Five

Conundrum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I heard Jennie call me after I went out of my room again but I ignored her. I went to knock on Chipmunk's door but before my hand could even touch the wood, it opened, revealing a smirking Chipmunk behind.

"Well, that took you long enough." She opened the door wider, allowing me to enter. I plopped down on her bed, my head resting on my palms while my eyes are trained on her.

She settled beside me, grabbed a stuffed toy and hugged it.

"Have you figured it out, Lisa?"

"What do you mean about it, Chaeng? I don't get it, honestly."

She let out a breath of frustration then leaned on the wall behind her. She forced me to face her and when I saw her expression, I got more confused than ever. She seemed mad. And Chaeng rarely gets mad.

"I want to slap you so hard right now, Lisa. How dense are you?"

"I am not dense!"

Her eyebrows shot up, not totally convinced with what I said. With her mocking tone, she asked, "Oh, yeah? Prove it."

I smirked at her, I know something you don't, Chipmunk. 

I took a deep breath, my chest puffed proudly. I boasted, "Yeah! I saw right through Jennie and-"

She rolled her eye at me, "Jennie liking Jisoo unnie? Oh, please. That is so old news." She accentuated the word "so" to put more emphasis.

I stare at her, bewildered. My mouth hanging agape in which she closed after mumbling "I'm awesome like that."

"What did you say?" I asked, still in shock.

"Jennie likes Jisoo. Jisoo doesn't. Or I don't know. That's the part I haven't figured out yet." She said while picking on her nails. The indifference on her voice was astounding.

I stood up, walked back and forth on her room, her eyes following me. "Since when did you know?"

Her nose scrunched up in concentration then her face lit up, her pointer finger raised. I saw an imaginary light bulb switching on above her head.

I stopped pacing just to face her, eager to hear more details about this. I'll probably have an information overload after this conversation. 

"Do you remember the time when we were shooting the Ddu-Du-Ddu?" twitched a little upon saying our song name.

"God, saying that still sounds weird without the music. Anyway, it was at that time I figured it out."

I started pacing again. When? Why did I not notice it? How? Where was I?

I was in her arms reach when she pulled me down."Jesus, Lisa! Sit down, will you?"

I exhaled loudly when my landed on the frame of the bed. I heard her stifle a laugh while I was rubbing my cheek. This would totally hurt tomorrow. And bruise, too.

I glared at her when she raised her arms in defense. I was still wincing when I moved to sit on the matress. "Sorry. You were starting to  give me a headache. Does it hurt that bad? Do you want me to give you an ice pack?"

I shook my head, signaling for her to continue. "Just give me the details. Please."

She adjusted her position before closing her eyes, probably reminiscing the scene on her head. "I don't know the exact moment, really but I had this feeling that something was going on with Jennie."

I was still rubbing my cheeks when she opened her right eye and took a peek at me, I gestured for her to continue. Damn, it still hurts.

"We were already on the set, and I believe you were filming your part so you weren't there to notice th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter