1st chap

Honey

It was a good weather. People were busy doing their daily routines. Some were busy with works, some were busy with school stuffs, some were busy with other personal things and all. 

However, a certain woman was busy whining to her friend through a phone call as she was swivelling in the chair at her office.

"Please search for my body if I decide to hire someone to kidnap me and abandon me somewhere I don't know." 

"The hell you talking about. You're being over dramatic here." 

"Then maybe you can help me find a doctor to cure my dad's mind." 

"Come on. I'm sure it wasn't that bad." 

"You said that because you were not in my place! Yuqi yaaaa, you know me. I can't just marry someone I don't want to marry at all." 

"Ok ok. I'm sorry. But Shuhua ya, uncle said it's your future wife. Just future, not a wife yet. You're not going to marry her right away."

"I know but-" 

"Listen. There's nothing wrong to meet the person first. I mean, if things go wrong, you can just talk about it with uncle again. But then, who knows the person is nice then maybe you can gain a new friend instead?" 

"Sigh..." 

"I'll say you meet her first and see how it goes. Hm? There's nothing to lose here." 

"Fiiiineee." 

"Good! That's our Shushu!" 

Yes, the woman was Yeh Shuhua. The beautiful heiress of Yeh Corporation. 

"Alright, Yuqi ya. I'll meet her."

"Be pretty. I know you're not interested in meeting her but at least show that you are, just to be polite."

"Yeah yeah. I'll try. I'll let you know about the meeting." 

"You better. I need to go now. You can call me again if you have any problems. You know I'll always be here for you." 

Shuhua smiled and nodded even though she knows Yuqi cannot see her. 

"Ok Yuqi. Byebye."

She hung up and put her phone down on her office desk. She sighed and rubbed her face.

"Yeh Shuhua. Life really love to give you surprises huh." She talked to herself.

Just then, she heard a knock and her secretary's voice. 

"Come in." She said and waited till her secretary entered.

"Hello Ms. Yeh." She bowed and a file in her hands.

"Mm, Kimmy. Did you check the document already?"

"Yes. Everything's correct and follows well according to the agenda." Kimmy said and handed her the file.

"Ok good. Do I have any other appointment today?"

"Ah yes. A dinner with Ms. Cho."

Shuhua rolled her eyes. 

"When did I agree for the dinner?"

"Um, yesterday?"

"Right. Ok thanks, Kimmy. You can go now."

Kimmy bowed once again before she left. Shuhua took the file that Kimmy just gave and do a quick review on it before she call it a day.

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry for coming late. I hope you didn't wait for long."

Shuhua crossed her arms as she glared at the person who just came to the restaurant and sat down opposite of her while fixing her hair. 

"Unnie, you make me wait for an hour."

"Now now, it's not good to lie. I'm awared that you only came 5 minutes ago. I asked the manager outside."

"Ugh. Ok fine, Cho Miyeon unnie."

The older woman grinned and finally done fixing her hair. They were inside a private room that were reserved for them only.

"I've ordered the food in advanced. You still like the same thing right?" Shuhua asked.

"Yeah! Thanks."

"Mm." Shuhua only nodded and drinks her water.

"So, how was work?" Miyeon asked her.

"Nothing new. Just same old thing." Shuhua answered.

"Heard your father found you a wife." Miyeon said as she sipped her water too.

"Then you heard it wrong. I never marry anyone."

"Yet."

Shuhua glared at the chuckling Miyeon. 

"Ok ok. But seriously though, how is she?"

"Who?"

"Your future wife. Who else?"

"Haven't met her." Shuhua mumbled.

"Oh. But don't you know who's the girl?"

"No. My father only said I'll meet her next week. He never tell me what's her name and any of her detail."

"What? You never ask?"

"Never. I was busy sulking because he tried to match me without asking me first."

Shuhua pouted thinking about it again. The reason she just go along with this was because she loves her father alot. Miyeon frowned after hearing Shuhua's answer. She bit her bottom lip and looked at Shuhua. 

"Shu, are you seeing anyone?"

Shuhua looked at her in confusion. 

"I mean, are you not dating anyone?"

"Unnie. You know me for life. You and Yuqi know well that I never get the chance and time to date at all. I was busy climbing up for my position right now after graduating." Shuhua said.

"So not even a fling?" Miyeon asked again.

"Nope."

"Wow. What a waste. You should've just agreed to date me back then."

"Unnie. I thought you've moved on already."

Miyeon gasped and put her hand on her chest. 

"Excuse me. What I had for you was just a crush, nothing more. I don't really need to move on. The feelings faded away." Miyeon explained herself.

"But now that I think of it, we would make a good looking couple." Shuhua wiggled her eyebrows.

"If you're trying to finally return my feelings, don't. You're too late, Yeh Shuhua. You're not my type anymore."

"Hey! That's impossible. I am everyone's type." Shuhua said and flipped her hair.

"Yeah. Call Yuqi and ask her to confirm it, I'm sure she'll be on my side."

"That's because you guys are annoying."

Miyeon laughed at Shuhua before she cleared . She looked at Shuhua as she keep thinking of either she should say what's on her mind or not but then, they got interrupted when the waiter appeared to serve them their dinner.

"Let's eat first unnie."

"Ok."

Miyeon then decided not to ruin Shuhua's mood and enjoy their dinner.

"You know, I'm older than you. You should have let me pay for the dinner." Miyeon told her when they're walking out of the restaurant.

"Nope. You can treat me next time unnie."

The two of them waited by the entrance for their drivers respectively. While waiting, Miyeon was thinking again about mentioning a certain someone to Shuhua.

"Oh, our cars are here." Shuhua said which make her snapped back from her thoughts.

"I had a good time unnie. Let's have dinner again next time, we'll get Yuqi to join us too." Shuhua told her.

"Yeah. That would be great. Also, can you please give me a call and let me know about your meeting with your future wife?" Miyeon asked.

"Hahaha. Ok unnie, I will. Go home safely. Let me know when you're home already. Byebye unnie."

Miyeon nodded and hugged Shuhua before letting her go. She watched Shuhua got into her car and waved as she see her leaving. 

"I hope she'll be fine." Miyeon mumbled before going into her car.