Single Working Women's Day Pt. 1

Everyday's A Holiday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TUESDAY. AUGUST 4.

They spent the entire night DM-ing each other, sharing anything they want and can with each other. Their conversations weren't really deep or anything. But it was easy. Comfortable.

Irene would laugh at whatever funny video Byul would send.
Byul would get confused and tease Irene at whatever weird post she would send.


"That's cute but... idk hahahaha!"

"They're cakes designed as other stuff. It's satisfying to watch right?"

"Aaaaah this is the kind of things you like, huh."


They both didn't realize the time and how late it was.

They also didn't notice that they both fell asleep without cutting off their conversation.

Everything felt....right.


So when Byul came in the office with bags under her eyes, Yongsun was eyeing her.

"What happened to you? You look.... happy that you're about to die."

"Do I look bad?," Byul responds with worry. She thought she dressed well today.

Yongsun tilts her head, surveying her friend from her outfit to her face. "Hmmmm.. idk. Let's take a survey."

Yongsun stands up and shouts, "Yeoreobun! Listen up!"

Byul quickly slouches down on her chair, embarrassed, "Meoya! We don't have to do this!"

Some people looked in their direction, waiting for whatever announcement Yongsun is doing again. Others chose to ignore her.

"How does Byul look like today?"


"She's alright, I guess." Excuse me?

"I think she looks cute." Who said that? I'm not cute.

"Byul? Is it office-appropriate to say she's y?" No, it is not appropriate.


Yongsun shakes her head, "Nah, you all have to look up close."

Byul stands up now raising both her hands, "Please don't mind us. Sorry for disturbing you."

"Unnie, you look good but your eyes look heavy," Wheein says while typing away on her laptop.

"Oh okay. I thought I dressed badly."

Hyejin eyes her up and down, "Nah, you look fancy."

"Well, my dear Hyejin, I got a date tonight."

 



Irene is sitting in the board meeting for over an hour now. She's trying hard not to close her heavy eyes as the meeting progress.

She sees her phone lit up with a message.

mo_onbyul: You're not here. 02:13p.m.

Irene has to stop herself from smiling. 

renebaebae: No, I am not. 02:13p.m.

mo_onbyul: You won't come today? 02:14p.m.

renebaebae: Are you disappointed? 02:14p.m

mo_onbyul: Very. 02:15p.m.

renebaebae: I don't think I believe you. 02:14p.m

mo_onbyul: I can send a pic of my tears as evidence. 02:16p.m.



She doesn't realize that she has chuckled out loud.

"Did you say something, Ms. Bae?"

"Sorry, don't mind me. Please proceed."

She keeps her phone away for the rest of the meeting and tries to focus.

Eventually and finally, the meeting ends and Irene is just about ready for the work day to end. She's not sure if it's excitement or nervousness. It is, after all, her first date in a long time.

But of course,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter