Fifteen

Conundrum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After being discharged from the hospital, and being lowkey about it to avoid further issues from the press and media, my parents visited me in our dorm.

They spent their time cooking for us four, watching me and supervising me like a child when using sharp objects and visiting places they've never been to especially the thai restaurants that newly opened around our area, requested by my dad.

My mom noticed that something was amiss, but I shrugged her thoughts away by returning to my old bubbly self. When they returned to Thailand, that's when the hate news came at me. Again. Thank gods they weren't here to witness the disaster unfold or else my mom would riot.

I got used to the xenophobic comments thrown at me before and now that I am nearly the most followed kpop idol on instagram and I'm not even korean.

I closed my eyes and my forehead creased immediately. Why do they always make a big deal out of everything? Can't we idols just breathe and live in peace? There's already a lot on my plate already and I can't add more to it right now. 

Being a SEA woman in an industry like this is hard. I get paid six times less which I don't really care about, the backlash and hate I receive are my breakfast and dinner. People making rumors about me and saying I had plastic surgery are almost too common that I shrug it off, too. Our fans- the blinks make it more bearable for me, my members and us a group everytime we receive hate and backlash which I'm very thankful for.

They support us in ways we don't expect and remains by our side despite our long hiatus and delayed comebacks. They even push YG to stop with the mistreatment and ask for more comebacks a year which we really really appreciate from them. Thinking about them and what they do for us always makes me happy and giddy.

"Good morning!" I said as I sat on my seat beside Chaeyoung.

"Good morning. You seem energetic. What happened?"

"Hm? I just love seating next to a pretty woman." I winked playfully at her which made her blush. I chuckled at the sight. "Oh! Kimchi fried rice!"

Their eyebrows twitched upon hearing what I said but I didn't mind them. My mouth was salivating from the food infront of me.

"We always have that for breakfast but you seem too excited for that today."

"I'm just being thankful for the blessing. Itadakimasu!" I scooped a handful of the rice and put them on my plate.

I was about to take my first bite when Jisoo kicked my shin and gave me a goofy smile. "Jennie cooked that. Say thanks to Jennie." 

I nodded at her and acted cute to the lady infront of me, "Thank you, Jennie eonnie! You the best!" I pounded my chest twice with my fist and sent her a flying kiss.

She chuckled while Chaeng and Jisoo covered the food, "Really? Right infront of my salad?"

I poked Chaeyoung's cheek, and smiled like an idiot, "Ohoo. You're getting your lessons about memes, eh? Talk about being a to--"

"Ugh."

She elbowed my stomach, causing me to cough and almost sputter the food inside my mouth.

Jennie immediately handed me a glass of water and Jisoo was just laughing at the scene. She wasn't even minding that there were some food flying from . Gross.

Chaeyoung glared at me, "Yah, Lisa! Shut up."

Jennie eyed us curiously, "What's with this top thing? I keep hearing it from you two."

I slightly sputtered the water I was drinking when Jennie asked this. Our eyes all widened. Jisoo and I laughed. Chaeyoung was getting more embarrassed by the second while trying to keep us quiet.

"Wait... That was freaking-- epic!" Jisoo said between breaths. 

I was still laughing, the joke never seemed to stop entertaining me.

"What? What's so funny?"

Chaeng groaned and face palmed, "Don't ask, unnie. You'll hit these two if you know."

"What? Tell me or I'll hit the three of you!" The tiny kitten shrieked. 

"I-- Jennie, you're lurking in twitter, right?" Jisoo asked between breaths. Her face was red from too much laughing and I can imagine myself being the same.

"Yeah. So?"

Jisoo was able to control her laughter for now, so she spoke. "If that's the case then have you not read any story about you and your ships? Or any story for that matter? Or any tweets that contain the word "Top" in them?"

Her cheeks turned slightly pink, then she averted her gaze at us. "I have?"

The eldest smir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter