Your Childhood Friend?

Steal Your Heart

Next day...
Hyungwon and JeongMi's bruises are still visible but their condition of their bodies is better than yesterday, so they still went to the school.

When they came inside the classroom, they heard Nayeon said, "Oh! They're here." with a loud annoying voice.

Hyungwon and JeongMi just ignored her and sat on their respective seats.

When it is their break time, there's a guy went to JeongMi and asked, "Hello JeongMi! I don't know you transferred here. When did you transfer here?"

"Oh, Wonho! I just had my first day on Monday." JeongMi answered.

"So, how are you?" Wonho asked worriedly when he saw bruises and wounds on JeongMi's face.

"I'm good. How about you? I didn't see you on my first day here."

"I was not present that day. How about you? Why do you have bruises and wounds on your face? Why were you absent yesterday?" Wonho asked curiously.

"Yesterday? Uhm. I got beaten with Hyungwon..."

"WHAT?! HYUNGWON BEAT YOU?!"

"No, Wonho! I mean, Hyungwon and I got beaten by Nayeon's friends." JeongMi said.

"Hanbin and Jiwon? Aish. Those guys! You should take care of yourself. And that bruise, they did that to you, right?" Wonho asked as he pointed on JeongMi's bruise on the left side of her eye.

"Yes... Honestly, I was just the only one who got beaten but Hyungwon came to save me." JeongMi explained.

"Hyungwon... He saved you." Wonho said, chuckling a bit sarcastically.

"Hey JeongMi!" Hyungwon interrupted.

"Yes, Hyungwon?" JeongMi asked.

"Nothing. I thought you were not here." Hyungwon said as he went beside JeongMi and put his arm on her shoulder.

"What's up, Wonho?" Hyungwon asked as he looked at Wonho who is obviously getting jealous.

"Nothing, Chae Hyungwon! Thanks for saving my childhood friend." Wonho answered as he rolled his eyes and left the two.

"What did he say?! Chi-childhood friend?" Hyungwon asked JeongMi curiously.

"Yes, Hyungwon. We're childhood friends." JeongMi said as she faced Hyungwon.

"What the- I didn't know about this." Hyungwon sighed deeply then he ran and looked for Wonho.

==========

"Ya! Shin Hoseok!" Hyungwon called Wonho who is about to get inside the school's garden.

"What is it, Hyungwon?" Wonho asked as he opened the entrance door of the garden

"May I talk to you?"

"Sure. Let's talk inside the garden." Wonho said and they entered the garden and sat on the bench.

"What do you want to talk about?" Wonho asked.

"You and JeongMi..."

"Us?"

Hyungwon just nodded.

"What is it? Just say it to me." Wonho said.

"Nothing. I just didn't know that you and JeongMi are childhood friends."

"Oh, yeah. And so?" Wonho chuckled a bit as he scratched his nape.

"Uhh-it's just... How did you become friends?"

"My parents and her parents are friends. We were also neighbors before but my family moved into a new house when I was 14, so we couldn't communicate often. We just talk through phone calls and text messages but I can't talk to her personally because our house is a bit far from them. It's not a walking distance anymore." Wonho explained and Hyungwon noticed his sad expression.

"Oh, is that so? But you should be still happy because you're classmates with her and still friends." Hyungwon patted his back.

"Yeah, I know."

"You also work at her family's coffee shop. You often see her!" Hyungwon tried to cheer Wonho up because he looks so down. He can feel that Wonho always wants to be with that girl.

"True." Wonho said and smiled a little. "And oh, is it okay if I ask something too?"

"Sure! Go on."

"Do you have..uhh-perhaps a.. crush on JeongMi?"

Hyungwon was taken aback on Wonho's question. He didn't expect that this guy will ask a question to him about that. His cheeks started to heat up. "H-huh? No, I-I don't have." Hyungwon answered nervously.

Wonho just smirked. I know you have, it's obvious! You just don't want to tell me.

"Oh, okay. I'm sorry. I just misunderstood things these days." Wonho said and chuckled.

"We should go back to our classroom now. The teacher must be there already." Hyungwon said then they stood up and went back to their respective classroom together.