CHAPTER 1

2:56 AM

SinB POV//

The alarm blaring sound wakes me up from the deep slumber. I heaved a sigh, another new day. I forced my body to get out from the comfortable blanket warmth and get ready. While brushing my teeth I looked out the window. It seems like people are already out minding their business for the day and I felt like it is going to be cold outside with how most people wear long sleeves and thick outerwears. 

After washing up, I wore a white turtleneck covered with a dark blue long coat and black skinny jeans plus my favourite black sneakers before I stepped out from the apartment. I checked the time on my phone screen and realised I still have 40 minutes before my morning class starts so I thought it isn’t wrong to grab some simple breakfast at the cafe near my university area. It just takes 10 minutes by foot from the apartment to the university. 

“Welcome to Euphoria”

The coffee scent hit me as soon as I walked into the cafe. “Morningggg, Eunbii. May I take your order?” A familiar barista greeted me with a smile when I approached the counter. It is a slow morning today, not many students are in the cafe which is why we have time to make small talk.  “Shut up, Binnie, your cheerfulness is draining my energy right now. And yeah I want Ice Americano without syrups.” The guy just chuckled in reply. I took a seat on the barstool near the coffee making area after paying just to watch a certain someone making my drink. It is almost therapeutic to watch someone move around busy with making coffee, hear the coffee machine working and engulf into the coffee scent. 

“Sojung noona, can you make this order ? Seokjin hyung, just text me to start making some bread because he will be late today.”  The older girl just nodded without saying anything. Kim Sojung. My university senior who I don’t really know well. I remembered how I thought she was a trainee or some sort of celebrity who was doing a variety show at the cafe when I first met her. However, Moonbin explained to me that she just volunteered herself to help the owner, Kim Seokjin, to fill up the lack of workforce and after a few weeks helping Seokjin decided to hire her as a part-time worker. It is understandable if someone's first impression toward the older is she looks like a celebrity as she is really pretty and her golden proportions can make everyone head over heels for her. She is also a woman with few words.

“SinB ?” 

I can hear an angelic voice calling me. Why is Sojung looking at me ? Is she waving her slender pretty hand in front of me ? 

“SinB ? Are you SinB ?”

Is that her voice ? I wondered how she would sound if she said my real name. I let out a loud ‘Ouch’ when a really cold thing touched my cheek. Moonbin cackled as I glared at him. “Not my fault. You’re the one who can’t stop daydreaming.” The guy said while holding his laugh when I threatened to hit him with my backpack. “I will get you back, Moon Bin. Just wait.” I hit his arm and stuck out my tongue toward him before running out of the cafe. 

Sojung can’t help but chuckle watching the scene unfold in front of her. MoonBin noticed the older girl's small smile which made a few ideas pop out in his mind. 

End of SinB POV//

 

The day went by so fast, SinB already finished her last class when her phone rang. A smile plastered on her face when she sees ‘babo yerinnie’ on the phone screen.

 

“Eunbi ahhh, where are youuu ?”

 

“I’m on my way to the practice room. Why?”

 

“Great !! Can you buy me Ice Toffee Nut Latte on the way here ? I think I can die of thirstiness right now”

 

SinB chuckled because of Yerin dramatic acts. “Don’t you need mineral water ?””

 

“I have enough of H2O !! I NEED SUGAR SINB AHH”

 

“Okay, okay. I will buy you a sugar cube instead. Bye Bye”

 

“B-but toott

SinB hung up the call before the older girl could continue being a drama queen. Making her way to Euphoria cafe while scrolling thoughtlessly through Instagram. Her finger stops scrolling when a picture of a familiar black hair girl is on the screen. Do Yerin unnie friends with Sojung sunbaenim ? SinB taps the picture to see the account handle of the person in the picture. 

 

@Onedayxne [Click] 

 

The account just has only 36 followers and it is also set as private. SinB isn’t sure whether to click the follow button or not because if the older doesn’t accept her request she will admit it will hurt her feelings a little bit but can’t blame Sojung as they are practically strangers to each other right now.  You never know if you don’t try. The girl closed her eyes while clicking the follow button and shut off her phone as soon she did that. 

 

The sound of the bell near the cafe door grabs Sojung's attention. A new customer just came in. She quickly gets up from the rest area approaching the customer. “Welcome to Euphoria. May I take your order ?” Honestly, Sojung isn’t too fond of the cashier position because she needs to interact more with hundreds of strangers in a span of one day but this time she realised maybe she doesn't really care about interacting if the customer is a certain someone who has bright red hair and a pretty smile. 

 

“Can I get one Iced Toffee Nut Latte and Iced Americano without syrups ?” SinB felt her face will become as red as her hair color if Sojung doesn’t stop staring at her. The older girl clears before shifting her focus onto the register screen “Yeah, sure. The total is XX.XX₩.” SinB quickly took a seat at her usual spot as soon as she paid. 

 

The girl kinda feels disappointed when the one who is going to make her order isn’t Sojung. However, it didn't last long when the said girl suddenly walked closer to her seat with a straight face. Is-is she going to be mad at me for stalking her Instagram ? SinB can’t help but to think that Sojung will label her as creepy or nosy. 

 

“Hurm hey, SinB right ?” Sojung rubs her back neck awkwardly when the younger doesn’t reply anything and her face looks totally pale. “Oh yeah yeah , I’m SinB. Can I help you with anything, sunbaenim ?” SinB closed her eyes waiting for the angry remarks or anything negative that she can think of right now but nothing came. She swears she can hear a soft chuckled. The latter slowly opened her eyes and found Sojung’s phone screen in front of her face. “Is @bscenez yours ? I just wanted to make sure before I accept the follow request”

 

Sojung noticed how the girl's face flushed deep red. “Ye-yes that’s mine.” A small smile plastered on Sojung’s face. SinB dumbfounded when the older girl just walked away without saying anything. Is she planning on putting curses on me ?! Am I gonna die ?!

(P/S: Pfft stop being dramatic Hwang Eunbi lol)

 

“Eunbiii, what are you doing here? Why are you not in the practice room?” A familiar voice full of cheerfulness but drenched with strictness behind it made the girl shivered. The guy is the dance club president, Jung Hoseok a.k.a her senior who attended the same high school before. SinB almost animatedly looked back at the guy with a smile on her face. “Just grab a drink for Yerin unnie.” The guy took a seat beside SinB with a smile still fixed on his face “No worries, I’m not going to be mad at you for this. Stop reacting like I’m some sort of scary senior.” The girl's posture became relaxed as Hoseok patted her shoulders. “Besides, the dance practice is cancelled for today because I need to help Seokjin with something. Don’t you read the group notice ?”

SinB just remembered that she turned off her phone as soon as she followed the older girl on Instagram.

 

A ton of texts from Yerin came in as soon SinB turned her phone on. Hoseok already went to the kitchen area after bidding SinB goodbye a while ago. 

“SinB shi, these are your drinks.” SinB thought the other guy would send her orders but oh boy how wrong she is. Sojung is standing in front of her in white turtleneck hidden under the leather jacket , black skinny jeans, high-cut black  converse and half of her face hidden behind a black mask. Hwang Eunbi, stop checking her out ! 

 

“Tha-thanks. Are you already finished with your shift?” 

 

“Yeah, I am heading out now. So … see you around.”

 

Sojung step halted when someone held her wrist. She turned back and found SinB looking down while still holding her wrist. “Yeah ?” The taller one asked , confused with the girl's action. “So-sorry I don’t mean to stop you. It just .. Yerin unnie asked me to give her drink to you because apparently the dance practice is cancelled so she doesn’t want her drink anymore.” SinB holds the drink out to the older nervously. Sojung just chuckled and take the drink then she pat SinB’s soft red hair “Thanks'' 

 

SinB’s blush seared through her cheeks and for a minute she thought her face was on fire. Luckily, Sojung already went away. “Someone is falling in love ~~” Seokjin who just came out from the kitchen area starts teasing SinB when the girl is still standing frozen on the spot. “No, I’m not !?!” SinB just looked down to hide her still red face. Seokjin just laughed watching the younger panicking over his teasing. 

 

TO BE CONTINUED