O N E

Come back to me (Chaennie)

Jennie looked at Rosé through the window of her house with the intention of going to see her, talk to her, something, but her shyness prevented her from doing so. Rosé's father just died after a tough battle with a damn disease. Jennie had never seen her best friend so sad, she felt stupid for not daring to do anything. She had been watching her for hours, but she was nervous to talk to her best friend and felt that she wasn't comforting her as she should be in these cases. A few hours ago Jennie along with her mother and Jisoo, her older sister, went to give their condolences to the family, however Rosé was not there. 

"Are you going to stare at it all day?" Jisoo asked from the couch. Jennie let out a sigh without ceasing to see her through the window, Rosé was sitting on her impromptu car tire swing tied to a tree, swaying loosely as she looked at a piece of paper.


"What can you say to someone in this situation?" she asked.

"You don't necessarily have to do something," Jisoo said, Jennie turned to look at her with a scowl, "A while ago, when you left the funeral with Mom, I stayed there a while longer talking to Mrs. Park and then Rosé showed up. The first thing she did was ask me about you," the brunette turned to the window, "I don't think you need to do or say anything to accompany her, just go and stop standing here like an idiot.

Jennie understood her sister's point, but still thought she would ruin everything, as if that were possible. She always makes Rosé feel better, she makes her laugh, she's with her all the time, but now it's different, it's something much more delicate. The minutes passed and she still didn't dare leave her house, cross the street and give her best friend a hug. She began to curse herself over and over again for being so shy when she felt her cell phone vibrating in her pocket, quickly taking it out seeing a message from Rosé.

>Rosé: Jen, are you home? :(
>Jennie: Yes, why?
>Rose: Could you come to mine? I need you so much right now.
>Jennie: Sure, I'll be there in five
 

She put her cell phone away again, letting out a deep sigh, began to walk from side to side through the room, she was very nervous, she didn't want to make her uncomfortable with some out-of-place comment. But why would she be nervous after all? It's just Rosie, her Rosie, her best friend since they were eight years old.
Her cell phone vibrated again.


>Rosé: you coming?
>Jennie: I'm coming


Her nerves increased and she walked around the room again under the attentive gaze of Jisoo, who saw her with a scowl.

"What happened to you?" asked the older one, Jennie stopped and looked at her.


"Rosie wants me to go see her" she said biting her nails, Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.


"So go, what are you waiting for?" she said, waving her way out. Jennie nodded foolishly, walked to the door and stopped to get a coat and put it on before leaving.

The sky was a mixture of gray and navy blue due to the approaching night, it was quite cold, it was as if the weather knew it was not a good day. Rosé was still on the swing wearing only a light yellow dress that looked quite cold with her eyes lost and fixed on the ground. The older one crossed the street quickly looking both ways, walked to Rosé and once there knelt in front of the swing to see her best friend's face.

"I'm here" she said with a slight smile, Rosé raised her head a little to look at her, tears were so abundant on her face that they seemed to be stuck to her. Jennie put a hand on Rosé's knee as a sign of support.


Rosé has always been a happy girl, she is always the one who makes Jennie laugh and feel better. But now the roles are reversed and the older one has never considered herself a good person in comforting others, on the contrary, she always ends ruining it more.

The youngest started crying again, Jennie wasn't sure what to do so she took her hand and started caressing it lightly. Rosé pounced on the older one in desperation and broke, causing her to fall to her knees on the grass of her front yard as well. The older her head and made her more attached to it. 
Rosé's relationship with her father was like any daughter would want to have, they were very close, almost complicit. But a few months ago, Mr. Park was diagnosed with leukemia. From that moment on, Rosie's cheerfulness faded away, Jennie tried to cheer her up and succeeded sometimes, but the younger one always had a sad side that began to grow as time went by.

A few minutes later, Rosé calmed down and moved away from the older, wiping away her tears. She took the piece of paper she had been looking at all this time, it was a picture of her father.

"They said he had little time left." She spoke for the first time, "I didn't think it was so short."


Jennie wasn't sure how to respond to that, she just kept a lock of the blonde's hair behind her ear.


"Rosie..." raised her voice, the older one. "You know I'm terrible at this, right?" Rosé laughed slightly and nodded.


"Of course I know," she said, resting her head on the brunette shoulder. "Can I stay at your house tonight? I don't want to be here."


"Of course you can, If you want to watch a Disney movie marathon while we eat, I can make French fries," she said proudly, literally the only thing she could cook.
Rosé burst out laughing, becoming more attached to her best friend's body.


"You always make me feel good, even if you say you don't know how."