Twenty

Conundrum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I thought was the word HOT.

 

It's freaking too hot in here! Why does my body feel like it's burning? I checked my clothes and I was still on my hoodie from last night. I removed it slowly and the pain in my head increased.

 

After releasing myself from that hell of a shirt where it was already covered with sweat and it stank of alcohol, I sat up groggily and immediately regretted my decision of moving any part of my body. My head's pounding so bad and I scrunched up my nose when I sniffed my shirt. I freaking stink. I reeked of soju and beer.

 

What the happened yesterday?

 

I immediately covered my ears and glared at my phone which was ringing loudly.

 

Who the hell calls at this hour?!

 

"That's not gonna stop nor be answered by itself, you know."

 

I jumped from my bed then groaned when the pain in my head worsened. this hangover! Can someone just hang me?

 

"Clean yourself up, Lisa. We need to talk." Then she left as fast as she came.

 

I gulped, seeing her mad and serious means business. However, I sighed in relief when the ringing stopped and I saw that someone put two capsules of advil and a glass of water on my nightstand.

 

Maybe she's the one who put it there. I shrug off the thought, that's not important right now. I swallowed the pills and drank the whole glass of water which hydrated my parched lips and mouth.

 

I almost dropped the glass when my phone rang again. I'm going to freaking change that ringtone. I swear it wasn't this annoying when I chose that, now it's getting on my nerves.

 

I grabbed my phone and huffed, ready to shout at this idiot for calling me when I heard someone clear on the other line.

 

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthda-"

 

I checked who was calling me and it was Niki. I became puzzled as I remember her greeting me yesterday.

 

"Wait! Wait. Hold up. Why are you singing that again? Didn't you greet me already?"

 

She chuckled on the other line, "You were that wasted, huh?"

 

"What?"

 

I heard her snicker which made me more confused. Again, what the hell happened last night?

 

"You told me to sing you happy birthday everyday."

 

"I-I did?"

 

"Yes. And check your messages. I'll give you time to remember what happened last night. Ciao!"

 

She ended the call before I could say anything. I immediately checked my messages and I suddenly became light headed.

 

I almost puked but I held everything in. I don't want to clean anything right now. Just thinking about moving made me more dizzy.

 

My eyes darted once again on the messages I sent her.

 

I drunk texted Niki and I told her that I like Jennie!

 

You! Are! A! Stupid! Cow! Lisa!

 

I banged my head on the wall multiple times while thinking how stupid I could be when intoxicated.

 

"I guess, you already remembered half of it."

 

I looked at her then sighed. She looked like the devil incarnate right now especially with her glare and her red sweatshirt.

 

"There's more? I did more stupid things?"

 

She nodded, "Oh, you don't know how screwed you are. Let's go talk in the living room."

 

Oh no. Oh no. No. No...

 

I stood up but almost hurled from the sudden motion. I almost pleaded her to just talk here inside my room but her glare made me shut up.

 

Scary, scary!

 

Let's walk slowly, pleashue...

 

I mentally begged her while trying to puncture a hole on her back.

 

I guess she felt my gaze that she glanced at me again. I gave her a tight smile in which she returned with a sigh. Her footsteps became slower until she was only two steps ahead of me.

 

"Where are they?" I asked as I glance through the empty space.

 

"They went out." I shivere, feeling extremely cold after her short reply.

 

Her tone and demeanor gave it away.

 

I totally ed up...

 

I tried to remember what happened but it was blurry. Everything was blurry. I sighed after feeling the pounding in my head increase.

 

I guess no more thinking for today, Lisa-ya.

 

When we reached the couch, I slowly sat down then I put my head on my hands. I closed my eyes momentarily, still suffering from the hangover. It felt like someone was drilling holes in my head.

 

No. It feels like a whole construction crew was building a condo unit inside it.

 

"I guess, I screwed up real bad this time." I said, my voice muffled by my hands. I felt her glare but I still didn't look at her.

 

"You 'ed' up big time, Lisa. Massively."

 

This time, I looked at her and I saw her steely gaze on me. I gulped. "What did I do this time, Chaeng?"

 

"I will give you four hints."

 

She started counting off, she raised her pointer finger first, "One, Spin the bottle."

 

Then the second finger, "Jisoo."

 

Third . "Jennie."

 

Fourth "Lisa ing Manoban. The most stupid and idiotic person I've ever met."

 

I reitirated what she said. "One, spin the bottle... Jisoo... Jennie... Lisa...."

 

I clutched my head. Memories were zipping past through me that I needed to slow down or else my brain would explode.

 

Jisoo... Jennie... Lisa...

 

What happ--

 

My eyes widened when the whole scene replayed like a movie inside my head.

 

My breathing hitched. I tried to swallow the lump in my throat but it was impossible so my respiratory system and my brain just stopped functioning altogether.

 

Oh my gods. I remember it now.

 

. ! !

 

"Chaeng, slap me, pleas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter