Uneventful Weekend

Everyday's A Holiday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Irene is contemplating.
Thinking very hard.
This is a pretty big decision for her.
Whatever she decides on today, she will have to live with for the next week, possibly more.

You're thinking about this way more than you should.

After an hour of consideration, she chooses to go with liquid fabric softener instead of dryer sheets. They're more economical, softens the fabric, removes wrinkles, less trash, and she's tried it before. She can't go wrong. She grabs one bottle of the pink-colored fabric conditioner bottle and proceeded to the cashier line.

She has quickly decided to stop by the store to buy fabric softener while on a run this morning. She has been trying to do everything she can the entire weekend to keep her mind in place. Should she also stop by the cup cake shop across the street?

After another hour, she's back at her apartment with a bottle of fabric softener and a small box of cupcakes. She sets to start sorting her clothes and ready her washing machine.

Do you know how to properly wash clothes?

It's simple, really.

She's friends and works with Wendy, they follow each other on social media. 

She just needs to check Wendy's following list and...

 


Wendy is friends with Seulgi, they should be following each other on social media.

and since Seulgi works in Whim and judging by that hey buddy!, she must be following -- Aha!

mo_onbyul...

 

Moon Byul?



She gives the profile a minute and quickly closes the app. She opens her music player and starts playing her classical music playlist– #ThrowBach.

Leaving her phone, Irene goes back to her chores.

She has completed her running route. She has done her laundry. Washed, dried, folded, ironed, hanged, organized. She even read ia Woolf's A Room of One’s Own in one sitting. She has also effectively eaten 4 cupcakes. This is her weekend.

Why did you just say, "See you on Monday?"
Now you have to wait for Monday.

She stands up from her couch and retrieve her phone that's been sitting at her table. Unknowingly smiling while scrolling through the feed she found earlier, she got startled when her doorbell rang.

Right. Dinner's here.

She likes spending time alone at home during her rest days. She doesn't check her emails or do anything work-related. She just enjoys quietly doing her chores and maybe read a book or two. She also likes having dinner at home.

Still, she couldn't help but think of a better Sunday dinner plan. Should I just follow her account now?

She didn't notice that she hasn't been watching the video she started playing on her television. She's again, scrolling through the feed of– is her name actually Moon Byul or it's just a cute clever play on words?


Ignoring her phone again, Irene cleans up and prepares for bed. It's almost 10pm when she finally decided to tap the follow button on user mo_onbyul.

When she didn't receive a notification of getting followed back after wait

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter