Girlfriend Day Pt.2

Everyday's A Holiday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So I have decided to continue the story a little bit since we will be having more Moonrene crumbs in ASeulHan LUP. Sue me.


It was a rather uneventful rest of the morning for Byul after she distributed the roses she brought for the office. Everyone thought it was sweet but they're pretty much used to her giving flowers, chocolates, little trinkets, and especially lots of compliments to every girl in their company.

"Wow, maybe I shouldn't be giving roses if you're even prettier than any flower out there."

"Roses are red, violets are blue. My heart flutters, when I see you."

"I don't know which is more blooming, this rose or you."

"I thought these roses were fresh when I bought them; you really put them to shame huh."

There had been a mixture of shy blushing, cringing noises, loud shrieks, aawwws and eewwws, and even a few playful slaps on her arms from her workmates. Most of them wonders why Byul is still single when she could have easily dated anyone who throws themselves at her. Many have attempted. But Byul seems content with just teasing them.


So for Byul, the rest of the morning was unexciting. Well, at least it's nothing compared to meeting Miss Gorgeous aka Irene who has an even more gorgeous name. If you were to ask her, she would say the rest of the day would not be as cliffhanging and even especially sorrowful as letting some sort of chance with Miss Gorgeous slip out of her hands.

"Because you're stupid," Yongsun says behind her computer while she types away with no expressions on her face.

"I get it. Jeez," Byul is slumped over her chair, glasses raised over her head as she paused from the social media layout she is currently working at.

She stares at her laptop's wallpaper. The winged monster logo atop the company name, Whimsikality, stares back at her. As if mocking her.

"What would you do if you see her again?"

"What would I not do? I don't even know why I didn't talk to her more! You know me!"

"Yeah, I do. You never shut up." Yongsun stopped typing at her computer to look straight into Byul's eyes and earnestly said, "Never. Like right now."

"I meant," Byul rolls her eyes at her workmate's emphasis, "I'm pretty charming and good with words right?"

"No, not really. I don't know why other people fall for your cheesy lines, to be completely honest."

"Aish, finish that quickly so we can get lunch. I'm hungry! It's close to 1pm!"

"If you talk to me less, I'd finish faster."
 

(This is what her desk would look like at that moment)

 


"Don't worry, it's a simple job, Unnie. They just need some advertising pitch so they can increase their print and digital sales," Joy says as she finished summarizing the agenda for their one o'clock meeting.

"I acshtcually lowve their work, Unnie," Yeri chimes in from across the table.

Irene squints as she hands her team member a table napkin. "I know, Yeri. And please don't talk while chewing. This child. What do you think, Wendy?"

Irene looks at the person next to her who is scanning their table with widened eyes.

"I think Yeri ordered way too much for a lunch she's not paying for."

"And I thank you, Wendy-unnie. I also advance thank you, Joy, for buying coffee this afternoon."

"First of all, I am not getting scammed like Irene and Wendy here. You already got free breakfast and lunch. Second, you need to finish all this food so we're not late for the meeting."

"How did we get this project exactly?" Irene questions Joy and Yeri from across the table who are both busy munching on food paid for by Wendy's card.

Wendy visibly shakes her head to take her mind off of the possible bill charged to her and said, "My friend Seulgi works there. She asked me if we could come in for a project. You remember Seulgi, right? I brought her to our company barbecue one time."

Irene nods slowly as she remembers Wendy's friend who earned everyone's respect by beating them in the eating contest from that one company dinner event.

"Alright, at least I trust Wendy's judgement on this."


The four of them ate quickly and was out of the restaurant of the building from across the business complex. They have decided to eat at the one of the restaurants in the building of the office they are having a meeting. They decided it would be easier in case they had to hurry. Joy does not like to run across the complex after eating. Well, Joy does not like running.

The building is one of the more modern ones in the area. It's a 21-storey building that houses different start-up companies in different floors. The ground floor comprises of various hip cafes and restaurants which reflects the age group of the workers that these companies have. The floor has four traction elevators facing each other. Two adjecent elevators only going on even numbered-floors and the other two only going on odd-numbered floors.

With five minutes short of one o'clock, they went in front of one of the elevators to go to their scheduled meeting. The elevator doors open and Irene's brows knitted together in confusion when three women went out, each holding a stem of rose. Wendy, Joy and Yeri quickly got in the elevator when it emptied and had to call multiple times at Irene who did not realize her gaze was following the women with the roses walking away.

She apologizes and goes in the elevator.

"Yah, what's wrong, Unnie?," Wendy asks with a slight worry.

"Sorry, it's nothing."

Are roses really a thing today? It wasn't in their part of the complex. Coffee Shop Cutie was also carrying roses this morning.

Irene wonders as the doors start to close, her gaze directed at the floor indicator panel, not noticing the opposite elevator open and spitting out the subject of her thoughts.
 


"Hey! You wouldn't shut up about being hungry and now you want to go back up???" Yongsun complains as Byul stopped in her tracks when they came out of the elevator and quickly rushes to the opposite one to push the UP button.

Byul shifts at her feet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter