9th chap

Honey

"Very well. I think we both agreed to continue with this project, yes?"

"Yes. I can assure you that my company will help settle all of the process for you, Mr. Yontararak"

"Great! I'm putting my trust in you"

Shuhua smiled at Mr. Yontararak as she watched him signed the agreement in front of her eyes. 

"Here it is" He said and closed the document as he pushed it to Shuhua.

Shuhua checked everything and nodded as she make sure that he signed everything before giving the document to Kimmy who is beside her.

"It's a pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Yontararak" Shuhua said and accepted the handshake that Mr. Yontararak has offered.

"Likewise. I can't wait to see the result"

"I promise you won't regret this"

"I'll hold onto your words"

Shuhua chuckled and nodded her head. 

"I'm sorry that it took us 4 days to reach to our final agreement on this matter. I really need to think it through and reviewed the proposal once again" Mr. Yontararak informed her.

"I totally understand. There's nothing to worry about"

"Good. I have to go now, I have another meeting. It's nice doing business with you. Let's meet again soon"

"Sure. Have a safe drive"

They all shook hands again before leaving the meeting room together. Mr. Yontararak immediately excused himself with his secretary to prepare for another meeting at somewhere else.

"Can't believe we're done sooner than expected. Right, Kimmy?"

"Yes, Ms. Yeh"

Just when Shuhua wanted to continue walking towards the elevator, someone familiar came out of it and approached her.

"Well well, look who's here" The woman said and eyed Shuhua up and down. 

"Hello. Its been a long time"

"Yeah. Been a long time indeed" The woman whispered.

"Hm. You've gotten prettier than the last time I saw you" She added.

"I know. Thanks anyway" Shuhua replied which causes her to laugh.

"Wanna grab a drink with me?" She asked.

Shuhua looked at her watch then she turned to Kimmy. 

"You can go back to the hotel first, Kimmy. Tell the driver that I'll be on my own" 

"Alright, Ms. Yeh. Let me know if you need anything." Kimmy replied which Shuhua just nodded in return.

The woman smiled in a friendly way to Kimmy before she turned her attention to Shuhua again.

"Shall we go now?" The woman asked Shuhua.

"Yeah, let's go"

 

 

... 

 

 

"Welcome Ms. Yontararak"

They went to one of Yontararak's restaurant inside their hotel and the staff greeted them politely like always.

"We have a private space available, Ms. Yontararak" Said the staff.

"No, it's ok. We'll just sit here. Is that ok, Shu?"

"Yeah. I don't mind"

The woman smiled and gestured Shuhua to sit. When they both settled down and ordered their drinks, the woman put her chin on top of her intertwined fingers. 

"How's business with my dad?" She asked.

"Great. I think it'll be very good for both of us" Shuhua answered.

"How about you? How have you been doing, Minnie unnie?" Shuhua asked. 

Yes, the woman named Minnie, is the only daughter of Yontararak. She's the heiress and the youngest in the family. 

"I'm fine. Been exploring the world until I get tired already and decided to try something new" She said. 

"I didn't expect to meet you here at all. I thought you'll be somewhere far, doing your crazy adventure" Shuhua told her. 

"Me too. I just came back a few weeks ago. When I heard that you're meeting dad, I came to see you right away. Luckily, I came on time" 

"Why do you want to see me?" 

"Heeeey. I missed you ok. You're the only one who doesn't judge me and so far are the most trusted friend I've ever had in my life" 

"Hahahaha ok ok. So, what's your plan now?" 

"Hmm. My brother asked me if I would want to handle his current position for him as he'll be busy trying to catch up with dad and preparing to finally take over the CEO position as dad kept asking him already" 

"Your brother's position in the company?" 

"Yeah. As a chief financial officer" 

"That's a very important responsibility" 

"I know right? Me, the cheerful Nicha Yontararak holding that position? It doesn't sit well with me" 

"Why not? I think you'll do well. Who knows, you'll do great" 

"I don't know. I would like to still have my freedom" 

"You can still have your freedom you know, just try to learn how to balance your life" 

"Hm. Oh well, I already agreed with my brother. So, there's no going back" 

"Mhm. Good luck!" 

They paused when their drinks was served. 

"It's just how I like it. You better keep your staff" Shuhua praised as she enjoyed her drinks. 

"Thanks!" Minnie smiled. 

"So, mind to update me about you as well?" Minnie asked. 

"What's there about me?" Shuhua asked back. 

"Oh come on. Any interesting facts, just... Anything? Maybe about your love life? Are you with someone already?" 

"Hm"

Shuhua paused as she thought about Soojin, they are kind of in something together but they are not in a relationship yet. 

"Maybe yea, maybe no" Shuhua answered. 

"Huh? That's confusing" Minnie frowned. 

"Right? I'm confused myself. Why did you ask though?" 

"Just curious. I mean, for a goddess like you. It's hard to not have anyone falling for you" Minnie said honestly. 

"I know but I have a high standard" Shuhua smirked. 

"That... I know, since I'm your type" Minnie winked. 

Shuhua just laughed as she remembered her first interaction with Minnie.

It started off when Shuhua asked for a way to go to the bathroom and Minnie replied her coldly as she was not in a good mood at that time, which got Shuhua commenting "Oh. Cold. You're just my type" and got Minnie taken aback by her bold statement. But then, that's the start of their cute friendship. 

"Am I still your type?" Minnie asked. 

"I'm sorry unnie. It won't work for us" Shuhua chuckled. 

"Whyyy? You're single, I'm single. We both hit it off pretty well"

"I can only be with you as a friend. I'm sorry again, unnie" 

"That's not fair. I haven't done anything but you've rejected me already. Ouch" 

"It's ok. You'll move on with life just like how you always do" 

"Wah, really now" 

Minnie can't help but to laugh along when Shuhua couldn't stop laughing at her. 

"That's too bad. I would love to introduce you to my family as my girlfriend. I bet my parents especially my dad will be happy and will stop trying to match me with a random stranger" Minnie said. 

"Oh? Why?" 

"They said they're getting old and they wanted to see me with my life partner and even better, if I would want to get married already" 

"So they've arranged a marriage for you?" 

"Almost. But I managed to stop them and told them I'll bring my lover to them before the year ends" 

"And?" 

"They said ok. But I can't find anyone yet" Minnie pouted. 

"I'm sure you'll find someone unnie. Anyone would love to have you as a partner" Shuhua said. 

"Then, would you?" Minnie smiled again. 

"Hm. Maybe I'll play along if you were to ask me this few months ago" 

"Eh. Why? Why can't it be now?" 

"Well. Let's just say, our parents have the same thinking" 

"Oh no. You're in an arranged marriage??! Yaaah. Spill it. Now!" 

Shuhua sighed and have no choice but to tell Minnie everything as she knew Minnie wouldn't stop bothering her if she didn't tell her the details. 

"but first... Do you remember about my first love, unnie?" 

 

And so, Shuhua is telling Minnie everything she needs to know as Minnie listened attentively.