T W O

Come back to me (Chaennie)

The moment Jennie met Rosé, she knew she was going to be one of the most important people in her life.
She met her when she was eight years old, her parents had just divorced so they decided that they should start a new life in a new place, so they moved to a fairly quiet residential neighborhood.
Rosé lived across the street with her parents who were the first neighbors to come and introduce themselves and welcome them.
 Rosé was the first friend she made in the neighborhood. At school they were always together, at home, in practically every place they went. Especially a river that was close to their houses, where they spent practically all their afternoons.


Three years ago Rosé's father passed away, and many things have changed.


Starting with the main thing, Jennie and Rosé are not so close anymore. In some ways they still are, but only when they are at home, not at school. Different friendships, interest, tastes, made the friendship go away gradually but deep down they both missed each other and longed to go back to the times when they were best friends.

Jennie was a senior in school, her sister Jisoo was already in college and without Rosé she was practically alone in her neighborhood. She had many friends from school but none have been able to replace Rosé's position. The youngest one, on the other hand, had become cold and distant from everything, the sweet girl that Jennie loved so much had ended up becoming extinct. At a certain point the older one can understand it, the loss of her father undoubtedly affected Rosé very much and since they began to separate, the younger one no longer wanted to do anything with Jennie, she would stay away, isolating herself in class. As time went by Rosé began to disappear, things in her house must not have been very good because Jennie's mother also stopped being friends with Rosé's mother, the blonde left and returned three or four days later all disheveled and dirty as if she had come from an apocalypse. At first Jennie tried to talk to her and try to understand her but the younger one refused and ended up pushing her away completely. Her typical talks, sleepovers or picnics also disappeared, just a lazy greeting when they met, a couple of crosses of words and that was it.

That day Jennie was in her front yard throwing rocks at a pile of cans she had built when she saw a red car pull up to Rosé's house, the brunette stopped to watch the car with intrigue and after a few seconds Rosé came down from there with a serious frown, a male voice shouted something from inside making Rosé give her a slight fake smile, after that the car drove off leaving the blonde standing on the wax in front of Jennie.

"New boyfriend?" asked the older one, Rosé rolled her eyes.


"You don't have a new girlfriend too?" she asked, putting her purse on her shoulder. "Everyone at school thinks you and that girl...Irene, are together.


"At school they say a lot of stupid things" Jennie said to continue throwing rocks at the cans. A silence that crossed the street settled between them and Rosé only saw the older girl as if she were waiting for her to do something, to go back to her as before.

"Do you-do you know what month it is now?" She asked uncertainly, Jennie gave her a short glance to continue throwing stones, "It's our anniversary month," she said trying to get some gesture from the older one.


"Oh...I didn't remember" Jennie said, Rosé felt her heart squeeze with pain. "It's been years since we've celebrated."


"Maybe we should do it again," Rosé said furiously, turning to her home. Jennie stared at her back with confusion.

When Rosé entered her house he threw her bag on the sofa, she saw her mother sleeping on the table with her arms resting on it with a pile of glasses around her and an empty whisky bottle. She breathed a sigh before taking the glasses and leaving them in the dishwasher to go up to her room and lock herself in. She felt so down but in her outside, all she wanted to do was disappear and never be found, seeing Jennie's disinterest made her want it even more.

-

Rosé woke up on her bed in her uniform from the day before, her face was wet because she had cried all night, her head hurt, her eyes were swollen and black from the running makeup. She covered her face with her hand as she felt the sun hitting her hard, she had not closed the curtains the day before. 
After a few minutes, she got up and took her cell phone to check the time. She had exactly twenty minutes to shower, change, eat and go to school. In another situation, Rosé would have decided to stay home and sleep, but she prefer a thousand times to be out of that house than there, with her mother finishing all the bottles of alcohol or with the living memories of her father. 

She felt the sound of a horn from outside, she went to the window to see what it was, it was a small gray car that stopped at Jennie's house, after a few seconds a girl got out of it; it was Irene.

Jennie left her house half dressed while she was fixing her uniform, apparently she was not ready yet, she ran to Irene who received her with a slight blow to the head before planting a kiss on the lips of the brunette, Jennie was separated by hitting her shoulder running to the seat of the co-pilot.

"Liar" said Rosé to herself as she watched the car drive away.

After taking a short shower and getting ready not too quickly, she went to her mother's room to see her sleeping peacefully with open, uncovered and disheveled, she let out a sigh closing the door to go down to the first floor, she took her bag and left her house. In the distance she felt a noise of an extremely annoying engine stopping right at her house, it was the same red car of yesterday, the blonde implanted a forced smile on her face while she saw how the glass of the co-pilot went down letting the boy see.

"I take you to school?" he asked. Rosé nodded loosely as she climbed into the passenger seat.