Seventeen

Conundrum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her eyes widened at what I said and she... suddenly slapped me.

Ouch?

She rolled her eyes at me and gagged, then raised her pointer finger and pointed it at my face, "First of all, yuck."

Then she raised middle finger with her pointer one, "Second of all, gross."

"Third of all, no offense but no thanks."

She looked too serious that I suddenly realized how awkward it was for me to speak that and I totally lost it. I fell forward, laugh escaping my mouth as I looked at her. "Holy hell, I'm sorry! I didn't mean that!"

I said wheezing while wiping all my tears away. After overcoming the shock of my question, she laughed as well seeing my state. We're a mess right now, I tell you. We're both hunched over clutching our stomach from the stupidity of it all.

"Oh my God, I want to kick you off your own bed when you said that, gladly I just slapped you."

"Yeah, thanks." I hope she felt the overflowing sarcasm dripping on that, but I guess she didn't. She's a dum dum too, you know.

She rubbed my cheeks and laughed, seeing it red and her hand almost marked my cheeks. "I slapped you real bad, didn't I?"

I nodded but grinned anyway, "I needed that, Chaeng. The literal slap of reality. Thank you, Chipmunk."

She shook her head, "I swear to God, Lisa, if you say that to me again, I will kick you out of this dorm and skin Leo alive."

My oldest cat probably sensed the threat of her words that he hissed at her and dashed somewhere safe. We look at where he's now hidden himself and chuckled.

We didn't speak for a while but the silence sorrounding us was comfortable. However, thinking back to what we're doing, a sad smile suddenly appeared on my face.

"What's the matter, Lisa? Still thinking why it can't just be me?"

I blushed from her teasing and grabbed a pillow to smack it at her. Sadly she dodged it swiftly while grinning at me. "What is it, Lisa?"

I averted my gaze at her then dropped it on my phone. "I can't do this, Chaeyoung."

"Do what?"

"Use Niki as a diversion for my feelings. Yes, I do like her but as a fan and not romantically."

She chuckled, "Lisa, listen to me, okay?"

I nodded then she proceeded, "Niki, whatever she's doing, it's her decision. We were supposed to just use her a front, a harmless lie to cover up the truth but this is destiny's working.

"She may be just befriending you or what but up until we don't know the reason behind her actions are, we will stick with whatever this is."

I sighed once again, "But Chaeng, what if she knew?"

"How could she, though? Will you tell her?"

She used her hand as an imaginary phone and held it close to her ear. "'Hello, Niki. I'm using you to cover up my feelings for Jennie. I hope you don't mind. Xoxo.'?"

"You are such a dork but no."

"Think about it, Lisa. This could work for you. If you don't want to make her as your distraction then just make her as your friend. Replace Jennie or put her as the second best 'friend' in your heart..." she suddenly mumbled something under her breath that my eyebrow perked up.

"What?"

"I said, I should be your bestest friend but you never treated me as such." Her words brought familiarity to me that my chest suddenly ached from the memory. I brushed it off and gave her a smile.

"You're not my bestfriend, Chae. You're my soulmate. Soulfriend or whatever." I winked at her three times in which she laughed at.

"Oh my God. It looked like you were convulsing."

I pouted while softly hitting her arm. "Shut up! I was trying to be cute."

"Don't. Please. And are we clear here?"

"Yes. Thank you, Chae."

She hopped off the bed and tugged me to my dresser. "Now, change and you'll treat me to eat Pho."

Once I was dressed up and ready to head outside, Chaeng grabbed my arm and dragged me outside. Apparently, manager-unnie and manager-oppa will accompany us today since it's still kind of crowded outside at this hour.

I glanced at manager-unnie and she smiled at me. I gulped before smiling back. She knows. She knows and I need to be careful. I reminded myself over and over again.

I tugged Rosie's arm before entering the van. I widened my eyes and I guess she understood that I was trying to say something. She nodded while doing the 'shh' motion.

We decided to just use Jennie's seat and Jisoo's since they're not here. Again, the needles prickled my heart with that thought but also made me realize that I need to text Chaeyoung about something.

I plugged my earphones and pretended to listen to music while texting Chaeyoung.

LISARosie, put your phone on silentI'm going to tell you something. Pretend that I'm not the one you're texting ChaeyoungUghwhy text?We could just raise the partitionIt'll save us time and effort LisaNo. They'll notice that we're talking about themStop being lazy just for once ChaeyoungAM not lazy. This is just a waste of time LISAokay. Nevermind ChaeyoungU mad? :{ LISANo. Shut up CHAEYOUNGWhy can't we just raise the partition? LISABec Jennie and I did that beforeand it didn't quite workstop. Don't text anymoreThey're glancing at usI'll tell you later CHAEYOUNGOkay :<Sorry :{You'll still treat me Pho, right?:( :( :( :(you're not replyingLisaaaaaaaaaaa:( :( :( :( LISA!!!!!! STOP IT !!!!!! CHAEYOUNGOkay... Bye :(

I groaned. Rosie and text messages just don't work together that well. She was still pouting while eyeing her phone. When she glanced at me, her eyes were a little teary and her expression was so sad.

Lisa:Stop pouting Chipmunk:But you're mad. Lisa:I'll still treat you.Stop pouting.wipe those tears away. Chipmunk: Done :3 Lisa:you are such a baby. 

She smiled upon reading my text message and I can see it that she's trying so hard not to turn to me and make faces.

I felt that someone was watching me so I glanced at manager-unnie who was eyeing me with such curiousity.

"Everything all right?" She asked.

Chaeng nodded. I still pretended to be listening to music so I didn't move an inch. Even doing a little bops and nods just to make it more believable.

"Everything seems so quiet, doesn't it? A rare happening knowing Lisa's with us." Oppa said while glancing at us using the car mirror. 

"Is she okay?" Unnie asked again. I tried so hard not to gulp and look at her and thankfully I succeeded in keeping my straight face on.

Chaeyoung shook her head with a solemn expression on her face.

What. Are. You. Doing. Chaeng?

"Why? What happened?"

She sighed while eyeing me worriedly. I almost, almost widened my eyes at her but I refrained myself. Oh gods, I'm sweating. Chaeyoung, what in the world are you gonna tell them?

I gulped numerous times before looking down on my phone.

"She's sad because she's treating me pho."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter