Seven

Conundrum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ahh! I'm so hungry. Help me, juseyo. " I whined to Jisoo, who rolled her eyes in response.

"Make something to eat, then."

I clicked my tongue at her, "I'm not a plant, unnie. I can't make my own food. Photosynthesis is not my thing."

I heard someone saying "Owooo."

I turned to look at Jennie who's clapping slowly and at Chaeng who was looking at me weirdly. Jisoo gasped.

"What?" I asked to no one in particular.

Jisoo wiped a nonexistent tear on her eye then hugged me. "I'm so proud of you, Lisa! From not knowing if a person has two lungs, you now know about photosynthesis."

"Talk about the glow up!" Chaeng congratulated me in which I rolled my eyes in return.

"Damn! I raised this baby right! You're growing up too fast, Lisa-yah." Jennie cupped my face and pinched both of my cheeks. I blushed at the contact, her warm hands also warmed me up inside.

I averted my eyes at her, faked a scowl then crossed my arms on my chest.

"I am not that stupid! Y'all are just too smart."

"There's this thing called reading, Lisa. You should try it sometimes."

I shook my head, "Nope. I'd rather watch movies than to read. It's too boring."

Jisoo scoffed, "You better get your face out of my sight or I'll throw this book at you. How dare you insult reading!"

I made silly faces at her which irritated her more. She was about to throw the book she was holding when Jennie blocked me from Jisoo's sight.

"Hey! Hey. Stop. Don't hurt her. She might not remember what photosynthesis is."

They all laughed as I sulked on the couch. Jennie faced me and her eyebrows shot up when she saw my expression, "Let's eat outside, Lisa. My treat."

I rolled my eyes at her then reached for my phone to scroll through my social media account. "I'm not hungry anymore."

"Aigoo, the baby is having her tantrums."

I shook my head again, "No. Seriously. I don't want to eat anymore. Go."

The truth is, I am dying to eat but I won't be able to concentrate if she's with me. It'll be the death of me if it's only the two of us.

"That's too bad. Jisoo, do you want to go instead? I heard there's a new thai restaurant four blocks away from here."

My stomach growled at the mention of the new restaurant. I've been wanting visit the place but I didn't want to go there alone. I blushed when I heard Jennie's giggle. She probably heard my stomach's protest.

"Stop pretending and sulking, Lisa. Let's go to that thai restaurant you've been eyeing eversince it opened."

I gasped, shocked to know that she knows about that. "How did you know?"

"It's because you've been talking about it nonstop, so please stop whining and let's eat. I'm famished."

"Go, Lisa so you could stop bothering me." Jisoo was practically shooing me out. I looked at Chaeng, silently communicating with her. She stopped for a moment, probably thinking but shook her head a moment after.

Jennie noticed that I was looking at Chaeng so she asked, "Do you wanna go with us, hubby?"

"No, wifey. I'm too lazy to go out. Please, have fun."

Jennie was about to hold my arm when I stopped her. "Wait. I... Uh- I need to talk to Chae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter