T H R E E

Come back to me (Chaennie)

The day went by normally, that's mean, Rosé did not talk to anyone, or look at anyone, or make any gesture. Just like every day she watched Jennie and how happy she was with her group of friends sitting at a table in the cafeteria. Rosé, as usual, was sitting alone at a table watching as everyone went about their lives normally without stopping to look at her.

After school she walked home, not interested in doing anything, though she wanted to have somewhere to go. She went the long way, between streets not to arrive home, walked for hours until it started to get dark and noticed that she was near the river where she used to go with Jennie when they were children. Something stirred inside her, she really missed her best friend. She walked to the river past some plants that used to be there, it was her hiding place with Jennie. When she got there she found the brunette she longed for sitting smoking a cigarette while she looked at the water.

"I didn't know you smoked" she said, attracting the attention of the elder who looked at her strangely.

"Rosé? You here?" she asked in surprise, the younger one nodding, sitting next to Jennie. The older one was a bit strange to be so close to the blonde so suddenly. Rosé, on the other hand, was happy to have Jennie around again, it was like going back three years when they were practically one. The younger one took the brunette's cigarette out of and put it aside, Jennie frowned "I was using that" she said serious, Rosé let out a laugh and then Jennie felt her heart pumping to hear that laugh again.

"I have too," she said, taking a pack out of her pocket, Jennie was still impressed by the girl's attitude. Rosé took out a cigarette, put it in and with a lighter she lit it and then took it out and left it on the floor next to Jennie's cigarette.

"You know it goes in the mouth, right?" asked the older one, watching as the blonde kept looking at the cigarettes that were beginning to be consumed.

"I like to see them disappear" she said out of the blue. "It's like us, when we die" she turned to Jennie who was still frowning. "We disappear"

"Wow, that's very...deep" she said with some discomfort, it's been a long time since they had a conversation that will lasted more than five minutes. Rosé continued to look at the cigarettes while Jennie analyzed her as much as she could, she hadn't been this close to the youngest in years so she notice Rosé's changes even more closely, her behavior, her personality, everything about her had changed. Her features were much more formed and firm, yet she had a sad and cold frown.

"I miss you" Rosé said after a few minutes of uncomfortable silence, Jennie looked at her with her eyes open.

 

"Please say something" thought Rosé anxiously. Jennie swallowed hard before looking at the river again.

 

"I miss you too" she replied, causing countless emotions to explode inside the blonde. But that also made her angry.

"Then why didn't you look for me?" she ask hurt.

"Seriously?" asked Jennie incredulously, Rosé remained silent. "You walked away from me"

"But you didn't do anything about it" Rosé lamented, Jennie let out a moan in frustration.

"I tried to help you as much as I could, but you just walked away and I wasn't going to force you" said the older one raising her voice. Rosé felt cornered, it was all true, but how could Jennie not think of her? Nobody does it anyway and hates feeling like that, useless. She breathed a sigh out crying of the blue, Jennie relaxed her face as she see her cried. "It's okay, don't cry..." she said, taking the child's face in her hands.

"I want to be your friend again" she said between sobs, Jennie gave her a slight smile and pounced on the gir, hugging her.

-

 

A month had passed since Jennie and Rosé resumed their friendship, at first the older one was overwhelmed with Rosé's many mood swings but she has gotten used to it,  she takes it as her new personality, obviously she was not going to be the same as three years ago and she still had a lot to learn about the girl.

Jennie thought that a good way to start over was to go to school together so that morning she prepared as she does every day. She told Irene not to go for her because the last time she had to take Rosé with her and the hateful looks she gave Irene created a very tense atmosphere. 
She left her house to cross to Rosé's, once there she rang the bell and was received by Mrs. Park who seemed not to have slept for about five days.

"Jennie?" the woman asked in amazement, "What a surprise to see you here," she said with a sigh, Jennie gave her a slight smile, she had been looking for Rosé for the last four days and hadn't seen her.

"I'm ready" announced Rosé appearing behind her mother. The woman entered the house again closing the door.

Along the way Jennie tried to establish a lighter conversation with Rosé, the last few days they only talked about their new tastes in music, movies, series, among other things, but nothing about what each one was like these last years. However, the younger one didn't seem very comfortable with answering the questions so Jennie gave up and decided to change the subject.

"And how is your boyfriend?" Jennie ask, Rosé wrinkles her face.

"I don't know what you're talking about, I don't have any boyfriend" she replied.

"What about the guy with the cool car?"

"He's not my boyfriend... he's just a friend."

"Oh..."

"What about you and Irene?" asked the younger one with intrigue, Jennie frowned and laughed.

"We are not girlfriends, we are something strange, you know" she said laughing and winking. But in Rosé that didn't cause even the slightest bit of laughter.