Single Working Women's Day Pt.2

Everyday's A Holiday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Byul waits nervously outside SM Bldg, walking back and forth. She shifts a single stem of light pink lily in one hand, and another hand fixing her tie.

She takes a mental note to research later if there is a correlation between extremely gorgeous girls and sweaty palms and how to possibly treat such a condition.

She can't help but clear and swallow her drumming nerves when she sees Irene finally coming out of the rolling doors.

"Wow. Hi."

"Ms. Moon," Irene greets her with cold eyes.

She smiles at the shorter girl despite the icy greeting.

"You look beautiful."

Irene crosses her arms over each other and raises one eyebrow at her with... is this annoyance I'm sensing?

"Thanks," she answers in a short glare.

"Uh... this is for you," Byul hands her the blushed pink lily.

Irene straightens her stance, looks daggers at the flower and reluctantly takes it.

Was work really that bad today?

Byul is even more nervous now. She couldn't be sweating this early into the date. She can't make a bad impression!

"So... uh... You ready? I made a reservation."

"Yeah, sure," Irene starts walking and Byul had to instantaneously follow behind.
 

 



Okay. This place is super fancy.

Irene can't help but feel impressed by the restaurant Coffee-Shop-Calendar-Liar picked out. They are currently seated in an intimate round table with candles lit in between them, listening to the waiter describe tonight's specials.

She also couldn't help but feel inconsistent and clashing emotions. She's still trying keep a facade of annoyance and anger but it is extremely difficult at the moment.

The flower. The restaurant. The suit. Her.

Joy was right. She does look...just to borrow Joy's term and nothing else... yummy.

Again, that did not come from her, if anyone asks.

Ugh.

She keeps a straight face again as she feels her resolve dissolving.

"Irene?"

She wasn't listening.

"Fancy anything from the specials, ma'am?"

"Sorry. I'll take the seared salmon. Pinot noir, chilled."

"Would you like to get the bottle, ma'am?" The waiter asks Byul.

Byul looks at her, as if waiting for her confirmation. When Irene's expression didn't change, she just says, "Yes, we'll get the bottle please."

The waiter politely takes their order and bids them farewell. She notes the look Byul gave the waiter like she's pleading for help. The waiter just smiles at her and turns to leave.

"I got the Chambertin, if that's alright with you," Byul says to her.

"That's..." Expensive. "Yes. Sure. I didn't notice you also got Pinot noir."

"For the roasted chicken. Nice choice with the salmon too." Stop smiling, I'm mad at you.

Irene just keeps quiet.

"Sooo... Bad afternoon at work?", Byul inquires.

"Why do you ask?"

Byul tilts her head and looks down, "Well... I can only assume because you seem to be in better mood earlier today. But right now, I don't know. Something must have happened."

"Work was fine."

"Is it because you didn't see me today?" Byul asks with a self-approving smirk.

Excuse me?

"What?"

"The reason why you're in a bad mood, is it because you couldn't go to our office this afternoon?", Byul just kept smiling.

Irene's eyebrows are now meeting each other. This girl has some nerve.

"So what did you buy?" she retorts instead.

"Sorry, what did I buy?" Byul's expression slowly changing from smug to confused.

"Yes."

"I bought something?"

"Yes. You know, with your girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend?"

"Your soup and entree, madams," they both looked up at the waiter who unknowingly interrupted their stare down.

Noticing the strong tension, he hurriedly puts down the dishes and slowly backed away from the table. It took a couple of minutes for Byul to resume the conversation.

"My girlfriend?" Byul asks again.

"Yes. What did YOU buy with YOUR girlfriend?" Irene tries to emphasize her words so Byul can stop acting dumb.

Irene thinks she must be good at this act because she's still not answering.
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter