3rd chap

Honey

"Did you know?"

"What do you me-" 

"Did you know that I'll be meeting Soojin? I know you're still keeping in touch with her unnie, so don't you ever lie." 

"I-" 

Shuhua heard Miyeon sighed from the other line. 

"I'm sorry, Shuhua ya." 

"So you knew. That's why you seemed worried when we talked about it over dinner last time."

"Yes I-" 

"Did she know though?" 

"Know what?" 

"That it's me." 

Shuhua heard Miyeon released another sigh and Shuhua closed her eyes in frustration. 

"Yeah." 

"So I'm the only one who have no clue at all. But unnie... Did she know?" 

"About what now?" 

"About what I've gone through after her rejection and all that's happening between us."

"No. I never told her about it. She and Soyeon only know that I become friends with you and Yuqi." 

"Soyeon unnie?" 

"Yeah. She went to Japan with her." 

"Oh. Ok." 

"Shu? I know I should've told you when I found out about it but really, I don't know how to tell you. I-" 

"It's ok unnie. I'm sorry for getting upset." 

"How do you feel though? Does Yuqi know already?" 

"I actually don't know what to feel but then, it's kinda good to see her again. And no, I haven't told Yuqi. Do you think she'll react badly?" 

"Well. Can't say she'll be calm about it." 

"Right. It's ok. She's Yuqi, she'll get over it."

"Yeah. And hey, are you sure you're ok?" 

"I'm ok, unnie. I'm not the same heartbroken Shuhua anymore." 

"Ok but I'm here for you-" 

"Unnie. You worry too much. Are you sure you've moved on from me already?" 

"YAH! I'm trying to comfort you here and yes! I've moved on from you already. There, happy??" 

"Hahahaha I was only kidding unnie. But hmm, ok. If you say so~" 

"Yah yah. What do you mean? I don't like you anymore. Ugh, I honestly regret confessing to you. Why did I even like you before?" 

"Like I said unnie, I am everyone's type. Ok gotta go. Talk to you again next time. Byebye unnie!" 

Shuhua laughed and ended the call without waiting for Miyeon's reply. She was contemplating if she should call Yuqi to let her know that her future wife is Seo Soojin. 

"Ah. Yuqi gonna flip a table. I'll tell her when I meet her."

Shuhua then put her phone on her bedside table. She then flopped on her bed and looked up at the ceiling.

"Seo Soojin. I thought I've forgotten about you but as soon as I see you again, I suddenly remembered about everything. I guess, you never really left my mind. I'm the one who forced myself to think that I really forget you when I never did. Not even once."

 

 

 

.... 

 

 

 

On the next day, Shuhua prepared everything while waiting for Soojin's arrival. When it's time, she went down to welcome Soojin personally from the entrance.

The staffs were curious of who's the guest that even Shuhua went down to wait for her. When Soojin have finally arrived, the staffs gasped seeing Soojin's appearance. 

Who wouldn't know Seo Soojin, one of the model and actress Cho Miyeon's best friend. The heiress and new CEO of SJ Group. Soojin made it into the list of the young and successful woman just last year.

She's known not only for her lovely personality, but also for her smart brain and her beauty. She's hard to approach, no one dares to. Soojin always put on her strong aura when she's in public.

Shuhua was having alot of thoughts running inside her mind when Soojin's coming closer. She was thinking if this is even real. She didn't know why fate make her cross path with Soojin again, moreover to have her as her future wife. Shuhua doesn't know if she should feel happy or worried for her heart. 

After all, she was once a wrecked and broken hearted because of Soojin.

"Good morning. Welcome to Yeh Corporation." Shuhua tried her best to stay calm and be professional even though her heart was doing otherwise.

"Good morning. Thank you for welcoming me." Soojin replied.

"Would you like to come up to my office first so I can explain briefly to you about the company." Shuhua said.

"Sure."

Shuhua nodded and gestured Soojin to follow her while Soojin's secretary followed them from behind, walking closely with Kimmy. 

The four of them went into Shuhua's office and Shuhua asked Kimmy to take the honour to brief Soojin about their rules and regulations, some important notes about the company and what's necessary for Soojin to know while Soojin's secretary take notes of what Kimmy had explained.

"So, is there anything else you would want to know?" Shuhua asked Soojin.

"Yeah but I want your secretary to answer this though." Soojin said.

Kimmy looked at Shuhua and Shuhua nodded her head. 

"Yes Ms. Seo?" Kimmy turned to Soojin.

"You're working under Yeh Shuhua or Mr. Yeh?"

"Ms. Yeh Shuhua."

"How is she? Is she strict with the employees?"

Shuhua looked at Soojin in curiosity but Soojin only keep looking at Kimmy, demanding an answer. 

"Ms. Yeh have been very good to us. She is friendly and treat all of us like a family but she can be strict at times too. She takes care of us properly."

"So, your loyalty lies with her?"

"Yes." Kimmy answered firmly with confidence which make Shuhua proud.

"Aigoo. You're doing good, Kimmy." Shuhua patted Kimmy's head who's blushing but still mumbling a thank you to Shuhua.

"I would like to talk to Shuhua alone please. Somi, would you please wait for me outside? " Soojin suddenly said and looked at her secretary. 

"Kimmy, please assist Somi and keep her company." Shuhua told her secretary to take care of Soojin's secretary.

After their secretaries were out, Shuhua still looking at the door without saying anything. While Soojin who was sitting opposite to her, crossed her legs and leaned back against the sofa. 

"There's one thing that have been bothering me." Soojin started.

"Yes?" Shuhua asked and looking at the coffee table in front of them.

"Are you being honest when you said you don't remember me? Because no matter how I want to be stupid to believe you but I just can't."

"..."

"Yeh Shuhua?"

Shuhua cursed silently again when Soojin called her name. 

"I don't forget you completely but I was just not sure if you're the Soojin that I know."

"What? There's only one Seo Soojin."

"Who knows, some other people might have the same name too."

"Yeah, but it's impossible for anybody else to have my name and my face too."

"Well. I don't really remember your face. I mean, maybe I do but just... You look abit different now."

"I think I look the same or you're just making excuse."

"No you don't. And no I'm not. Why would I make excuses?"

"I don't know. You tell me."

"What? What should I tell you?"

"Of why did you keep giving excuses."

"I told you I did not."

"But I don't believe you."

"I never ask you to believe me. If you don't want to believe me then it's up to you."

"You sound bitter."

"Since when you know how I sound like if I were bitter?"

"Since now."

"No. I'm not bitter I-"

"YEH SHUHUAAAAA! WHY DIDN'T YOU ANS- OH MY GOD!"

Both Soojin and Shuhua were startled when a door suddenly slammed opened and Yuqi came in without knocking while Kimmy bowed and looked at Shuhua apologetically. 

Yuqi's jaw dropped as her eyes didn't even blink while staring at Soojin. Shuhua sighed and rubbed her temple. She gestured Kimmy to close the door and let Yuqi inside with them.

"THE HELL IS SHE DOING HERE???!" Yuqi mouthed exaggeratedly at Shuhua.

"Yuqi, come here. This is my best friend-"

"Song Yuqi. Your one and only best friend. Nation's favourite emcee after Jaesuk. One of the most wanted emcee and won popularity award last year. I know." Soojin said after cutting Shuhua off.

"Daebak. I don't know that I'm famous." Yuqi gasped and approached them.

"Well you missed out one thing. I'm the prettiest emcee of South Korea." Yuqi said then bowed before she sat down beside Shuhua.

"Long time no see, Yuqi. I'm glad that you're doing well." Soojin said.

"Of course I am. Wow, you remembered me???"

"My memory is good, unlike someone here." Soojin said then looked at Shuhua.

"Excuse me??" Shuhua looked offended.

"What? Why?" Yuqi asked.

"She pretend to forget about me and I don't like it at all. Plus, she got bitter with me just on our second day of meeting after a loooong time." Soojin said.

"I told you I did not." Shuhua replied.

"But I know you are. You know its easier to be honest than denying."

"I am being honest. I'm even more honest than you. I'm an honest person."

"You're an honest person but you still lied to me."

Yuqi looked to them both back and forth and scratched her head.

"If I don't know any better, I would think you two were having a lover's quarrel right now." Yuqi said.

"We're not lovers." Shuhua told Yuqi.

"Which brings me back to my question, why is she here?" Yuqi asked.

"Remember when I told you dad found me someone."

"NO WAY! SOOJIN IS YOUR WIFE?!" Yuqi covered with her palm and widened her eyes.

"Yah! She's not my wife! Please correct your words." Shuhua hissed and slapped Yuqi's arm.

"Well. I think I'm done here. Thanks for everything, Yeh Shuhua. I'll make sure to give good words about you and the company to my father. You two can have your best friends moment now." Soojin said standing up and grabbed her handbag.

"Also, I'm glad that you're starting to warm up a little bit. I'm sorry for annoying you, I did it just so you're not being awkward with me anymore. I hope we can put the past behind and focus on what's going on currently, we'll talk again when you're ready to have a real talk with me about our family arrangement. Just give me a call whenever you're ready." Soojin said and put her business card on the coffee table. She just left without waiting for Shuhua's or Yuqi's respond.

Shuhua groaned and slumped down against her sofa. 

"Yuqi ya, what should I do?"

Yuqi looked at her best friend sadly.