Chapter 12 - Roommates

Not Without You

 

Wendy, who's used to waking up to the sound of her loud alarm, ends up waking up to Irene's loud snoring.

"She must have not slept for days." She thought.

Wendy as a new member gets to stay at Yeri's room, but Irene insists that they sleep in hers. She refused to let Wendy go since she had entered the dormitory.

Leaving Irene to sleep, Wendy decides to fix her stuff in the opposite room. There she meets one of her group members, Joy, her roommate, getting ready for the day.

"Hi, can I come in?"

"Oh sure, you can put your stuff in there." She points out a beguiling blue closet.

Wendy scans the room, appreciating the appeal of the blue-themed space. It felt as if her room was meant for her. Upon lying on her bed, she got lost in her own thoughts.

"There's nothing in there... how come the ceiling looks so lovely?" She whispers to herself.

 

--

"Why can't you do me a favor just once!?"  A loud yelling echoed from outside.

Wendy gets up to take a peek, only to see Irene arguing with Joy.

"I told you, I don't want to be roommates with this bear-looking one!" Joy insists.

"Hey, what's wrong with me? You're hurting my feelings!"  The member, Seulgi protested, acting all offended and sullen.

The group continued to argue about their current roommates, but Irene was firm with her decision to switch rooms with Joy in order to stay closer to Wendy.

"Fine! If you don't want to move, then let Seulgi come to you! Our new member is staying with me! Right Wendy?" 

The thought of it made Wendy hesitate. She totally fell in love with her assigned room. How could she give it up over an argument? 

"Hey Joy, can you please switch rooms just this once?" As Wendy suggests instead, she leans closer to Joy and whispers directly into her ears. "You see, I really like the room I'm in. Can you please let Irene be for now?" 

Joy pauses. What's so good about that room?

After a minute of pondering, Joy decides to move her things to Irene's space. 

"How could you agree with Wendy but not even listen to me?!" -Irene

"Why shouldn't I? I liiike her!" Joy says lavishly.

She was getting on Irene's nerves. In the end, Irene couldn't take the teasing and decided to stay silent. She was obviously jealous this time.

On the other hand, Wendy was enjoying the triumph of not having to move. 

--

 

Seulgi's POV

Upon ending the argument, I dragged Joy to the bathroom. 

"How could you do this to me?!"

Joy gave me an apologetic smile and started her daydreaming "Wendy's pretty cute, don't you think? I haven't seen such an adorable person for so long... And hey!"  Her grim expression came to light."Do you really think I wanted to do that?! Even I can't believe I agreed. Now I'm stuck with you. I have to move stuff as well!" 

"Why'd you agree! Now I can't stay with Irene. And, did you have to protest that way? I really felt like there was something wrong with me... you could've just said no." 

I don't know Wendy personally, but... she and Irene seemed so close. Close enough to leave me hopeless in... you know.