Four

Conundrum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are we not gonna address the issue here?" 

We were currently in the kitchen having breakfast when I decided to open the topic that's been affecting our group. However, she remained unresponsive when I asked her this.

I groaned. Jennie Kim is stubborn as hell when she wants to be and she decided that this will be one of those moments.

"Jennie?"

"Hmm? What issue?" I saw her eyeing the piece of bread on my plate. A small smile appeared on my lips. She's not acting stubborn. She's distracted. By a bread.

Seeing her almost salivating, I put the bread on a small dish before placing it infront of her.

"Eat." She was trying so hard to keep herself from smiling but her gummy smile showed itself to me. This is the first time she smiled at me like that for the past three weeks of being civil towards each other. A bread was all it took for that adorable smile. I should've known.

Her lips tugged at the corners when she bit into the bread.

She released a small squeal of delight then her cheeks became fuller when she was chewing. She looked like a kid who ate bread for the first time.

She swallowed first before speaking. "Gods. That's so good. What were you saying again? Issue?"

I put on a placid front and played with my food for the added nonchalance effect. "Oh you know, like you liking Jisoo?"

She was about to have another bite when she suddenly stopped midway.  She hit my arm and made the "shh" sign. "Keep quiet, will you!"

I giggled but remained silent, nonetheless.

She sighed then moved her chair and leaned little bit closer to me. I can smell her perfume and minty breath. I suddenly feel nauseous. I distanced myself from her. Just a little for her not to notice but she did. 

She gave me a weird look before sighing. I shrugged.

"Ah. Yes. That issue."

No one spoke for a while after that. I was waiting for her to explain but she didn't. She was looking at the bread she ate a while ago with such distate as if she didn't squeal like a kid when she bit into it.

"You're hurting."

"What?"

"Seeing them together," I pointed at the two sitting on the couch giggling about something they saw on their social media accounts. They've been like that for the last couple of weeks since Jennie decided to ignore Jisoo.

The latter clung to us like how Jennie clung onto her. She might not have noticed but everytime we're together, Jennie's eyes would always linger a second or two on whatever they're doing before sighing and walking away.

"And seeing her with us and not you, hurts you, right?"

She glanced at where they were, seeing them still giggling like idiots. She momentarily closed her eyes after she averted her gaze then looked at me, her eyes pleading, "Can we not talk about this?"

I took a bite of my apple then shrugged my shoulders. "Then when will we?"

"I don't know."

"When will you fix this, Jennie?"

Her demeanor changed. Her body turned rigid on the seat. "What's there to fix? Me?"

"What? Where's this conversation hea-"

She sat up straight then looked at me in the eyes with such anger and another emotion I'm puzzled to see. In there, I saw pain.

"Should I fix myself because I'm like this? Because you think it's wrong that I like a fellow member and it's a girl?"

Appalled with her questions, I asked her glaring, "You think I'm judging you?"

"Well, aren't you?"

I scoffed at what she said.

How dare she. 

I saw how her face fell when she realized what she said. She looked down, then played with her fingers. 

When she looked up, I smiled bitterly at her. I can feel my tears pooling on the corner of my eyes.

Don't cry, Lisa. Don't. Please. Don't make a fool out of yourself now. 

"Do you know what, Jennie? Everytime we're talking, you always make me feel like . First, you think I couldn't be trusted with your secret and now this? Do I look like some homophobic to you?"

I want to slap her and scream at her for thinking of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter