Chapter 5 - She and Her Personality

Not Without You


 

Wendy's POV

 

I had awoken from the sound of my alarm, but I kept my eyes closed for a while because of the gleaming light from my window.

 

Ahh, such nice weather today.

 

I reached out for my phone when I realized I had fallen asleep while waiting for messages last night. But within seconds, I found myself groaning on the floor.

 

Dang, I just fell from my bed!

 

But YEEES! I just opened my inbox and saw the same message that Irene received!

 

And yes. I fell as I was rolling in excitement.

 

--

 

 

I entered our classroom and ran towards Irene, who was now sleeping on her desk. "Irene! Hey. Are you okay?"

 

She lifted her head, and jeez!

 

"Wow. You look... nasty." I teased.

 

She looks so tired that the bags under her eyes are heavy enough to hold the burden of ME being drop-dead gorgeous... (Kidding!)

 

She grabbed me by the collar and looked at me with those sleepless eyes. "You...Why won't you reply to any of my messages!"

 

Messages? I brought my phone out at once to check, and she was telling the truth.

 

Oh dear, here comes another argument.

 

My phone is flooded with her messages from last night. There are even messages sent at four AM. Her messages were all about the audition, asking if I received messages and such.

 

"You didn't even read them?!" she yelled.

 

"I'm so sorry. The truth is, I fell asleep last night..." I wasn't done talking yet, but I knew she'd come for me, so I ran outside as fast as I can.

 

"Sleep!? How could you sleep so soundly to not wake up from hundreds of phone rings, you *******—!"

 

She was literally running after me, but I got caught at the end of the hallway where I had nowhere else to turn.

 

"Hold on..." I uttered as I tried to catch my breath. "Are you even sure you didn't get any sleep last night? Cause boy, you run so fast."

 

She looked at me in disbelief. She raised her hand as if she was about to smack me but chose to walk away instead.

 

"Don't tell me you're sullen again." I tried teasing her, but she still continued to walk away.

 

Knowing she was genuinely upset, I had no other choice but to yell. "Irene! We'll be trainees together. I PASSED THE AUDITION!"

 

She stopped walking. I was expecting her to run towards me all excited, yet she didn't even look back.

 

"Hey, I said I passed the audition," I repeated as I went after her.

 

In a second or two, she was already sitting there, hugging her knees... sobbing.

 

Wait, why is she suddenly crying?

 

Slowly, I was about to pat her back. "I'm sorry—" but she stood up and turned to me.

 

"Do you even know how worried I was?! I kept sending you messages because I was too anxious to sleep! I can't even take my eyes off my phone, wondering! I had so many "what ifs!" But, you? You dared to sleep and didn't even bother to reply as you woke up!?"

 

Wait, what? I laughed. I laughed so hard that I even forgot she was crying.

 

She's known for her cold and laid-back personality, but she's crying over these things. Come on.

 

"Now you have the audacity to laugh?!"

 

I responded with a hug instead... because, seriously? I think she's adorable right now. Still, I couldn't let her look at my face while I held back my laughter, so I held her tight.

 

She resisted and even slapped my back.

 

"OUCH! OWW." I groaned.

 

"Tch. Now you're even overreacting!"

 

Oh, I'm not overreacting dear. I fell from my bed this morning. My back still hurts...