CHAPTER 2

2:56 AM

As soon Sojung’s feet stepped into the apartment, she slammed her tired body on the couch in the living room. She let out a relief sigh. “Bad day?” A soft voice greeted the girl. “Nah, nope. I guess today wasn’t that bad. How about you?” Sojung scooted over to make space for the guy to sit. “Same. Nothing interesting happened today.” Basically Sojung already changed her position to lay her head on the guy’s thigh. The comfortable silence settled between them. Sojung closed her eyes when a rough hand played with her hair. 

The guy placed a soft kiss on Sojung’s forehead when he heard the light snore coming from the girl. He carefully gets up and fixes Sojung’s position so she can sleep comfortably. If outsiders see their actions, they will totally label both of them as a couple but that’s not the case between them. Their relationship is complex to talk about. Jeonghan and Sojung aren't in that kind of relationship because tying a tie with someone isn’t really their strong forts and they hate commitment. They don’t know if the love they thought they felt is just a mere cowardice of losing each other or something more because over time you will realize that some people aren’t worth it anymore. 

Jeonghan quietly left the apartment to find some food for dinner before Sojung woke up from sleeping. Every step he takes brings him back to the first incident which brought him and Sojung together. 

2 years ago//

 

 

Out of sudden, something  sturdy knocks Jeonghan who is basically running from the dorm to the university. “” A voice mumbled the curse word quietly. Jeonghan is really close to scolding the other person but as soon as he looks up from where he fell on his , no words came out. He even thought he was already dead because a person who looks as beautiful as an angel was busy picking up the things dropped from her hands. 

“I’m so sorry. Are you okay?” The girl asked with confusion written on her face, maybe feeling confused why Jeonghan isn’t trying to stand up. 

“Y-yes, I’m okay.”

“Then .. do you just want to stay on the floor ?”

 

“Ye-yeah right” Jeonghan quickly got up to avoid any more embarrassment. The girl just silently looked Jeonghan up and down. The poker face on the girl kinda makes the guy uncomfortable. He feels like there is a lot going on in the girl’s mind but he can’t really figure what it was. The shrill ring coming from his phone broke the silent. A realisation that he will be late for morning class hit him. “I need to get going now and I’m sorry too for bumping into you” Jeonghan already walked away when he heard the girl said thanks loud enough for him to hear. 

Since the incident, he found out that the girl named Sojung is a new student who transferred from a university in New York. Jeonghan didn’t know if fate was playing with him when he found Sojung was in the same class with him one morning. Mingyu is the one who decided to approach the girl first and after that Jeonghan got introduced to her through the tall guy. There is something inscrutable about Sojung which drawn Jeonghan more to her. He feels like Sojung is scattered puzzle pieces that are taunting him to solve it. 

It is a challenge. Jeonghan likes challenges. 

After one year knowing each other, Jeonghan decided to move out from the university dorm to move in with Sojung who at the same time was searching for a new roommate. That’s why they stuck with each other till now. 

 

Present// 

“Look who is here,” Mingyu’s voice greeted Jeonghan as soon as the guy stepped into the 아주 Nice bar. A smile plastered on Jeonghan’s face when the tall guy engulfed Jeonghan in a hug. The gentle arms carefully wrapped the older in a warm swaddle of his chest and arms . The familiar warmth pulled Jeonghan away from keeping drowning into his thoughts. “I miss you, hyung.” Mingyu quietly whispered. I miss you too, the words stuck in Jeonghan’s throat. The guy just buried his face into the younger’s collarbone as a reply. They broke free from the hug when Seungcheol, the owner of the bar, cleared his throat. 

“Are you done with your shift ?”

“Yup, give me 5 minutes to change. Just sit wherever you want, Seungcheol hyung won’t mind.” Mingyu passed Jeonghan his chef apron before disappearing behind the staff changing room door. The guy sat at the booth in the corner of the bar far away from other customers. There are not many customers yet as it is still early for people to drink away their worries or get drunk. 

Seungcheol slipped into the booth while serving Jeonghan a cold mimosa. A small smile and quiet thanks murmured by Jeonghan. “So .. what’s up ?” Seungcheol starts the conversation to break the silence. “Not much. University’s life is so hectic lately and gotta say it’s kinda lonely since Mingyu quit university.” Jeonghan’s eyes are avoiding Seungcheol stare. Jeonghan silently wished Mingyu would come out from the changing room as soon as possible, he doesn’t have any energy to answer Seungcheol's interrogation about his private life. The guy can read Jeonghan no matter how much he masks his real expression. What do you expect ? They knew each other since they were in diapers. 

“How about Sojung and you?” Jeonghan let out a relief sigh when Mingyu stepped out from the changing room. He doesn’t really want to answer the question. Seungcheol finally gave up when he realised the guy was avoiding his eyes and Mingyu stepped closer to the booth. 

“See you later and Gyu, don’t come to work tomorrow. You already work overtime so many times this week so take a rest.”

 

“But …”

 

“No, but. Wonwoo will help me tomorrow. Don’t fret too much, kid”  Seungcheol gave a friendly pat at Mingyu’s back before bidding both of them goodbye. 

 

Mingyu quickly turned his attention to Jeonghan with a wide smile on his face. “What?” Jeonghan asked with curiosity. “Let's have a sleepover tonight.” Anticipation can be heard from Mingyu’s voice. It reminds Jeonghan of a big Golden Retriever. He can imagine a big gold color fluffy tail wagging behind Mingyu. “I’m not sure” Mingyu’s smile turned upside down. He tries to fix a small smile but Jeonghan can sense the taller is disappointed with the older answer.

 

 “Seems like I need to change my answer cause I can read the disappointment on your face, Gyu ahh”

 

“Yess !! This is why I love you the most, hyung !!” Mingyu pulled Jeonghan in a tight hug. Hearing the I love you from the latter makes Jeonghan's cheeks suddenly kiss pink like a spring rose, the blooming colour so cute against his pale skin. However, he can hear his heart shattered when the thought of being more than a friend with Mingyu seems impossible. His mind drifted to Sojung who probably was sleeping.  Guiltiness from leaving the girl alone and having this kind of thought toward his friend start trapping the older. He felt suffocated. The happiness disappeared in a matter of seconds. Tears start b in his eyes. 

His sight became blurry. “Hyung, hyung .. Are you okay ?” Mingyu’s distant voice pulled Jeonghan away from the darkness. “Ye-yes . Something got into my eyes” The younger gave him a skeptical look  but he just shrugged it off not wanting to stress the older more. “So .. Lets gooooooo” The cheerfulness makes Jeonghan smile. He can’t help but think that hurting is worth more than losing a friend.

TBC

Author's Note;

I am so sorry for updating a short chapter T^T I guess for this chapter I focus more on Jeonghan's side story because I afraid that you will have a hard time to understand the story if I mix all the characters story in one chapter because of my English and writing skill. So I decided that I will focus on one or two characters only in a chapter :) And for updating schedule, I will update the story every weekend so I will try my best to keep up with the schedule lol 

- THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT <3