CHAPTER 3

2:56 AM

Sojung groaned when the insistent alarm sound disturb her sleep. She forcefully dragged her body to get ready for her morning shift at the cafe. Her body cracked every single time she stretched because the couch was kinda small for her size. After getting ready, she prepared some simple breakfast for both her and Jeonghan. The girl feels weird when the whole house is silent. Where is Jeonghan ? She tried a few times knocking the guy’s door room but to no avail there wasn't any response from the said man. The sudden ding sounds from the phone grab her attention. 

 

 

Seeing Mingyu's name in the text makes Sojung feel empty. There is no pain and sadness, just a void in her heart. Just confess already and go away. Sojung wanted to reply to the text with that but she doesn’t have any energy to do it. A simple reply will do it.

 

 

The girl noticed how slow the time passed when she was with Jeonghan. Everything seems grey and dull. Sojung is aware how she and Jeonghan are walking in the same path where no one knows where it leads to. The more they near the end the space between them widens. The closer they are the further they try to walk away from each other. The bitter taste from the first sip of the hot coffee distracts her away from stressing out about the relationship she is having with Jeonghan. The digital clock on the phone screen makes the girl aware she just has 30 minutes before her shift begins. Sojung wears her leather jacket, grabs the helmet and motorcycle key before stepping out of the apartment. After making sure the apartment door behind her was already locked, she made her way to the black 400cc Kawasaki Ninja. Walking doesn’t suit her mood for today.

 

Riding a motorcycle spared Sojung 15 minutes to change to cafe uniform and prepare whatever was supposed to be prepared before changing the close sign to open sign. As soon as the clock struck 8:00 AM, her co-worker, Yeonjun barged into the cafe. A thin layer of sweat covered the nape of his neck and Sojung can see how the guy is short in breath. “Are you getting chased by someone?” The girl asked confusedly while giving Yeonjun a bottle of water. It is a lie if Sojung says she isn’t worried if the guy passed out suddenly.  Yeonjun chug the water down without taking a breath. 

“Soo-Soobin”

“What’s with me ?” Speaking of the devil, the said guy entered the cafe with confusion written on his face.  “No-nothing” Yeonjun quickly hid behind Sojung to conceal his crimson red cheeks. The girl chuckled watching Yeonjun antics. “Why are you here? Where’s Seokjin?” Sojung asked to distract Soobin from staring at Yeonjun who basically had the whole face already red because of the other guy. Soobin shifted his attention to the older girl. “Oh, yeah yeah hurm Seokjin hyung is not gonna come today because he needs to visit another cafe branch and he asked me to replace him for today.” Both Yeonjun and Sojung nod to the information. Before they dispersed to their task station, Soobin stopped in front of Yeonjun after making sure Sojung disappeared behind the door kitcher . A smirk plastered on his face. “Let’s have fun for today, Junnie hyung” Soobin whispered quietly but loud enough for only Yeonjun to hear. The older shivered down the spine when Soobin gave a pat on his shoulder. The younger just act nonchalantly and go to the kitchen leaving Yeonjun alone.

“You need to stop teasing him, Binnie” Sojung said while busy prepping some ingredients prior to peak hours at the cafe. Soobin just shook his head. “You know I’m serious about him, noona. Besides, he looks cute all flustered like that.” Soobin started preparing ingredients to make his favourite food, breads. Hearing Soobin's answer, the girl just smiled. “Kids” Sojung muttered to herself.  

After helping Soobin prepare ingredients at the kitchen, Sojung excused herself to the front to help Yeonjun who seemed like he needed some help with how so many customers came in to get their morning coffees. “I will take over the counter, you can focus on making beverages, Junnie” Both of them are quick on their feets and hands to make sure all customers are satisfied with their services. Customers start to dissipate as it is near noon. When they thought they could take a breath after hours of working, a group of students entered the cafe. Among the students a certain girl with mid-length fiery red hair grabbed Sojung's attention. She’s wearing a one-piece blue color filled with flower patterns and a pair of not-so-high heels today. Cute

“May I take your order?” Sojung hides a smile as she can sense the girl in front of her is flustered when their eyes meet. “I want Ice Americano without syrups.” The girl quickly took a seat at her usual spot after paying. Sojung tapped Yeonjun’s shoulder to gain the guy's attention. She asked Yeonjun to switch their task claiming that she can't no longer watch Yeonjun working with the coffee machine worried that his arms will fall soon enough. The younger just agreed without saying much. Sojung quietly made the girl orders while stealing glance at her once in a while. A chuckle slips out from Sojung when the girl mumbling something incoherents with dissatisfaction written on her face every time she can’t answer a question on the paper. It seems like an assignment from a subject which Sojung has taken during her junior year. 

“ SinB shii, this is your drink.” 

“Thanks” SinB said without looking at Sojung. The lack of attention given by the younger makes Sojung feel weird. She cleared to get SinB attention but to no avail the girl really focused on the paper in her hand. An idea popped out in Sojung’s mind. 

“A A B ”

“What??”

“Oh, that’s the answers for questions number 1,4 and 3”  

SinB stared at Sojung in confusion. 

“So-Sorry I-I don’t mean to disturb you bu-but it seems like you have problems with those questions.”

Realization finally hit the younger when her eyes glow with hopefulness at the older. She then clasped Sojung’s hands in her. 

“Do you take this subject, sunbaenim?” 

“Ye-yes when I was in junior year”

“Great !! Then please tutor me, please I beg you. Mr Namjoon will kill me if I can’t score more than C for this subject in the final.” 

Hearing Namjoon's name brings Sojung back to her junior year. The guy was also a really strict professor back then but the guy has helped her a lot when she has no one left and all alone. Besides, Sojung is one of his favourite students so they kinda have a close relationship with each other. 

“So??” 

SinB’s voice brought the girl back to reality. A smile finds its way on Sojung’s face. 

“Sure” 

“Then .. Can I have your number, sunbaenim? I-I mean I-I ca-can ask questions that I don’t understand, you know like without… ” SinB can feel her face reddened when she realizes she starts rambling. Sojung giggled quietly watching the younger getting flustered. She stopped the younger from rambling more worried SinB’s face would explode because her face is getting as red as an apple. “I will DM my number later and are you free this Saturday ?”

“Ye-yeah”

“Then, we can have our first tutor session this Saturday.

 “Su-sure, thanks sunbaenim”

SinB shivered when Sojung patted her hair soft with a wide smile plastered on the older’s face before focusing back on making drinks. She can hear her heart beating fastly. The girl excused herself when she felt like she can’t handle the weird feeling anymore. Slowly she calmed herself as soon she stepped out from the cafe. Seems like this weird feeling isn’t gonna disappear by itself. SinB swear she will try to find the answer of what she is feeling toward the older. 

That day both of them can’t stop smiling alone and silently wishing Saturday will come fast. The world filled with color for once in Sojung’s view. 

 

         

 


Author's Note:

Sorry for updating late, my weekend is really hectic X-X I hope all of you enjoy the new chapter and I really hope you guys can share your opinions and constructive criticism regarding this fic. Thanks for giving this fanfic love <3

P/S : This is Sowon and SinB private twitr acc profile for this fanfic

SOWON

SINB