Fresh Breath Day

Everyday's A Holiday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thursday. August 6.


"I just said not to make a habit of bringing me home, now you're also picking me up?" Irene says as she walks out of her building towards Byul who is leaning against a black car, with both her hands inside her pockets.

She has to know she looks cool like that, right?

Irene stops in front of the other woman crossing her arms and continues, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're obsessed with me, Ms. Moon."

Byul, still leaning on the car, paused her stare at Irene to look away and up at the sky and says, "I wouldn't say obsessed, it sounds unhealthy."

And with her gaze going back to Irene, she bends forwards so her face is at the same level and near the shorter woman.

She smells like mint.

"But I am completely spellbound by you."

"Are you, now?" Irene retorts back with a steady gaze, almost challenging, as she stands her ground and not stepping back despite how close Byul's face is and despite how good she smells.

"Completely captivated," Byul answers softly with a smile.

Irene can't help but blush at that and can't help but lower her gaze down at the other's lips, "It's too early for your cheesy words, Byul."

"I would say I'm actually late because I wish I've met you sooner, but you'll just say it's cheesy again," Byul answers while straightening her stance and leaning back again.

Irene thinks she does prefer Byul's face closer to hers.

She laughs at the cheesy line and at her thoughts, "You're getting dangerously confident, you know."

Byul just shakes her head with a smile.

"Guess what day it is today."

Despite not wanting to, Irene steps back and looks at Byul carefully, checking for a hint. She thinks there's nothing especially obvious like flowers or fruits or undergarments, "Hmmm. I don't know. What day is it?"

Byul grins and suddenly grabbed her by the waist with both hands and pulled her close against her body. Slightly shocked, she looks up at Byul's eyes as she feels hands gently slide across the small of her back, pulling her much closer. 

It's too early for her heart to be running this wild.

She waits for what felt like forever as Byul slowly leans towards her face. She feels her body tilting back on its own, her gaze falling from Byul's eyes down to . Her own lips burning as she feels like they're also being stared at.

She doesn't know what is happening outside the two of them or if there's anyone looking at them being this close early in the morning and out on the streets. All that she knows is Byul's arms tightly around her, Byul's face very close to hers, and Byul's breath and scent engulfing all of her.

She holds her breath, eyes fluttered close. Just as she's about to expect a kiss from the taller woman, with lips already ghosting against hers, Byul says, "It's Fresh Breath Day."

And just like that, she feels Byul's embrace getting loose from her body, face and lips suddenly away from hers. She blinks as though waking up from a haze, "What?"

What the hell.

Byul, no longer hugging her, is holding her by the forearms and laughing. She gapes at Byul as she's trying to comprehend what just happened.

Did she just tease me???

"I said it's Fresh Breath Day," Byul says again while laughing.

Irene sighs deeply as she shrugs her frustration away.

I hate her.

"So you ready to go?" Byul asks, pressing a key in her hand making

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter