why I said yes to him." Soojin paused as she frowned.

"You know, I don't really care about the past. What matters now is what we have currently right?" Shuhua asked and Soojin just nodded.

"But I only need to know if you're not with anyone right now and if you're really ok to be in this together with me?"

"I don't have anyone and yes, I'm willing to give it a try."

"Then that's enough for me to continue."

"It's safe to say that we're on the same boat right?"

"Yeah but won't you ask if I'm single or not?"

Soojin chuckled and shakes her head.

"Why?"

"I did a research about you and asked my father about you so he asked your father for me. Got some important basic information about you that I need. So I know already." Soojin answered.

"Then do you know that I have no idea that my future wife will be you?" 

"I thought you knew at first but after our first meeting, then I confirmed it with my parents. They said your father didn't tell you about me at all." 

"Yeah, right." 

"But I think it's a good decision that he's not telling you because who knows you might not come knowing that it's me." 

"Why do you think so?" 

"Just guessing. Am I wrong?" 

"Well, maybe." Shuhua shrugged her shoulders. Then she noticed that Soojin's looking at her. 

"What?" 

"Yeh Shuhua, let's start over. A proper start over. Hi, my name is Seo Soojin. I hope we can be friends? I want to know more about you." 

Shuhua hummed and drummed her fingers on the table as she tried to see if Soojin was joking around but she looked serious. 

"Friends huh?" 

"Yes. For a starter. You don't expect us to be a lover right away, don't you?" 

"What if I do?" 

"What?" 

"Kidding. Alright. Friends it is. Even though I still feel something more for you" 

Shuhua blinked her eyes innocently at Soojin who was looking at her, dumbfounded. 

"So you still like me." Soojin mumbled. 

"Well. I haven't like anyone else after you so... Yeah. And we're aware that we'll marry each other." Shuhua said and now Soojin chuckled and crossed her arms. 

"In case you forgot, that's for you and also me to decide after 6 months. It's not confirmed yet." Soojin said. 

"I know. But I have this image in my head that it's going to happen." 

"What image?" 

"You and I. Our marriage." 

"Yeh Shuhua, are you saying that we will marry for sure?" 

"Yes." Shuhua answered firmly. 

"How sure are you?" 

"100%. Because I'm not the old Yeh Shuhua. I'll make sure you won't marry anyone else but me." 

"..." 

"Because if you don't, it's your loss. I'm everyone's type you know." Shuhua smirked. 

Soojin scoffed and looked away. Truth is, her heart is playing with her with all the fast beating. She tried to not show it to Shuhua. 

"But don't worry. I'll let you experience some courting and more romantic dates. Leave it all to me. I'll show you what it's like to date me." Shuhua said again.

"Hm. Then I'll look forward to it." Soojin replied.

"Ok, Seo Soojin."