Sixteen

Conundrum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, Lisa!"

I dodged the incoming pillow heading my way, thrown by none other than our fake maknae. I rolled my eyes at her and she chuckled at her failed attempt of injuring me.

She settled herself next to me on my bed, wait, no. Not settled, no. She pushed me aside so she could lie down next to me. She also tried to snatch my blanket while peering on my phone, not even ashamed of the fact that she's already invading my personal space and life.

"What you doin'?" Her voice became squeaky and overly so, imitating the voice of Isabela from Phineas and Ferb.

I shoved her aside to give myself some space too and rolled my eyes at her. She only gave me a cheeky grin and her eyes turned crescents at the gesture.

I quickly locked my phone for she's still peeping and reading whatever was on it.

I sighed while looking at her, "To what do I owe the pleasure of you visiting my humble abode?"

She chuckled while fixing her position. She's now staring straight at the ceiling, tracing every nonexistent line on it.

"You're hanging out too much with Chae, Lisa. But you kind of got the accent wrong. Just a tid bit." she said while her pointer finger and thumb were close enough that no air could pass through. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Seriously, Chu. Why are you here?"

She didn't speak nor looked at me. Her arms were raised as she tried to catch whatever she's seeing that I don't slash can't see. I shuddered.

Jisoo really scare me sometimes.

I was about to unlock my phone again when she spoke. "Lisa, do you believe in fate?"

I checked the clock and it was only 6 in the evening. I raised my brow, feeling confused. "It's too early to be sentimental, Chu."

"Okay, then. I'll disturb you later when it's 2 A.M to have this conversation again." She was about to get up when I held her arm and tugged her back into the bed. She chuckled.

I groaned knowing how true she is to her words and the inconvenience it would bring me, I will just entertain her. For now. "I was just joking, unnie. But fate? Like destiny?"

She nodded, still tracing the cracks on the ceiling. I have never asked myself this question before so I shrugged, "No, I guess. Why?"

She glanced at me before raising her other arm. "Do you believe that our fates, the four of us were already... weaved," her hands  slowly interlocking, then she continued, "from the start? How our lives were already interconnected with each other?"

"It wasn't fate that brought us together, it was our choices and our dreams, Chu."

She smiled at me, her eyes solemn. "Maybe. Now, Lisa. Do you think that maybe we're meant to be friends? How our lives or the presence of one another could change a certain person in a lot of ways? Or how our own lives are affected by their mere presence or touch or thoughts?"

I studied her while she was talking. What has gotten in to her?

"Have you been eating chicken again? I told you to limit your consumption. They are already GMO's, unnie! The medicines are now going through your brain. It's making you cuckoo!"

Instead of hitting me or the things that the normal Jisoo would do who would tease me for knowing what GMO is, she just gave me a smile. "No, seriously Lisa. Have you ever thought about it?"

I shook my head again. "No..."

"You might think it's silly, but I do believe in them, Lisa."

"Why?"

She shrugged "I believe that we're meant to meet people who could change our lives for the better or for the worse. That maybe things are happening now because it's meant to happen. It's already written in the stars, how our fates are already tangled with each other."

"Where are you going with this, unnie?"

The soft expression on her face suddenly vanished. The goofy grin of  Jisoo now back, "I don't know."

She propped herself up and stood up.

"No, seriously, unnie. You have a reason to be here and speak those. What is it?"

She was already walking towards the door when she chuckled, "I don't know, Lisa. Maybe fate brought me here."

I groaned. When will I ever understand what's going on in Jisoo's head?

"And oh, Lisa."

I raised my brow to acknowledge her. "I need you to remember something."

"What?"

"Things may seem messy and the threads might seem tangled up, but remember that things happen for a reason."

"Okay?"

She smiled once again, "Just put your trust in fate." She left with a wink and I stare puzzled at her disappearing figure. When did Jisoo become philosophical?

I snapped out from my thoughts when my phone rang. I checked who was calling but the number was unregistered.

One thing I learned about being an idol was to never answer an unregistered phone number. They could be the stalker type of fan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter