E L E V E N

Come back to me (Chaennie)

Outside, there was still a great deal of expectant commotion, but inside Rosé's room, Jennie slowly ran her hands over the legs of the youngest girl carefully, watching as the cuts began to heal. Rosé looked at the older one with calmly, she felt relaxed when she had Jennie with her and felt even better when the girl kissed her.

"Will you let me help you?" Jennie asked, taking Rosé's hand. The younger one looked at her for a while to nod with a smile, causing Jennie to smile as well to approach her and put her lips together again.

The police officers would pull the crowd away from Rosé as they took her from her home to one of the ambulances there, the paramedics immediately began to heal her legs as they spoke to her.

"Jennie..." whispered the girl when she saw that the older one wasn't there. An adult woman got into the ambulance and approached her.

"Hi Roseanne, I'm Dr. Jung, I'm a friend of Jennie's mother" said the woman when she saw the girl's frown. "Would you feel more comfortable if Jennie went with you to the hospital?" the woman asked in a sweet tone. "I'll go get her" said the woman getting out of the ambulance, which reassured her a bit, at least she'd be with Jennie wherever they're taking her.

"When was your last meal?" a paramedic to her right asked.

"I haven't eaten today" she admitted.

"We'll put you on an IV of serum, okay?" the paramedic explain, Rosé nods as she watches a needle being buried in the veins of her forearm, and in almost seconds she can feel her body begin to respond to the fluid. A few minutes later, Jennie, her mother and Dr. Jung entered the vehicle again, taking a seat at Rosé's side. The brunette took her uninjected hand and gently caressed her hand, intertwining it with her own.

"Everything is going to be right, Rosé" Ms. Kim said with a reassuring smile. Rosé smiled back at her, feeling her heart swell as she felt something good coming her way, she looked at Jennie to her left and gave her a big smile.

---

Rosé had been in a psychiatric hospital for about a week. Jennie came to see her every day after school, sometimes even with the guys, which made her feel happy. 
It was really quiet inside the hospital, her room was very comfortable and quiet, with a cozy silence, it was on a second floor with a direct view to the central courtyard where all the inmates walked, a very green and lively place, flowery, happy, it seemed to be a place like paradise, peaceful, with a reassuring aura. While she was waiting for Jennie she always used to look at the patio until she saw it, always with a gift for her - food -. 

She hasn't heard from her mother, nor does she want to, at least not yet. These last few days she had felt very comfortable with herself, got a peace of mind that she hadn't had for a long time and she wanted to take advantage of it. Dr. Jung has also been very helpful, she has managed to get Rosé to trust her gradually, her medicines - despite being quite a few - have also helped a lot, the fact that she has Jennie and her new friends as well.

"When did you start to feel that something was changing in you?" Dr. Jung asked. They were in their first section since she entered the hospital. She hadn't felt very confident about opening up to the doctor yet, but that day she decided she needed to take off all the weight she had been carrying for years.

"Three years ago" she started. "After my father died, many things changed and it was a lot for me. My mind didn't help either so I started to feel that nobody really needed me, my mother also walked away from me too so I thought it was logical that I did too, but that caused me to feel abandoned because I didn't have anybody anymore, so I started to look for people and things that would make me feel that I wasn't a hindrance in life" she admitted with her eyes glued to the wall. "I think it was my father who didn't allow anything to happen to me in all the adventures and problems I was getting into."

"Did you have frequent fits of anger?"

"Over time they began to be more frequent, at first it was only anger or grief for having lost my father, then I began to feel a deep hatred for myself, for being a coward, useless, an idiot. But then I saw an opportunity, I think it was the only thing I have done for myself without blaming the rest..." she stopped smiling widely. "I dared to be something when I saw Jennie again"

"How is your relationship with her?" asked the doctor with a quiet smile. Rosé glanced at her with a smile.

"She's...the best friend in the world, she was always there for me since I was a little girl and she still is today" she laughed. "Although she always says she doesn't know how to make me feel better, the funny thing is that she does it without realizing it" she said, laughing again. "When I'm with her it's all so...colorful, happy, I feel safe, it's like there's nothing wrong with me. She is like a light I saw at the right time" she said with admiration. Dr. Jung wrote down in her notebook what she thought was relevant from the interview with Rosé and got up from her seat when she felt the door open, Mrs. Kim and Jennie came in with some bags in their hands.

"Talking about the queen of Rome" said the woman with a laugh.

"What queen?" Jennie asked, looking at Rosé, who laughed as she saw Jennie's confused face.