2nd

Let's Get Lost in Bangkok

Ara immediately looked for someone from airport security. The security guards told her where to go with her bag exchange items and they guided her to a place there. Ara and Disya waited for the officer to process the luggage exchange for a long time. They said the person who had the suitcase couldn't be reached and kept getting rejected but they kept trying to contact the owner. Until Kia arrived, there was no clarity about the whereabouts of Ara's suitcase. Until finally, Ara decided to ask for the owner's number and would try to contact the owner by herself.

"! What's wrong with this guy? My call is not answered.", Ara started to lose her temper.

"Well, if you can't contact the owner, you can buy new clothes here. I heard clothes are very cheap here.", Kia suggested.

"Kia is right. I can take you shopping before we leave for Chiang Mai tomorrow.", Disya tried to calm Ara, "In the meantime you can borrow clothes from us."

"It doesn't matter about the clothes, but there are some important files I put in my suitcase last night. and I also forgot we are going to Chiang Mai tomorrow"

"How stupid you are!", Kia whispered as Ara heard it.

"Thanks, Ki!", Ara replied sarcastically, "Who knew it would be like this? I don't want my file to be shabby so I put it in the suitcase."

"Try to check if he is in LINE contacts, if so, send him a message", Disya suggested, "Maybe he really can't pick up the phone."

The three of them reached the hotel almost midnight. Because they took care of Ara's suitcase for a long time, they didn't remember to eat dinner in the end. And they were getting hungry when they got to the hotel. They stayed at the Disya hotel room because they were leaving for Chiang Mai tomorrow so they didn't have to waste money staying at the hotel for a few hours. Fortunately, in the hotel lobby there is a Seven-Eleven which is open 24 hours so they can get dinner.

 

In the morning ...

"Still no news?", Kia asked.

"No", Ara put her cellphone on the table a little hard, "Has this guy not opened his suitcase all night? I can't believe this."

"So? What's your plan?", Disya said, "You know I can't cancel to Chiang Mai because I've agreed to this job."

A week ago, Disya informed Ara and Kia that Disya had a collaborative project with a travel agency in Chiang Mai. She was asked to take pictures for their agency ad. And the pay was quite good, so she took the job. Not only that, but she heard Chiang Mai is also a place worth visiting. After looking for information, Ara and Kia were also interested in going there. They had already booked train tickets there for the afternoon so they arrived at night.

"Dunno", Ara pulled her hair, "Worst of all, if he can't be reached until before we leave, I'll go back to the airport to ask for the address of the owner of this suitcase if I can.You go to Chiang Mai first then I will follow you guys."

"Is that all right?", Kia asked, "I can accompany you if you want."

"No no .. it's okay. You just go with Disya first, I know you haven't been on vacation for a long time since opening your business.", Ara assured Kia.

Riiingggggg ...

"Hello? I am Tawan, the owner of the suitcase you brought. Sorry I just opened your message"

"Sorry, can you speak English? I don't speak Thai"

"Oh .. I'm sorry, I am Tawan, the owner of the suitcase you brought."

"Finally you you read my message."

"Sorry I'm used to getting lots of spam calls and messages. And I just realized that our suitcases were switched."

"So can I get my suitcase now?"

"I have work today, how about we meet at my workplace?"

"Yes, it's okay, can you send me your address? I will go there after this."

"Okay, once again I'm really sorry."

I hung up the phone, "Finally!!!", Ara can smile now.

Ding

They checked the address given by the owner of the suitcase, "It's not too far from here, about 15 minutes by train", Disya said.

"Okay, please write down the route. I will go there now and you guys rest first while waiting for me. Then we meet at the station to go Chiang Mai.", Ara immediately ran to the room to pick up the suitcase and left.

Ara went to the station and immediately create a transportation card. She relies on google maps to get to the destination. It turned out that from the station to the workplace it was quite far and the suitcase was quite heavy too. While she was wearing heels, luckily Kia lent her shorts even though they were too short for Ara because Ara was quite tall among her friends. Ara wasn't very comfortable in this outfit, but she had to endure it.

Arriving at their destination, Ara saw a skyscraper in front of her. Ara tries to send a message to Tawan that I have arrived at the lobby but no answer. 

Finally, Ara decided to go to the receptionist, "Sorry, I'm looking for Tawan. Can you reach him for me?"

"Tawan? If I may know, who are you?"

"Ummmhh ... ", Ara was confused about what to answer because she was not his friend and she forgot to tell her name when he was called earlier.

"Sorry I know you are his fan but you cannot enter casually. Respect his privacy, you can see him while waiting outside."

"What? A fan? What are you talking about? I'm not his fan."  Ara answered in a high tone.

"I've seen a lot of fans like you. Please go away or I will call security to kick you out."

Ara was speechless and left the lobby. Ara then tried to contact him but there was no answer. 

"!! I will kill that man when I meet him."