Chapter 7 - Not Without You

Not Without You

Irene's POV

"You two have a seat." A staff member said

It's been 3 years since we started as trainees. Wendy and I graduated from high school just like that. We've been training continuously, and I think we both enjoyed most of our trainee days. It was hard, of course, but I guess being together made it seem easier.

What made it more interesting was the fact that we lived in the same dorm. Staying together in the same space was the best part of it. We've gotten even closer than before.

However, just now, trainees were asked to gather. Our assigned manager informed us that we would be transferring to another dormitory. Isn't that exciting?

Our current dormitory was a bit stuffy, so we've wanted to move for quite a while. Now there are 12 of us here waiting for further instructions.

It took the manager a minute to start grouping us.

"Where's the newest trainee here?" he asks.

A girl with a really pretty smile timidly raised her hand. "It's me, sir."

She was asked to move outside first, so she left the room right away.

"Next one is the longest trainee who raps?"

Wendy pushed me forward. "Hey, that's you."

Me? I looked around and nobody else was responding, so I decided to raise my hand.

"That would be me, sir."

Okay, you follow me. The rest of you can go back to your dormitory. "

Wait, what? Why are we going separately? I looked at Wendy with confusion, and she was just as confused as I was.

But I can't help it. I guess I'll have to ask.

"Pardon me, sir, but... is it just the other trainee outside and me who's leaving?"

Now he looks confused as well.

"Aren't you informed yet?"

Informed about what? I shrugged.

"My bad. Anyway, congratulations to you, miss. You're about to make your debut with the other trainees outside. Other members are already waiting for you in your new dormitory.

I'm about to debut...

I'm supposed to make my debut?

For a moment, I froze.

Debut? No, this is not how I imagined things to be.

Debuting without her? We already talked about these things, but this time it's just so... different. The thought of it can't seem to make me happy at the moment.

---

 

Wendy's POV

I fixed my gaze on Irene. She was just standing there, staring into thin air. I was stunned when I heard our manager speak. I felt like crying, though I know I shouldn't. That would make Irene feel even worse.

It's just...sad. Yet most of what I felt was worry.

The fact that she'd go there alone worries me so much.

"Sir, am I really debuting already?" Irene finally spoke.

"Why? You don't want to? "

"No, sir, I didn't mean it that way, I just..." She looked at me as she hesitated.

We both dreamed of this together, and I know how important this is to her. So I gave her a thumbs-up to let her know that I was okay with it.

"Great, then let's go."

We both had no choice. I had to see her leave the room in despair. I am still happy for her, though.

It ain't over 'til it's over, they say. Or so I thought.